You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Lukas » Tue May 07, 2019 10:53 pm

[/quote]Jesus I was thinking about this...

Birkirkara is me ... how can I explain it!

& we are talking about a different world... so they don't come into the same equation[/quote]
I know what you mean. Hull and Bayern are different worlds. But I could never support a third, fourth etc club. I love my home city and I love Germany/Munich. Both hold special places in my heart as they represent different parts of my life which I still hold dear. I'm a grown man now. There is no space in my heart for any more clubs :mrgreen:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:56 pm

Tbf my second team is more than one...
I even won't mind ajax winning it
Bilbao
Atl Madrid
Celtic
Atalanta Lazio I like them all
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Effenberg777 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:57 pm

I was amazed how much liverpool players ran tonight.
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/first- ... -kornmayer
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby Borusse » Tue May 07, 2019 11:00 pm

[/youtube]

The respect from Mourinho =D>
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby #12 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:18 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Would rather Madrid won it a 4th time in a row. A club with Matip and Henderson in the line up, with fans who don't understand what Klopp's really done for them other than "gegenpressing", and a New Balance kit maker. That club is about to be crowned champions of Europe. Absolutely shameful.

Well... Thing is, people might say or have said things about us too...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:20 pm

Second team...

You’re either a fan or you have a second team...

My "second team" is the German NT
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:34 pm

So, what are your thoughts on the corner goal?

I think it's every bit as clever and ruthless, but not more or less so, as diving. Great option to take advantage of the system, but ideally you shouldn't have to / be able to do it although winning precedes all manner of superficial fair play. I hate that it's being lauded as some kind of phenomenal genius. It's dirty, but that's okay. Great goal.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:37 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:So, what are your thoughts on the corner goal?

I think it's every bit as clever and ruthless, but not more or less so, as diving. Great option to take advantage of the system, but ideally you shouldn't have to / be able to do it although winning precedes all manner of superficial fair play. I hate that it's being lauded as some kind of phenomenal genius. It's dirty, but that's okay. Great goal.

Don’t think so at all... As soon as the ball is there, it is fair game to be kicked... A team defending that shameful is embarrassing... If that had been us you guys would hate me even more, if I didn’t get a ban that is...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:44 pm

Diving is also perfectly fair. A foul should ideally be decided the moment the contact (or not) was made, not in the aftermath.

Also, yes Barcelona was caught sleeping but so were Liverpool - even Origi just happened to be at the right place at the right time. If you can wait on a wall to be formed during a free kick before it can be taken, there's no reason why a corner defense shouldn't be set up either. Clearly everyone was led to believe that there was no reason to expect a corner kick. There should've been a protection for the defending team on that aspect. But there isn't, so taking advantage of it is perfectly fine.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Borusse » Wed May 08, 2019 12:20 am

Completely different. Diving is an attempt to fool the ref to get an unfair advantage because there was actually no foul. Here everything is acceptable and only party that was fooled were Barcelona players.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Jorge » Wed May 08, 2019 12:58 am

#12 wrote:My "second team" is the German NT

Who would have thought!
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Wed May 08, 2019 3:32 am

This current Liverpool is an inspirational club. 5 years ago Liverpool was forced to sell their star striker.....to Barcelona. 2 years ago Liverpool was again forced to sell their best player.....to Barcelona

I have not seen FC Bayern do anything as ballsy as what this Liverpool club has over the past 2 seasons in quite sometime. All I hear from our club is 2013 this, 2013 that, Real cheated and acquiring the German on an EPL bench is gonna put us over the top. Sad times.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed May 08, 2019 5:31 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:So, what are your thoughts on the corner goal?

Not as shameful as Mueller pretending to trip during a freekick.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:59 am

Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:This current Liverpool is an inspirational club. 5 years ago Liverpool was forced to sell their star striker.....to Barcelona. 2 years ago Liverpool was again forced to sell their best player.....to Barcelona

I have not seen FC Bayern do anything as ballsy as what this Liverpool club has over the past 2 seasons in quite sometime. All I hear from our club is 2013 this, 2013 that, Real cheated and acquiring the German on an EPL bench is gonna put us over the top. Sad times.

Living in the past is all this once great club has to offer these days... And it’ll get worse before it gets better...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 08, 2019 6:08 am

RVABayern wrote:I’m actually pretty disgusted with how hard our fans are rooting for Liverpool.

Although they’re my favourite English team I’m not rooting for them. I’m all for Ajax. But Liverpool over Barca any day. Good to know a Spanish team won’t be winning.

It’s also pretty natural for me to wish the team that eliminates us all the best unless they do so controversially.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League