You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:13 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Just because you say we aren't doesn't mean we aren't. And the bookmakers are definitely more accurate than you who probably sincerely believes Bayer Leverkusen have a bigger chance than us of winning the CL next season.

At the end of the day it's fact that it's been a long while since we have been eliminated by a club that did not make the CL final. If we were always not in the top 8 you would expect us to get eliminated by many clubs who fail to reach the final.


There’s only one club in pot 1 we would likely beat... Two on a good day... But there’s a better club in pot 2 and 3-4 that are more or less on par and would at least give us a tough time...

Stop. Just stop. Enough of your predictions. Why do you bother anyway?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41049
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 7426 times
Been thanked: 11379 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:24 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Just because you say we aren't doesn't mean we aren't. And the bookmakers are definitely more accurate than you who probably sincerely believes Bayer Leverkusen have a bigger chance than us of winning the CL next season.

At the end of the day it's fact that it's been a long while since we have been eliminated by a club that did not make the CL final. If we were always not in the top 8 you would expect us to get eliminated by many clubs who fail to reach the final.


There’s only one club in pot 1 we would likely beat... Two on a good day... But there’s a better club in pot 2 and 3-4 that are more or less on par and would at least give us a tough time...

Stop. Just stop. Enough of your predictions. Why do you bother anyway?


Why wouldn’t I? Just because YOUR only argument is trying to ridicule me based on events YOU selected? Yeah, convincing...
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17281
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 839 times
Been thanked: 4154 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:33 pm

There are 2 we’d likely beat (Zenit and Chelsea), 3 we’d have a good chance of beating but it can go either way and we would probably lose with Kovac (Juve, PSG, City, from most to least likely to beat imo), and 2 who would almost certainly beat us with our 2018/19 squad (Liverpool and Barca).
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 36040
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 11158 times
Been thanked: 8942 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:38 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:There are 2 we’d likely beat (Zenit and Chelsea), 3 we’d have a good chance of beating but it can go either way and we would probably lose with Kovac (Juve, PSG, City, from most to least likely to beat imo), and 2 who would almost certainly beat us with our 2018/19 squad (Liverpool and Barca).


Nah we'd definitely beat Zenit, Chelsea on a good day... The rest I consider superior in squad quality and depth, so with Kovac, no contest... RM are better as well, Atlético definitely not worse (yet)...
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17281
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 839 times
Been thanked: 4154 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:51 pm

I don’t disagree that those 3 probably are better overall (not too sure about Juve, but they have Ronaldo) but they’re not unbeatable.

Not sure who you think would give us a tough time in pots 3-4...
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 36040
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 11158 times
Been thanked: 8942 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:27 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I don’t disagree that those 3 probably are better overall (not too sure about Juve, but they have Ronaldo) but they’re not unbeatable.

Not sure who you think would give us a tough time in pots 3-4...


I was talking pot 2! 3-4 teams in there!

Pots 3 AND 4 maybe have an occasional team that could annoy us, but for the most part they’re likely not good enough to beat us over two legs...
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17281
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 839 times
Been thanked: 4154 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Ed. » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:28 am

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I don’t disagree that those 3 probably are better overall (not too sure about Juve, but they have Ronaldo) but they’re not unbeatable.

Not sure who you think would give us a tough time in pots 3-4...


I was talking pot 2! 3-4 teams in there!

Pots 3 AND 4 maybe have an occasional team that could annoy us, but for the most part they’re likely not good enough to beat us over two legs...


Pots or not pots, doesnt' matter, this side is not getting to the semis. It'll do well to get to the quarters.

I agree with what you're saying. There are too many top teams that are better than this squad , too many where the result is 50-50 and too few top teams that we should overcome.

We need something more in attack to compete better. Gnarby & Coman are not going to cut it.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:15 pm
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 210 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:15 pm

There aren’t four teams that are clearly better than us. There’s really no reason to assume we will lose every 50-50 tie.
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 36040
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 11158 times
Been thanked: 8942 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:20 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:There aren’t four teams that are clearly better than us. There’s really no reason to assume we will lose every 50-50 tie.


We have lost all of them since 2013, except Juve where we were VERY lucky...
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17281
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 839 times
Been thanked: 4154 times
Gender: Male

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:36 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:There aren’t four teams that are clearly better than us. There’s really no reason to assume we will lose every 50-50 tie.


We have lost all of them since 2013, except Juve where we were VERY lucky...


No we didn’t.

Last year we won one and lost one vs PSG. We also drew one with Real Madrid (which is not 50-50. They are better).
The year before we won one and lost one vs Atletico. We thrashed Arsenal twice (if you want to include them, fair enough if not.) We also beat Real Madrid (again, better) over 90 minutes before being robbed. And yeah, I know your opinion about the referee but you can’t dismiss our win vs Juve as very lucky and not do so with the Real game.
The year before we also beat Atletico apart from Juve, and were only eliminated on goal difference.

If you think only Real and Barca were on our level in the first two Pep seasons then we did lose all of them in those two seasons, which doesn’t say much. But since you included Juve I’d say it’s only fair to also include City, whom we beat more than once.
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 36040
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 11158 times
Been thanked: 8942 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:09 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:There aren’t four teams that are clearly better than us. There’s really no reason to assume we will lose every 50-50 tie.


We have lost all of them since 2013, except Juve where we were VERY lucky...


No we didn’t.

Last year we won one and lost one vs PSG. We also drew one with Real Madrid (which is not 50-50. They are better).
The year before we won one and lost one vs Atletico. We thrashed Arsenal twice (if you want to include them, fair enough if not.) We also beat Real Madrid (again, better) over 90 minutes before being robbed. And yeah, I know your opinion about the referee but you can’t dismiss our win vs Juve as very lucky and not do so with the Real game.
The year before we also beat Atletico apart from Juve, and were only eliminated on goal difference.

If you think only Real and Barca were on our level in the first two Pep seasons then we did lose all of them in those two seasons, which doesn’t say much. But since you included Juve I’d say it’s only fair to also include City, whom we beat more than once.


Erm... You spoke about TIES! Not games...

And the City team back then was not the City team it is today... We WERE unlucky with the refs, but that doesn’t mean we played on the same level (with Carlo)... With Jupp we kinda did, but we still lost...
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17281
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 839 times
Been thanked: 4154 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:29 pm

Fair point on the ties not games. Still though, it shows they were mostly not clear cut victories. It could easily have gone the other way which is what I’d expect from a 50-50 tie.
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 36040
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 11158 times
Been thanked: 8942 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:33 pm

Easily? I think we win FAR too few of those "50-50" ties... You would expect we could at least win 50% and not like 5...
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17281
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 839 times
Been thanked: 4154 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:47 pm

#12 wrote:Easily? I think we win FAR too few of those "50-50" ties... You would expect we could at least win 50% and not like 5...

Actually, we ALWAYS win those ties that YOU consider "50-50" :lol: :lol:

Probably this season these would be the matches against SV Drochtersen/Assel and SV Rödinghausen. The rest you usually predict us to lose, hence you don't consider them 50-50 ;)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41049
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 7426 times
Been thanked: 11379 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:00 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Easily? I think we win FAR too few of those "50-50" ties... You would expect we could at least win 50% and not like 5...

Actually, we ALWAYS win those ties that YOU consider "50-50" :lol: :lol:

Probably this season these would be the matches against SV Drochtersen/Assel and SV Rödinghausen. The rest you usually predict us to lose, hence you don't consider them 50-50 ;)


How funny
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17281
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 839 times
Been thanked: 4154 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests