You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 08, 2019 9:15 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:They were looking like they tried to change the corner kick taker remember. That's the distinction for me there that sets this apart from a dummy or a quick free kick. The moment Trent walked away from the ball, everyone (let's face it, including yourself) assumed the play was not on until the new taker steps up and I'd forgive the defending team for making this reasonable assumption except it wasn't intuitively in the rules.

Exactly. Rather than a quick free kick I would compare it to when a player is down injured with play on. Can you technically keep playing and score a goal without breaking the rules? Sure, but it’s not nice or pleasant.

This kind of tactic doesn’t outplay the opponent. It creates a situation where they are not facing you on an equal footing. Now you might say that’s the point of football, to exploit your opponent’s flaws, but to me anything which makes sure your opponents cannot use their full talent is dirty play.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed May 08, 2019 9:46 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
RVABayern wrote:I’m actually pretty disgusted with how hard our fans are rooting for Liverpool.

Although they’re my favourite English team I’m not rooting for them. I’m all for Ajax. But Liverpool over Barca any day. Good to know a Spanish team won’t be winning.

It’s also pretty natural for me to wish the team that eliminates us all the best unless they do so controversially.
I'm sorry but I don't empathise with the second team thing. Sometimes I meet with people who have a team in every league, sometimes they even have a 2nd team in the same league. It's not for me.

Ok I root for a remaining team but I always base my decision on this chart. Just a few years ago it was only us and Liverpool with 5. Now we already had Barcelona reach us, if Ajax win it, they will be equal. If Liverpool do they will skip us and within reach of Milan.

Oh boy it hurts to think that Bayern could've made at least one more during these 6 years.

As much as I hate Juve, there were times that I was at odds with myself but wouldn't have minded them taking it, and even having to bear their local boastful supporters...but it was for the greater good

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:26 am

you have a point esp with juve... this yr I did not wanted them just cause of Penaldo ... in fact vs real I was rooting for them...

this yr the best scenario is of an ajax win... at least they just reach us.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 08, 2019 10:36 am

Bayernbazi wrote:I'm sorry but I don't empathise with the second team thing. Sometimes I meet with people who have a team in every league, sometimes they even have a 2nd team in the same league. It's not for me.

I don't have a second time (unless you count Sliema, but like ramsej I feel like local football is just a different world). But there are teams I prefer over others in their league either because my friends support them, I don't mind their local fans, or I just like watching them play. Liverpool is one of these, in recent years Milan in Italy too. But I don't "support" them. On some occasions I even enjoy it when they lose so I can tease my friends. :mrgreen:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 08, 2019 10:38 am

ramsej84 wrote:this yr the best scenario is of an ajax win... at least they just reach us.

Wow I had no idea Ajax had 4! I thought it was 2 or 3.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 08, 2019 11:55 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:this yr the best scenario is of an ajax win... at least they just reach us.

Wow I had no idea Ajax had 4! I thought it was 2 or 3.

they won it three yrs in a row... than we took over from them and won it three times in a row ourselves.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed May 08, 2019 12:01 pm

ramsej84 wrote:you have a point esp with juve... this yr I did not wanted them just cause of Penaldo ... in fact vs real I was rooting for them...

this yr the best scenario is of an ajax win... at least they just reach us.

Or go for the Spurs :lol: maybe they can pull out some more VAR magic :lol:

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:I'm sorry but I don't empathise with the second team thing. Sometimes I meet with people who have a team in every league, sometimes they even have a 2nd team in the same league. It's not for me.

I don't have a second time (unless you count Sliema, but like ramsej I feel like local football is just a different world). But there are teams I prefer over others in their league either because my friends support them, I don't mind their local fans, or I just like watching them play. Liverpool is one of these, in recent years Milan in Italy too. But I don't "support" them. On some occasions I even enjoy it when they lose so I can tease my friends. :mrgreen:

I've not been very ecstatic about local football for quite a while now. I follow matches loosely, but I would be lying to say that the way in which it came about, Saturday’s decider between my hometown team and Valletta didn’t kindle the urge to get enclosure tickets just for the taste of some good old times, but when I found out that it was next to impossible, I was happy to watch on TV. Bayern was on main TV and the decider on my mobile. I switched to main TV only after Bayern’s match and got into it as it dragged on and on and in the end, I really hoped for a different outcome mainly because it could be the club’s president last chance due to serious health issues and secondly because I cannot stand Valletta’s arrogance and sense of entitlement anymore. But after the match that was it, no overwhelming sadness. Today there is the cup knock out against the 2 again but I don’t have any interest.

