You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:12 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo, at the age of 34, has just stepped up and scored a hat-trick when his team absolutely needed him. He really is an absolute monster of a player. We’re blessed as football fans to see this genius in action.
F him.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk


Most UCL goals
Most UCL home goals
Most UCL away goals
Most UCL group stage goals
Most UCL knock out goals
Most UCL final goals
Most UCL free-kicks
Most UCL penalties
Most UCL headers
Most UCL braces
Most UCL hat-tricks
Most UCL assists

And i'm not even a fan of him. But i'm not blind.
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 4997 times
Been thanked: 5234 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:21 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo, at the age of 34, has just stepped up and scored a hat-trick when his team absolutely needed him. He really is an absolute monster of a player. We’re blessed as football fans to see this genius in action.
F him.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk


Most UCL goals
Most UCL home goals
Most UCL away goals
Most UCL group stage goals
Most UCL knock out goals
Most UCL final goals
Most UCL free-kicks
Most UCL penalties
Most UCL headers
Most UCL braces
Most UCL hat-tricks
Most UCL assists

And i'm not even a fan of him. But i'm not blind.
I didn't say he's not good, I just said "F him" he's really dislikeable.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7691
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3443 times
Been thanked: 3030 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby America USA » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:18 am

I guess most users here are so sad after the elimination at the hands of Liverpool because their hopes were up especially in wake of the recent thrashings Bayern handed out in the BL.

I was mentally prepared for anything this season and am therefore not as upset as I was in 2016 (devasted) and 2018 (pissed)

This season was a free pass for me and anything beyond QF would have been a massive bonus. I had accepted the fact that Bayern weren’t good enough to win the UCL this year.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3474
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 607 times
Been thanked: 1044 times

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:06 am

IsiahRashad wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo, at the age of 34, has just stepped up and scored a hat-trick when his team absolutely needed him. He really is an absolute monster of a player. We’re blessed as football fans to see this genius in action.
F him.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk


Most UCL goals
Most UCL home goals
Most UCL away goals
Most UCL group stage goals
Most UCL knock out goals
Most UCL final goals
Most UCL free-kicks
Most UCL penalties
Most UCL headers
Most UCL braces
Most UCL hat-tricks
Most UCL assists

And i'm not even a fan of him. But i'm not blind.

And to think we could have afforded to get him last summer.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45499
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8336 times
Been thanked: 13161 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby America USA » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:36 am

The brackets I’d like to see for the UCL KO stages:

Manchester United vs Ajax
———— VERSUS ————
Tottenham vs Porto

Juventus vs Liverpool
———— VERSUS ————
Barcelona vs Manchester City
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3474
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 607 times
Been thanked: 1044 times

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:02 am

America USA wrote:I guess most users here are so sad after the elimination at the hands of Liverpool because their hopes were up especially in wake of the recent thrashings Bayern handed out in the BL.

I was mentally prepared for anything this season and am therefore not as upset as I was in 2016 (devasted) and 2018 (pissed)

This season was a free pass for me and anything beyond QF would have been a massive bonus. I had accepted the fact that Bayern weren’t good enough to win the UCL this year.
Me too...
I just wished that we would at least reach the Q.F

Also meeting Pool at this stage did not help
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 46477
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 31173 times
Been thanked: 6707 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby r10 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:08 am

ramsej84 wrote:Also meeting Pool at this stage did not help
Are you sure Juve or ManCity would help? Or Atletico in Madrit?
Other way we met Klopp vs. Kovac so was very predictable.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:57 pm
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 137 times
Been thanked: 72 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MoFattal » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:26 am

So, BL record against EPL teams in the R16 ended with 5 Losses and 1 Draw with an aggregate score of 17-3. Of those 3 goals scored, 2 were penalties and 1 was an own goal :D We have a LOOOOT of catching up to do.

The current state of German football is painful. The NT is a mess and the BL is even a bigger mess. A formula that worked 10 years ago doesn't mean that it will work for eternity, rather it needs to be updated frequently and that is the reason of the current failure. We are living in the past. The BL, and Bayern specifically, are still boasting about the 2012 final as if it was yesterday. No proper outlook for the future has been set. It's clear now that football has reached a point of no return, either pay or die. The formula of "smart" spending is no longer valid when you are aiming to be an elite team. At its current state, I don't see any high profile player willing to transfer to the BL as it would probably mean a step down if that player belongs in one of the other top 4 leagues. If German football needs to rise up from the ashes, the first logical step would be scrapping that out-dated, hypocritical 50+1 rule. And yes, it is hypocritical, because it's not okay to give shares for foreign entities but it is completely okay to have sponsorship agreements with them :|
User avatar
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11783
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
National Flag:
Lebanon
Has thanked: 5054 times
Been thanked: 2707 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:03 pm

MoFattal wrote:So, BL record against EPL teams in the R16 ended with 5 Losses and 1 Draw with an aggregate score of 17-3. Of those 3 goals scored, 2 were penalties and 1 was an own goal :D We have a LOOOOT of catching up to do.

The current state of German football is painful. The NT is a mess and the BL is even a bigger mess. A formula that worked 10 years ago doesn't mean that it will work for eternity, rather it needs to be updated frequently and that is the reason of the current failure. We are living in the past. The BL, and Bayern specifically, are still boasting about the 2012 final as if it was yesterday. No proper outlook for the future has been set. It's clear now that football has reached a point of no return, either pay or die. The formula of "smart" spending is no longer valid when you are aiming to be an elite team. At its current state, I don't see any high profile player willing to transfer to the BL as it would probably mean a step down if that player belongs in one of the other top 4 leagues. If German football needs to rise up from the ashes, the first logical step would be scrapping that out-dated, hypocritical 50+1 rule. And yes, it is hypocritical, because it's not okay to give shares for foreign entities but it is completely okay to have sponsorship agreements with them :|

Worth noting that the own goal was by a (biologically) half-German player, born and raised in Germany, and who learned his football in Germany.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45499
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8336 times
Been thanked: 13161 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:07 pm

r10 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Also meeting Pool at this stage did not help
Are you sure Juve or ManCity would help? Or Atletico in Madrit?
Other way we met Klopp vs. Kovac so was very predictable.


We cannot expect to play crap like Besiktas, Sevilla, Porto and Basel every K.O. match... But the one time we don’t we whine - great mentality!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22706
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1145 times
Been thanked: 5254 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby RVABayern » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Ronaldo wouldn’t have mattered in our games. Kovac would have told him to stay back on defense.
RVABayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 1:42 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 109 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:54 pm

RVABayern wrote:Ronaldo wouldn’t have mattered in our games. Kovac would have told him to stay back on defense.


Ronaldo didn't track back even with Jose. There is 0,03 % chance that he would follow the directions of Kovac.
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 4997 times
Been thanked: 5234 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby r10 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:12 am

MoFattal wrote:BL record against EPL teams in the R16
Please count number of German vs. English players in the teams' squads or teams' coaches nationalities, otherwise you count monies only.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:57 pm
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 137 times
Been thanked: 72 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Bayernbazi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:57 am

User avatar
Bayernbazi
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1488
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:56 pm
Has thanked: 557 times
Been thanked: 901 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Fénix » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:01 am

Beautiful! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Not the first time, though.
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10665
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 4585 times
Been thanked: 4320 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests