You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:35 am

to say that Liverpool did not deserve to score an away goal is just too harsh and biased.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 02, 2019 7:46 am

IsiahRashad wrote:Btw, I've got a little dejavu moment.. All the hype surrounding Liverpool and all the comments that they cannot be stoped..all the talk just to be trashed away in Spain.. The feel that they are "the better team, they've got the control, but the result is not real".. Just to be **** around by Messi.

Fudge.

Same thing every year with the English clubs. Liverpool played well in the second half but in the end just like last year, they failed the moment they faced a top team (we probably can’t be considered a top team right now). They’ve had it a bit easy with draws.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:17 am

Are juve p$g or man shitty top teams?
Who are the top teams?
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Thu May 02, 2019 8:41 am

ramsej84 wrote:Are juve p$g or man shitty top teams?
Who are the top teams?

First you have give a definition of a top club. Try to define top clubs yet exclude your sympathies or hate towards them. :wink:

Juventus is a top club, one of world's 4 best clubs, if I measure it according to the non-modern football standards and PSG and Man City are literally one big nothing in football.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Achilles » Thu May 02, 2019 8:41 am

Both Liverpool and Barca are easy to read/exploit but most of the times hard to execute them because of their effective style.
Barcelona is dead against ultra-high pressing teams(Klopp style) and Liverpool of Klopp extremely vulnerable if you trick and by-pass their gegenpress with VVD they somehow masked that vulnerability with great anticipation and solid blocks but still there is too much room in the final third to cover since you crack their full-pressing. Messi is another story... he needs 15' minutes and can knock you out, we can speak from experience.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Thu May 02, 2019 9:58 am

Liverpool have only themselves to blame. It didn't feel like they were outclassed at all as the result suggests. Messi made a difference on the other end but nobody forbid Liverpool from scoring goals. Should have gotten at least one and with 3-1 this tie would still be open, now it's almost done, Barca won't let it slip away again.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Valerio » Thu May 02, 2019 10:34 am

Oh so Barcellona gonna win it this year.
Boring Real-Barca duo. Hope their era gonna end soon
Valerio
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Valerio » Thu May 02, 2019 10:37 am

Fénix wrote:
Who are the top teams?

First you have give a definition of a top club. Try to define top clubs yet exclude your sympathies or hate towards them. :wink:

Juventus is a top club, one of world's 4 best clubs, if I measure it according to the non-modern football standards and PSG and Man City are literally one big nothing in football.

a Top club is one who win CL in the past 10 years
so Barcellona,Real Madrid,Chelsea and Bayern.
Valerio
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu May 02, 2019 5:18 pm

Borusse wrote:Liverpool have only themselves to blame. It didn't feel like they were outclassed at all as the result suggests. Messi made a difference on the other end but nobody forbid Liverpool from scoring goals. Should have gotten at least one and with 3-1 this tie would still be open, now it's almost done, Barca won't let it slip away again.

Barca could’ve easily scored more as well... Overall Liverpool played quite well but Barca had more and better chances...

Also, god forbid Liverpool made the final... The already laughable "overhaul" would implode into a big zilch...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DRvad14 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:05 pm

Who are the top teams?

teams or clubs ? teams shitty perhaps all will be there as much as most of us dont like it to be .
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:24 pm

Messi should be banned for two matches

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Yes... sure... wishful thinking
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Sat May 04, 2019 9:33 am

As much as I dislike Mourinho's approach to coaching and all of his provocations, I very much like to listen to him analyse football, seems like a different, more positive person:

Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Sat May 04, 2019 10:42 am

ramsej84 wrote:Messi should be banned for two matches

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Yes... sure... wishful thinking

Worst part is... Fabinho got a yellow card and Messi scored the ensuing freekick.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Sat May 04, 2019 10:49 am

People were praising Messi for that game but actually, after watching a lot of his matches over the years, I think this was one of his mediocore performances. He lost the ball a lot of times, his passes weren't as accurate as usual. He also seemed tense, angry and provocative, a very rare thing to see from Messi. When Milner fouled him, he rolled over 5 times like he was Neymar, normally he would just fall on the ground and stayed focused on his game. He probably just really, really wanted to win.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Fénix » Sat May 04, 2019 11:00 am

Borusse wrote:As much as I dislike Mourinho's approach to coaching and all of his provocations, I very much like to listen to him analyse football, seems like a different, more positive person:

Being a mind-game master and a guy who creates a mess-show for a purpose of getting success and results and the objective guy who discusses and analyzes football, players, etc. are two different things that must be always distinguished.

People hate the Portuguese because of the first thing or some for playing ultra-defensive football as it's forbidden over the last 13-14 years to play like that, just like people and many players hate and dislike Van Gaal over the last 25 years for being extremely arrogant, dominant and very strict coach who exactly knows what he wants from his players, still doesn't mean he is bad or has no clue about football, being objective, etc.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League