You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: [2018-12-17] Bayern Munich vs ??? — CL draw

Postby Machiavellico » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:10 pm

Valerio wrote:
Machiavellico wrote:I really think it should be noted that Van Dijk is suspended for the first match, which is played at Anfield. Arguably the best defender in the world right now.

in which world he is the best? :lol:

Just my two cents, man. And I did say arguably, so you're welcome to your opinion.
But since he came to Liverpool their defense has turned from bang average to good. At least better than ours has been this season(and I'd say the past season as well). And I doubt anyone here believes that's Lovren's achievement.
Plus, if you watched Netherlands' games in the Nations League, Van Dijk is a pretty big factor(possibly the biggest) into Netherlands' recent uprising. They're not excellent, but they're solid. And this is quite something to say about possibly the worst generation Netherlands ever had.

And he nullified Insigne and Mertens in the last group match. Then again there's Ancelotti lol

We're probably gonna play the same game Napoli did at Anfield. I'm frankly a bit more relieved that he's not the one our strikers will face when we'll counter.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:18 pm

I'm not worried about their defense, i'm worried for their attack.

How in the World Kimmich,Alaba,Hummels,Boateng,Süle can stop their attack ? Even Shaq is playing like a WC player these days.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:22 pm

We have to cut their long passes.... and cut their supply to Mane Salah Firmino...

And against their rookie LB I want Robben to be fit..
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Machiavellico » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:28 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:I'm not worried about their defense, i'm worried for their attack.

How in the World Kimmich,Alaba,Hummels,Boateng,Süle can stop their attack ? Even Shaq is playing like a WC player these days.

It's not like they went against any great defenses though. Napoli's? pft. Against PSG they didn't do much. And the little they did in the first match was thanks to Bernat. And it's not like when someone says "best defenders in the world" anyone thinks about Kimpembe and Thiago Silva.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby gumboduncan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:31 pm

tflags wrote:On the other hand Liverpool might have been one of the easiest draws.

They are in a very tight race locally and coming February they'll probably be tired from playing during Xmas and Boxing Day and New Year's eve. I don't know, this might be a blessing in disguise.

I agree with that. We definitely have an advantage with our fixture list. The Christmas schedule is horrible in England and clubs always lose players into injury. I'd rather meet Liverpool in February after a difficult fixture list then in April when they've had more time to rest.

Liverpool also have van Dijk suspended for the first game and that's a huge loss for them.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:39 pm

Machiavellico wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:I'm not worried about their defense, i'm worried for their attack.

It's not like they went against any great defenses though. Napoli's? pft. Against PSG they didn't do much. And the little they did in the first match was thanks to Bernat. And it's not like when someone says "best defenders in the world" anyone thinks about Kimpembe and Thiago Silva.

Neither of any Bayern defenders these days.

The best thing about the draw is to see how some people went from - "We don't need James at all, he can leave in the summer." to " With James back in the team - we have a chance !."

Pathetic. And they were calling that the only "real" fans are from Germany. Learn the club colours first.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby DiegoForlan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:39 pm

Well they are bossing the Premier League, but their CL so far isn't something to be proud of at all, they lost against Red Star Belgrade 2:0, and also lost to Napoli and PSG once . Who knows, we need Robben on the pitch and Ribery on the bench for this match, i wonder how we will play without Müller against Liverpool.
DiegoForlan
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:42 pm

gumboduncan wrote:
tflags wrote:On the other hand Liverpool might have been one of the easiest draws.

They are in a very tight race locally and coming February they'll probably be tired from playing during Xmas and Boxing Day and New Year's eve. I don't know, this might be a blessing in disguise.

I agree with that. We definitely have an advantage with our fixture list. The Christmas schedule is horrible in England and clubs always lose players into injury. I'd rather meet Liverpool in February after a difficult fixture list then in April when they've had more time to rest.

Liverpool also have van Dijk suspended for the first game and that's a huge loss for them.
True that....plus they desperately want the Ship to finaly make it to port
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:43 pm

DiegoForlan wrote:Well they are bossing the Premier League, but their CL so far isn't something to be proud of at all, they lost against Red Star Belgrade 2:0, and also lost to Napoli and PSG once . Who knows, we need Robben on the pitch and Ribery on the bench for this match, i wonder how we will play without Müller against Liverpool.
Hopefully James will be back...

Davies LW
Coman RW

Or Coman LW Robben RW
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:46 pm

Now that I think about it, I can't really say we're the favourites against Tottenham. It's a very, very close tie, probably a coin toss. They've got 39 points in the league, third place and just 5-6 points behind Liverpool and City who are breaking historic records this season. Tottenham are very strong.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Effenberg777 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:53 pm

Borusse wrote:Now that I think about it, I can't really say we're the favourites against Tottenham. It's a very, very close tie, probably a coin toss. They've got 39 points in the league, third place and just 5-6 points behind Liverpool and City who are breaking historic records this season. Tottenham are very strong.

Borusse wake up tottenham will trash dortmund
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby RVABayern » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:03 pm

Leon seems confident lol

On Facebook-
You will never win alone.
The day you think something else,
you start losing.

#FCBLFC #UEFA Champions League
#LookingForward #PackMas #FC Bayern Munich
RVABayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:06 pm

ROMA V PORTO what a ///****r3qre2 of a match@! one of these will be top 8.
while juve / atletico / liverpool / bayern will be already out...

then you will get a #12 saying that bayern are not top 8!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:10 pm

Wow, that was tough. At one point we had about 65% chance of meeting Roma, then we ended up with Liverpool.

Before the draw, Liverpool was the ONLY potential opponent that was rated as having a higher chance of winning the CL than us.

Not only that, but their style really hurts us, specifically the pace in their attack. Plus Klopp knows us all too well, especially Hummels and Lewandowski.

There was only one opponent I was scared of, and we got 'em.

So for the first time this season (yes, #12, you read that right), we will play matches where we are not BOOKMAKER favourites to win.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:10 pm

ramsej84 wrote:ROMA V PORTO what a ///****r3qre2 of a match@! one of these will be top 8.
while juve / atletico / liverpool / bayern will be already out...

then you will get a #12 saying that bayern are not top 8!

Luck of the draw. Such is life.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League