You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:25 pm

04Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:If they didn't score those chances, other chances are bound to present themselves. Even if there were luck involved, nothing reasonably beyond the usual fluctuations in the chaotic randomness of football, which could've also turned in favour of Atletico had they tried. Penalty was a normal one which you'd have turned a blind eye on if it weren't Juventus. They more than deserve to win, or more accurately Atletico don't deserve anything more than a loss.

They were clearly better today just like Atletico were better in the first leg, no one is disputing that. Doesn't mean they weren't also lucky.

It is not necessarily true that they would have scored other chances, especially if the second goal wasn't scored. Time would have started running out and that would have affected motivation.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:27 pm

Not harsh enough. Club should've been fined, suspended from European competitions for ruining the spirit of the sport, and should be given a transfer ban for ruining the mentalities of the players they signed :roll:
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Fénix » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:31 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo, at the age of 34, has just stepped up and scored a hat-trick when his team absolutely needed him. He really is an absolute monster of a player. We’re blessed as football fans to see this genius in action.

He is "Mister Champions League" as one guy said, the best player in the history of the competition. Cristiano makes the CL K.O. stage ridiculously easy when he plays out there for his teams.

Atletico didn't exist tonight. Juventus ate them totally. Terrible performance and it was completely opposite scenario to the one from 2 weeks ago.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:55 pm

Hate him or love him I'm all about Ronaldo tonight.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:57 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Also that cancelled goal for Atletico in the first leg.
Plus the two bars hit
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:58 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Not harsh enough. Club should've been fined, suspended from European competitions for ruining the spirit of the sport, and should be given a transfer ban for ruining the mentalities of the players they signed :roll:
Eh
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Manchu » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:36 am

Lahmies wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
Lahmies wrote:shalke losing 7-0 tho... what an embarrassment.
What did you expect?

i expected them to be outplayed and embarrassed but not by seven goals :lol:

This Schalke team lost 4-0 at home against Fortuna Duesseldorf. They were always going to be embarrassed against City.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:57 am

I don’t think that was a penalty but in today’s world penalties are given out like Candies so nothing surprising.
Also LOL at the users here who are so lenient penalty givers, if some of the guys here were referees we’d regularly see 5-3 or 6-5 score lines.

Anyway fück Atletico. Don’t give a damn about Spanish clubs getting shafted. They’ve been getting calls in the favor for too many years now. Also hate that pathetic dancer Griezmann!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:43 am

As for Messi vs Ronaldo, I think Messi will always remain the "magical" one, capable of scoring amazing solo goals, providing beautiful assists and being brilliant in a special kind of way. But I must admit Ronaldo has proven to be the guy you should want in your team more than Messi if you want to win big games. Better goalscorer, better penalty taker, a bit more reliable.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:38 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo, at the age of 34, has just stepped up and scored a hat-trick when his team absolutely needed him. He really is an absolute monster of a player. We’re blessed as football fans to see this genius in action.
F him.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby Achilles » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:03 pm

Always happy to see Atletico-like teams getting kicked out of the competition, they are a disgrace for the game itself selling us the cojones, brutal, badass attitude because they park the bus even if they play against Elche... CR7 served them well as he always does with those charlatans.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:06 pm

Achilles wrote:Always happy to see Atletico-like teams getting kicked out of the competition, they are a disgrace for the game itself selling us the cojones, brutal, badass attitude because they park the bus even if they play against Elche... CR7 served them well as he always does with those charlatans.
I can't understand such hate for A.M ...
This is not di matteo's Chelsea that we are talking about...
A star studded team which parked the bus at will... but a modest team made up of hard working individuals who have to live in the big shadows of two powerful giants 24/7
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:51 pm

Crymar ! Image
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:53 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Achilles wrote:Always happy to see Atletico-like teams getting kicked out of the competition, they are a disgrace for the game itself selling us the cojones, brutal, badass attitude because they park the bus even if they play against Elche... CR7 served them well as he always does with those charlatans.
I can't understand such hate for A.M ...
This is not di matteo's Chelsea that we are talking about...
A star studded team which parked the bus at will... but a modest team made up of hard working individuals who have to live in the big shadows of two powerful giants 24/7

They play negative football. Don't want to see that rewarded.
And Atletico are still easily within the top 15 most valuable clubs on earth, with a squad worth a billion euros.
Oblak, Hernandez, Gimenez, Savic, Godin, Rodrigo, Thomas, Saul, Koke, Lemar, Griezmann, Costa, etc...I'd say that's a far cry from a "modest team," and IMO just as "star studded" if not more so than Di Matteo's Chelsea.....
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League