Unfortunately this season was a really disappointing Bayern’s season as well, previously they used to compensate for the lacklustre local competition.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:06 pm

live on tvm2 @ 18.30

did you hear that on that bloody facebook someone joked with the fact that bezzina is not healthy !?!! :evil:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 08, 2019 12:41 pm

Off-topic but as far as local football goes I have also been less interested in recent years, only attending a few games where before I went for most. I think now that Valletta won and are one title away from reaching our record number of titles I will have more interest next weekend though.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed May 08, 2019 12:55 pm

ramsej84 wrote:live on tvm2 @ 18.30

did you hear that on that bloody facebook someone joked with the fact that bezzina is not healthy !?!! :evil:

all clubs draw trash to them but they're the worst, because as I mentioned there are none as arrogant and with this sense of entitlement as they are !

I saw the post with my own eyes - it was posted as their last penalty taker was not yet done celebrating, I couldn't believe what twisted mind could possibly decide instead of posting celebratory comments about their achievements instead choose to taunt a terminally ill man about his unfulfilled dream to see one last title win by the club that he led for 40 years !!! The irony is that at that time their president was being transported to hospital from the stadium to due to heart issues but thank god it seems that it was nothing serious and was discharged.

They're still onto it. As you know they are the only backward lot that enjoy 'celebrating 1930's style' by doing the outdated mock funeral procession with dress-ups and coffins for each other club #-o . Somebody neutral posted asking if it was befitting due to this situation as a sign of respect for the rival president but somebody insisted that they enjoyed this more than the party celebration and they make the funeral 'celebration' double the fun ! That's how they are - unfortunately the only reply that can shut them is losing matches !
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:57 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Off-topic but as far as local football goes I have also been less interested in recent years, only attending a few games where before I went for most. I think now that Valletta won and are one title away from reaching our record number of titles I will have more interest next weekend though.

26 league titles... not overall
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:11 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:live on tvm2 @ 18.30

all clubs draw trash to them but they're the worst, because as I mentioned there are none as arrogant and with this sense of entitlement as they are !

I saw the post with my own eyes - it was posted as their last penalty taker was not yet done celebrating, I couldn't believe what twisted mind could possibly decide instead of posting celebratory comments about their achievements instead choose to taunt a terminally ill man about his unfulfilled dream to see one last title win by the club that he led for 40 years !!! The irony is that at that time their president was being transported to hospital from the stadium to due to heart issues but thank god it seems that it was nothing serious and was discharged.

They're still onto it. As you know they are the only backward lot that enjoy 'celebrating 1930's style' by doing the outdated mock funeral procession with dress-ups and coffins for each other club #-o . Somebody neutral posted asking if it was befitting due to this situation as a sign of respect for the rival president but somebody insisted that they enjoyed this more than the party celebration and they make the funeral 'celebration' double the fun ! That's how they are - unfortunately the only reply that can shut them is losing matches !

May Karma reach them, as early as tonight [-o<
I also saw a frightening post re Hamrun by one of these sub humans...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 08, 2019 2:17 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Off-topic but as far as local football goes I have also been less interested in recent years, only attending a few games where before I went for most. I think now that Valletta won and are one title away from reaching our record number of titles I will have more interest next weekend though.

26 league titles... not overall

That's what I meant.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:12 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
RVABayern wrote:I’m actually pretty disgusted with how hard our fans are rooting for Liverpool.

Although they’re my favourite English team I’m not rooting for them. I’m all for Ajax. But Liverpool over Barca any day. Good to know a Spanish team won’t be winning.

It’s also pretty natural for me to wish the team that eliminates us all the best unless they do so controversially.

With Kovac at the helm? You’re truly masochistic dude
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:14 pm

Lukas wrote:Two all English finals coming up :twisted:

It's like the game just exists purely to piss me off a lot of the time

Makes sense seeing as the English claim to be the inventors
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League