You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby America USA » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:53 pm

aterford wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:How is that a soft second yellow on Verratti?? 100% deserved IMO and was lucky not to have seen it earlier

Both were soft. First yellow was weak, Casemiro with a dive to put Robben and Ronaldo to shame. Verratti was clearly 100% fouled and no call. Madrid players scream in referee's face with EVERY. SINGLE. CONTACT. and....nothing.

I think the referees did an ok job today. Yes the first yellow was soft but Verratti shouldn’t have ran screaming in that German’s face despite being on a yellow card. It was silly on the Italian’s part.

Anyway PSG are the most overrated club. Big fish in a small pond in Ligue One but getting exposed against the big boys in Europe. Hope Trapp and Draxler gtfo there in the summer (Draxler kinda deserves to rot there for being a prick to go there in the first place but I still hope he can escape from France)
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby America USA » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:57 pm

ramsej84 wrote:There is European football and in the end Real will win it again...

Maybe they will but if Real Madrid do win the UCL for a third consecutive time they’ll have to earn it this time. Barcelona, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs/Juve, Man United and Bayern, no teams are gonna be easy for them. Unless of course they once again get blessed in the draw and get Shaktar/Roma.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:00 pm

aterford wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:How is that a soft second yellow on Verratti?? 100% deserved IMO and was lucky not to have seen it earlier

Both were soft. First yellow was weak, Casemiro with a dive to put Robben and Ronaldo to shame. Verratti was clearly 100% fouled and no call. Madrid players scream in referee's face with EVERY. SINGLE. CONTACT. and....nothing.

Yes, but Verratti deserved yellow in many other challenges in the first half

And what he did to the referee is a clear yellow as well. Game was on and he went like a headless chicken to yell at the ref on his face.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:01 pm

America USA wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:There is European football and in the end Real will win it again...

Maybe they will but if Real Madrid do win the UCL for a third consecutive time they’ll have to earn it this time. Barcelona, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs/Juve, Man United and Bayern, no teams are gonna be easy for them. Unless of course they once again get blessed in the draw and get Shaktar/Roma.

Well, I don't think they got blessed in this round :)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby aterford » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:05 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
aterford wrote:

And what he did to the referee is a clear yellow as well. Game was on and he went like a headless chicken to yell at the ref on his face.

Nah, has to go both ways. If Verratti deserved yellow in many other challenges in the first half, so too did Kovacic, Casemiro, etc. If it's a clear yellow for Verratti to yell at the referee, then you've got to call that the same for Ronaldo, Ramos, Casemiro, etc.... has to go the same both ways. If it's not a foul on one side, it's not a foul on the other.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:06 pm

YlonenXabi wrote: Well, I don't think they got blessed in this round :)

Honestly though it is time that Bayern gets a bit of luck. Real and United have had too many lucky draws over the years and capitalised on that.

If somehow Real does indeed win the CL again then I am gonna sit back and applaud them. It will a failure on the part of every other “big” European club to allow them to win. Real are not playing great and their manager’s tactics are predictable. Bayern, Barca, Man City, Liverpool, United and Juventus or Tottenham should all be hanging their heads in shame if they let Real win a third successive European Cup.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Machiavellico » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:09 pm

It's beyond me how this man has managed to remain at PSG after conceding 6 goals in a match in which all he did was defending and then went on to lose the title to a team full of kids.
The hell, man? I almost feel sorry for them, but it's their mistake. Always has been. Whoever strategized that squad should also be held accountable. It's so unbalanced. It feels like a team full of individualists, with no brain in the midfield. The only down to earth guy and professional player in that team is, for me, Thiago Silva. The other players give the impression that they're on the catwalk.
Might be wrong, but I think that this team will do squat in the next years in Europe. Unless they bring in a manager who actually knows how to do shit with the money he has at his disposal and, at the moment, I humbly think there's only two in Europe: one retiring at the end of the season and the other one living la vida loca in England.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby #12 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:30 pm

America USA wrote:
aterford wrote:

I think the referees did an ok job today. Yes the first yellow was soft but Verratti shouldn’t have ran screaming in that German’s face despite being on a yellow card. It was silly on the Italian’s part.

Anyway PSG are the most overrated club. Big fish in a small pond in Ligue One but getting exposed against the big boys in Europe. Hope Trapp and Draxler gtfo there in the summer (Draxler kinda deserves to rot there for being a prick to go there in the first place but I still hope he can escape from France)

You basically described Bayern there...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:32 pm

^ Where? The big fish in a small pond part?
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Ollio » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:34 pm

aterford wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:
aterford wrote:[quote="YlonenXabi"]How is that a soft second yellow on Verratti?? 100% deserved IMO and was lucky not to have seen it earlier

Nah, has to go both ways. If Verratti deserved yellow in many other challenges in the first half, so too did Kovacic, Casemiro, etc. If it's a clear yellow for Verratti to yell at the referee, then you've got to call that the same for Ronaldo, Ramos, Casemiro, etc.... has to go the same both ways. If it's not a foul on one side, it's not a foul on the other.[/quote]

First of all, we don't know what he said. And it's not even about that, he ran towards the ref aggressively while play went on. That's a threatening gesture towards the official and worth a yellow in every rulebook. I do agree that there were some questionable calls (or rather not calling them), but a stupid stupid move from Verratti and totally worth a card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ollio
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby #12 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:36 pm

America USA wrote:^ Where? The big fish in a small pond part?

Yes - and the getting exposed...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:01 am

#12 wrote:
America USA wrote:^ Where? The big fish in a small pond part?

Yes - and the getting exposed...

You really are a pessimist, aren’t you?

I think if Bayern can somehow have all our key players fit by the semifinals (yes including Coman) and get a kind draw in the next round , we could make some noise.

And what solution do you offer to those problems? (Being a big fish in Germany and getting exposed by Real Madrid in the CL)
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:37 am

Ollio wrote:First of all, we don't know what he said. And it's not even about that, he ran towards the ref aggressively while play went on. That's a threatening gesture towards the official and worth a yellow in every rulebook. I do agree that there were some questionable calls (or rather not calling them), but a stupid stupid move from Verratti and totally worth a card.

Again, as long as it's called the same both ways.
In normal circumstances? Sure. But the referee had already shown a dozen times he had no problem with Madrid players berating him and getting in his face (yes, while play went on).
Which of "Every rulebook" are you referencing here? You won't find "ran aggressively towards the ref" or "threatening gesture towards the official" in any of Fifa's laws. Rather, it's a nonspecific "a player who is guilty of dissent by protesting (verbally or nonverbally) against a referee's decision must be cautioned." Surely you're not going to argue that Verratti was the only player on the day guilty of dissent. As such, if we wish to see an equitable application of the rules as written: it either must be called for a half-dozen Madrid players or not for Verratti.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:55 am

Real Madrid
Liverpool
Bayern Munich
Manchester City
Barcelona
Tottenham
Manchester United
Shakhtar Donetsk

:coffee:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby America USA » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:36 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Real Madrid
Liverpool
Bayern Munich
Manchester City
Barcelona
Tottenham
Manchester United
Shakhtar Donetsk

:coffee:

Bayern Munich vs Shakhtar Donetsk
Barcelona vs Real Madrid
Manchester United vs Manchester City
Tottenham vs Liverpool

[-o<

P.S. I still wouldn’t count Juventus out.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League