You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:58 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Ours is just meddling and has no clue...

Team A: Topped a CL group this season also featuring team B
Team B: Finished 2nd in the CL group also featuring team A. Yesterday, they thrashed team C.
Team C: Topped a different CL group but was eliminated yesterday, their first CL elimination since 13th May 2015.

No prizes for guessing who teams A, B and C are. The question, however, is... when you say "ours is just meddling and has no clue", are you by any chance referring to the coach of team A and praising the coach of team B whilst trying to argue the great importance of a coach to the results of a team?

I think there is some truth on both sides of the aisle - #12 might be exaggerating things a bit (sorry, friend :wink: ) but at the same time I think it's also not unfair to say that the Ajax we played in the group stages just wasn't playing as well as the one we've seen in the past two matches vs Madrid. They look to be playing a lot better to my eye.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:05 pm

aterford wrote:
MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Ours is just meddling and has no clue...

Team B: Finished 2nd in the CL group also featuring team A. Yesterday, they thrashed team C.
Team C: Topped a different CL group but was eliminated yesterday, their first CL elimination since 13th May 2015.

No prizes for guessing who teams A, B and C are. The question, however, is... when you say "ours is just meddling and has no clue", are you by any chance referring to the coach of team A and praising the coach of team B whilst trying to argue the great importance of a coach to the results of a team?

I think there is some truth on both sides of the aisle - #12 might be exaggerating things a bit (sorry, friend :wink: ) but at the same time I think it's also not unfair to say that the Ajax we played in the group stages just wasn't playing as well as the one we've seen in the past two matches vs Madrid. They look to be playing a lot better to my eye.

Yes, sure, you're right it could be that way.

However: we've also seen Liverpool playing better than the match at Anfield against us where they were limited to just 2 shots on goal. Sometimes a team playing badly isn't entirely down to that team's form, players and coach, but could also be the result of the opposing team neutralizing them.

#12 is not exaggerating things a bit... he's exaggerated so much he is making a logical contradiction in his arguments.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:52 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:No idea why you guys are happy - RM will start rebuilding now the same year as us... We get Pavard, they get deLigt... We get Werner, they get actual reinforcements... See where this is going?

Except some of us believe we will go through vs Liverpool and with Liverpool, Real, and Juve out, anything becomes possible. Especially when, whichever way you look at it, we have been getting great results for a long time now.
It would be super ironical if we win the CL in our worst season in ages :$

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tuscanybayern » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:37 pm

I said it some time ago and I repeat it:

GO NIKO WIN US THE TREBLE

I think that there is a 50% probability that we win the Bundesliga, 60% that we win the DFB Cup and according to the bookmakers a 10% probability that we win the Champions League.

For the sake of calculation we consider these three events to be mutually independent (although I think that the chances to win the Bundesliga increase if you are out of the UCL and the chances to win the DFB Cup increase if you have already won both the BL and the UCL etc etc).

Then the probability of a Bayern Treble is 3%.

It's unlikely, but not impossible. It will be impossible if we do not win against Liverpool next week. Until then, I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Because winning the treble this year would be super-fun. And I would shave my hair completely if it happens :D
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:42 pm

MUTU wrote:
aterford wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="#12"]Ours is just meddling and has no clue...

Yes, sure, you're right it could be that way.

However: we've also seen Liverpool playing better than the match at Anfield against us where they were limited to just 2 shots on goal. Sometimes a team playing badly isn't entirely down to that team's form, players and coach, but could also be the result of the opposing team neutralizing them.

#12 is not exaggerating things a bit... he's exaggerated so much he is making a logical contradiction in his arguments.[/quote]

To you... You also think a 0-0 while still being the worse ream is a great achievement...

Look at the money Ajax spends on players... Topping a group with them is mandatory!!!

Yes they eliminated RM - so? Rm are a saturated team, you act like all the shot we see in Bundesliga happens for the very same reason - so stop accusing others of your own actions...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:25 pm

Did Bernat ever score a goal for us in a competitive match?

He's scored a few already this season
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:28 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Did Bernat ever score a goal for us in a competitive match?

He's scored a few already this season

Yeah, one stuck in my mind - he was the goalscorer when we were embarrassed 4-1 by De Bruyne FC.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:45 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:It would be super ironical if we win the CL in our worst season in ages :$

Well, Chelsea did it
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:20 pm

If Porto eliminate Roma tonight (as things stand, it's going to extra time), 3 out of 4 of the last semifinalists will be eliminated in this round.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:24 pm

#12 wrote:To you... You also think a 0-0 while still being the worse ream is a great achievement...

Look at the money Ajax spends on players... Topping a group with them is mandatory!!!

Yes they eliminated RM - so? Rm are a saturated team, you act like all the shot we see in Bundesliga happens for the very same reason - so stop accusing others of your own actions...

So let me try to understand you.

Bayern top Ajax => Bayern spends more money than Ajax, so it is mandatory for us to top them
Ajax eliminate Real Madrid => great coach!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:33 pm

I noticed that the linesmen are delaying putting the flag up for offside in both yesterday's and today's matches. Are the offside decisions being taken by the VAR referee?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:37 pm

MaCk0y wrote:I noticed that the linesmen are delaying putting the flag up for offside in both yesterday's and today's matches. Are the offside decisions being taken by the VAR referee?

No but here's the thing... if you're a linesman and you think an attacker is offside and pull your flag up, the referee will generally blow his whistle to stop play. Yet if it turns out to be a mistake, you basically costed the attacking team a good scoring opportunity. Instead, if you're not 100% sure, you leave the flag down and if the attacker scores you're safe in the knowledge that if it was indeed offside, VAR would cancel the goal.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:41 pm

MUTU wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:I noticed that the linesmen are delaying putting the flag up for offside in both yesterday's and today's matches. Are the offside decisions being taken by the VAR referee?

No but here's the thing... if you're a linesman and you think an attacker is offside and pull your flag up, the referee will generally blow his whistle to stop play. Yet if it turns out to be a mistake, you basically costed the attacking team a good scoring opportunity. Instead, if you're not 100% sure, you leave the flag down and if the attacker scores you're safe in the knowledge that if it was indeed offside, VAR would cancel the goal.

But the linesmen are still putting the flag up seconds later even for obvious offsides and it is happening frequently. I think they are relying very much on VAR. It is a good thing.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:46 pm

MaCk0y wrote:
MUTU wrote:

But the linesmen are still putting the flag up seconds later even for obvious offsides and it is happening frequently. I think they are relying very much on VAR. It is a good thing.

Yes I think you're both mostly right. My understanding is that if there's any doubt whatsoever to allow play to continue. So the thought process probably is "I think that's offside here, but I'll wait and see how it plays out"....if no goal is scored or the attack is snuffed out or whatever you can then call it back as offside. If the goal is scored then you allow VAR to handle it.

Basically to me it seems pretty much like playing advantage on a foul, but on offside.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:50 pm

They may suck but they will never cease to be lucky...
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League