You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:00 pm

Lucas Moura: *scores hattrick in the semifinals to show manager his dedication and desire to start games*
Pochettino : *benches Moura*

Wtf?

Allowing Kane to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes was a criminal offense. Just back from a injury, he was useless.. Why he didn't start with the same team which beat Ajax, and then sub on Kane after the 60th minute if he was needed?!? Liverpool were beatable tonight, congrats to them, but I almost fall asleep while watching the game..
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Borusse » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:52 pm

Look at it this way, would you bench Lewandowski if he were back from injury? Of course you wouldn't. You want your star players on the field, sometimes it doesn't work out. I don't blame him for starting Kane, I would sub him off though after 50-60 minutes.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:57 pm

aterford wrote:Congrats to Kovac In fans on winning the "We lost to the eventual champs" trophy
Poor Pep he can't win it...
Maybe he does with Juve
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:18 am

ramsej84 wrote:
aterford wrote:Congrats to Kovac In fans on winning the "We lost to the eventual champs" trophy
Maybe he does with Juve

Guardiola won it two times as coach and one time as player... Kovac never won it and he never will...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:58 am

Bavarian_Kielbasa
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:27 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Maybe he does with Juve

Living rent free in your head. Hahah.

Where in the world did you get the idea to bring Pep into this? (Who has of course won it more than both Klopp and Kovac)

And before you ask why Kovac got brought into it....Let's not pretend that the pro-Kovac supporters haven't been pushing this "we lost to a team that's in the semifinals" "we lost to a team that's a ucl finalist" and now "at least we lost to the champions" stuff for months now.

But Pep...? Only reason one could possibly bring him up right now is if they're just flat-out obsessed with the man...
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:04 am

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:50 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!

And there it is. Gag me.
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:52 am

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:53 am

Borusse wrote:Look at it this way, would you bench Lewandowski if he were back from injury? Of course you wouldn't. You want your star players on the field, sometimes it doesn't work out. I don't blame him for starting Kane, I would sub him off though after 50-60 minutes.

If he's coming from a long injury and he's clearly not ready to play 90 minutes, of course I'm not going to throw him out since the 1st minute...

Their win percentage in games with Kane is 58%, compared to 57% without. There is no difference, he knew and said that he is not in his best form, and there you have Lucas who just scored 3 goals in the last CL game sitting on the bench.. Image
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Achilles » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:08 am

Terrible game, the Spurs where drown from top to bottom. Kane nowhere, Son made only unforced errors, Eriksen was a ghost, Delle Alli showed again why he is overestimated and Pochettino made serious mistakes plus the joke-penalty from the ref.

Liverpool two times in a row in a final, deservedly 100% and if it wasn't for Karius who knows...
Klopp is teaching transition like a boss since 2012, what Pep does with his tiki-taka in a blink of an eye he shapes his team into his tactics, Klopp does the same with gegenpressing and perfect transition with less budget and re-builds so he needs more time. Definitely two greats of this era of coaching and we had them in Bundesliga once. Klopp HAS TO BECOME Bayern's coach in the near future.

Bold CL from Liverpool, I have to congratulate them big time, they KO'd Bayern easily, made a historic comeback against Barca and where clearly the superior team in the final!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:47 am

ramsej84 wrote:https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/champions-league/1110440/watch-kinsey-wolanski-the-uefa-champions-league-pitch-invader-advertising-russian-adult-website-vitaly-uncensored/Image

Best scene of that poor excuse for a soccer game...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:49 am

Achilles wrote:Terrible game, the Spurs where drown from top to bottom. Kane nowhere, Son made only unforced errors, Eriksen was a ghost, Delle Alli showed again why he is overestimated and Pochettino made serious mistakes plus the joke-penalty from the ref.

Liverpool two times in a row in a final, deservedly 100% and if it wasn't for Karius who knows...
Klopp is teaching transition like a boss since 2012, what Pep does with his tiki-taka in a blink of an eye he shapes his team into his tactics, Klopp does the same with gegenpressing and perfect transition with less budget and re-builds so he needs more time. Definitely two greats of this era of coaching and we had them in Bundesliga once. Klopp HAS TO BECOME Bayern's coach in the near future.

Bold CL from Liverpool, I have to congratulate them big time, they KO'd Bayern easily, made a historic comeback against Barca and where clearly the superior team in the final!

Both Bayern and Barca to blame for that...

And that penalty was 100% legit... Dumbest scene ever...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ed. » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:20 am

Borusse wrote:Look at it this way, would you bench Lewandowski if he were back from injury? Of course you wouldn't. You want your star players on the field, sometimes it doesn't work out. I don't blame him for starting Kane, I would sub him off though after 50-60 minutes.

Yes of course. If he hadn't played a single game in 2 months.
Moura scored a hattrick, 2 goals of which were purely down to his individual ability. He got them to the final in the first place.
What more did he have to do to deserve a first X1 spot??? Don the gloves and stop a couple of penalties ???

Pochettino could have still taken the gamble he wanted with Kane, but dropped Ali, who besides laying on a decent assist for Moura against Ajax was completely useless for almost all the knockout games.

Ali reminds me of Muller. Great against bossing weaker teams. Has some skill but always disappears against the big guns.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Rauntšik » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:25 am

Yeah.. that game sucked.
Rauntšik
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League