You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Jorge » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:13 pm

#12 wrote:4:0... Anyone still doubt they’re better than us? ;)

Which proves that our solution is not buying 80M players. Dortmund is doing it buying smart, scouting the right way, integrating a young and energetic group of players to a brand that plays fast paced modern football. They are going to hit some bumps on the road obviously but for the most part is refreshing to painfully watch them being 10 times more entertaining than us. We are regressing instead.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:15 pm

Yeah they'll kill us...

Thing is, so much is broken in Munich... Scouting has probably been broken the longest - but it’s not at fault if we get NO ONE!!!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:29 pm

Messi out injured and still no playing time for Dembele nor Malcom :)

This is a wake up call for us. We need to carefully prepare the game in Dortmund, otherwise we will be punished. Dortmund like to overcrowd the midfield with pacy players in order to recover the ball and quickly launch a counter attack.

That match will prove Kovac's worth. If Robbery and Müller play, we will soon be dead. But if we strengthen the midfield, play compact and aim for counter attacks we can definitely win the game. Sanches is a big NO for this game while Gnabry should start providing that he is fit.

It's gonna be a hell of a game. Finally the good old German Classico is back :D
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby rthebest » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:25 pm

#12 wrote:4:0... Anyone still doubt they’re better than us?

They are way better than us. They have younger and deeper squad and a very capable manager. To be fair they screwed up last year but recovered by Sammer and Favre and getting rid of many of their useless players (remember Schurrle). Base on current form I am expecting a similar result against Bayern.
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby rthebest » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:28 pm

It is not only BVB that playing good football. I watched hoffenheim yesterday they played really good considering the players they have and it all because the coach. How on earth Uli thought Kovac is better than Nagelsmann.
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby gumboduncan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:06 am

Lets wait and see when we'll meet in a couple of weeks time. It'll be funny when we'll beat them and all of a sudden everyone will be singing our praise for beating the "mighty" Dortmund in Dortmund. But this is a great result for Dortmund and for the Bundesliga.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby Fénix » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:08 am

Dr. Favre's signature at Dortmund! =P~

God, how I love this coach and yet the Bayern board never considered him to bring in here, never ever. Uli can't stand guys such as Favre and Tuchel, but okay... He can't stand buying new, younger players who are urgent to cover all of our weaknesses and lack of squad depth, either.

What Favre liked to do to Guardiola's Bayern during Gladbach days was a perversion where only result looked nothing special due to limited quality of his players, but that's how it goes when you managed weaker team, some 2 classes below Bayern in period 2012-2015.

Simeone never lost 4-0 in his life as a coach and I'm sure his team has never conceded 4 goals in 1 matmch. Tonight this has changed.

But this is just a beginning. Let's wait and see where the Swiss is going to be next year in spring or in 2-3 years.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby America USA » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:28 am

I’m slightly worried about the upcoming Klassiker. That Dortmund front four of Pulisic, Reus, Sanch - Alcacer can punish Bayern ruthlessly. That’s another reason to NOT rotate much as far as midfield and the back four are concerned.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:23 am

America USA wrote:I’m slightly worried about the upcoming Klassiker. That Dortmund front four of Pulisic, Reus, Sanch - Alcacer can punish Bayern ruthlessly. That’s another reason to NOT rotate much as far as midfield and the back four are concerned.

Slightly? If we don’t improve 150-200% and they lose a bit of form, they're gonna trash us... Like 5 up...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:02 am

Against Dortmund we have to be very weary...
It might be the game of Kovac afterall ... the game for the underdog...

If all the following are available I would play like this.

Neuer

Boa Hummels Sule
Kimmich Javi Thiago Goretzka Alaba
James
Lewa

I was tempted to insert Renato and Gnabry...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:34 am

Dortmund is a lesson for Bayern in that they're showing how much of a difference a good coach and management (Sammer) can do. I mean, yeah, they brought in people like Sancho, but mostly I would say their improvement is tactical.

It was the same with Tuchel. They were quite good, although they seem even better now. Whereas at Bayern we tend to think any coach can win and they don't make much difference, which is not true (assuming they have freedom to play who they want).

I've always had doubts on Favre coaching a club like Bayern but results like this suggest he might have been a good choice.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:56 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Dortmund is a lesson for Bayern in that they're showing how much of a difference a good coach and management (Sammer) can do. I mean, yeah, they brought in people like Sancho, but mostly I would say their improvement is tactical.

It was the same with Tuchel. They were quite good, although they seem even better now. Whereas at Bayern we tend to think any coach can win and they don't make much difference, which is not true (assuming they have freedom to play who they want).

I've always had doubts on Favre coaching a club like Bayern but results like this suggest he might have been a good choice.

I wanted Favre when Pep was not going to extend and I wanted him again when we sacked Carlo....

but we missed out on him..................
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby rthebest » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:39 pm

Favre is a very capable and tactical coach who makes every player better. He just can't handle pressure when things doesn't work anymore. But hecwould be a good choice if Bayern really wanted to bring in young players.
rthebest
I post all the time

National Flag:
Canada

Postby rthebest » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:43 pm

BVB showed again that they have good option on the bench and a coach who make good substitutions decisions. Unlike Kovac whoes subs sofar had zero or negative impacts. Ofcourse I don't blame him completely when your second striker is Wagner .
rthebest
I post all the time

National Flag:
Canada

Postby rthebest » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:44 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Against Dortmund we have to be very weary...
It might be the game of Kovac afterall ... the game for the underdog...

If all the following are available I would play like this.

Neuer

Boa Hummels Sule
Kimmich Javi Thiago Goretzka Alaba
James
Lewa

I was tempted to insert Renato and Gnabry...

If you want to park the bus and play on counter you need pace this Bayern team doesn't have it.
rthebest
I post all the time

National Flag:
Canada

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League