You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:05 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I just can't believe how lucky Real Madrid are with offside decisions in CL.

Stop believing then and accept the fact that it's not luck.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:12 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:
MUTU wrote:The Juventus penalty should have been retaken... Pjanic almost kicked the penalty himself lol.... And another penalty awarded now.

Why is nobody talking about this?

I was wrong it was Bernardeschi not Pjanic.

From the video below:
0:24 Bernardeschi enters the box (and remains inside)
0:26 Higuain kicks the ball

I know it's pretty common for players to enter the box while a penalty is being taken but two whole seconds before is a major cry for a penalty retake to me.

Not sure on the exact rule for retaking but I think you may b exaggerating a little as he stopped. It's true that he was probably a distraction though.

No player may enter the box during the penalty kick except the taker and the opposing goalkeeper. Since Higuain scored and Bernardeschi entered the box, the rule states that the penalty should be retaken. [source]

Not only did Bernardeschi enter the box... his whole body was inside the box for 2 whole seconds before the kick was taken. We're not talking about milliseconds and it was so blatantly obvious.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:40 pm

MUTU wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:I just can't believe how lucky Real Madrid are with offside decisions in CL.

^ This. As Aterford said earlier, I too did not believe these conspiracy theories. However, over the years I have seen Barca/Real favoured too many times to think it is sheer luck or just incompetent referees. Chelsea 2009, that Van Persie red card when Arsenal could’ve eliminated Barca and we all know Real’s luck with the officiating. This shit is happening way too regularly every damn season to be a mere coincidence anymore.

I really hope this Spanish favouritism ends soon!
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:02 pm

America USA wrote:
MUTU wrote:

^ This. As Aterford said earlier, I too did not believe these conspiracy theories. However, over the years I have seen Barca/Real favoured too many times to think it is sheer luck or just incompetent referees. Chelsea 2009, that Van Persie red card when Arsenal could’ve eliminated Barca and we all know Real’s luck with the officiating. This shit is happening way too regularly every damn season to be a mere coincidence anymore.

I really hope this Spanish favouritism ends soon!

The delaying tactics of implementing VAR in UEFA competitions continues to add fuel to the fire. In the meantime, at the end of the season, the biggest football tournament watched the world over will be using VAR. It's THAT ready, but UEFA insist it's not.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:55 pm

I think UEFA is waiting for VAR to be implemented in all competitions of the Big five leagues first so that the players and referees can get used to the system before bringing it in the CL & EL. It is the excuses that are made that make me mad, excuses like “these things level out over the course of the season”, “these things happen”, “can't help it, bad decisions are a part of the game” and the one that I HATE the most “despite the bad decisions, the deserved team won.”

While the “bad decisions are part of the game” is usually spouted by the most idiotic pundits who only want to discuss the controversy after the game and as egregious as that excuse is, thankfully those views are that of a small minority.

The “despite the bad decisions, the deserved team won” reason is the one that I really really despise. No, no team “deserves” to win. A win has to be earned. Yes a team can play well and create a 100 chances but if they don’t take them and don’t score a goal, that team, IMHO, does NOT “deserve” anything. However, if the opponent of that team had one chance and takes it then that opponent has “earned” his victory, notwithstanding how ugly or fluky that win is.

A team can play brilliantly but if they have to rely on incorrect officiating decisions in key moments to win the game, then that “win” is still tainted. #12 is right when he says that Bayern were not good enough in their QF against Real last season and maybe “deservedly” lost but the facts are that despite RM being apparently superior* they still had to rely on almost all officiating decisions going their way, some of which were blatantly incorrect.

* I saw both legs and I can say with confidence that in the first half of the first leg and the second half of second leg Bayern were outplaying Real Madrid. Martinez’s soft sending off, Vidal getting sent off for nothing and Casemiro getting away with murder played a decisive part in the ultimate outcome. If all that wasn’t enough, Ronaldo’s offside goals did the rest.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:11 pm

America USA wrote:The “despite the bad decisions, the deserved team won” reason is the one that I really really despise. No, no team “deserves” to win. A win has to be earned. Yes a team can play well and create a 100 chances but if they don’t take them and don’t score a goal, that team, IMHO, does NOT “deserve” anything. However, if the opponent of that team had one chance and takes it then that opponent has “earned” his victory, notwithstanding how ugly or fluky that win is.

Agreed with all you said except this part. I'm sorry, but that's not what the word deserved means to me. Deserved, to me, is the team that, should they show you highlights of the match with the video cutting off just in time so you couldn't see whether it was a goal or not, you'd feel that one team did that little bit more than the other and should have earned the victory.

Case in point, in the 2012 Champions League final Bayern completely deserved to lift the trophy, but they didn't.

The way you're using the word gives it no meaning: "Chelsea deserved to win the 2012 CL final" for you is exactly the same as "Chelsea won the 2012 CL final".
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:13 pm

As much as I despise Chelsea and that 2012 final, but the fact is that Chelsea earned their win. I don’t think Chelsea were the deserved winners but they earned their title. Yes, Bayern were better team and had we won, we'd have been deserved winners. However, the facts are that Bayern missed a penalty that could have decided the game and secured the win, not taking into account the chances missed by Robben and Gomez. In the penalty shootout Bastian’s penalty was pathetic and we lost, at least Olic’s save was a good one from Cech.

For instance in the North London derby last Saturday. Spurs won by 1-0 and IMO were the deserved winners because they outplayed Arsenal, however had Lacazette scored from his chance in added time and the game ended 1-1, IMO Arsenal would’ve earned their one point, undeserved but earned.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Lukas » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:16 pm

Can we please place a ban on mentioning that **** match? :twisted: It is my worst football memory. Worse than three relegations with HCAFC.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby #12 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:13 pm

So riddle me this: how come we were lucky in 2013? (Remember, 3 goals in Munich were debatable... Dortmund scored I think their FOURTH - practically killing the tie - from a penalty that would’ve been easy to oversee...), and how come we even got that penalty and the second goal last year - bith of which could’ve been disallowed SOOOO essily?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:09 am

Apparently Chelsea outplayed Barcelona but an amateur defensive mistake by Christiansen gifted Barça the equalizer.

1-1
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:01 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Apparently Chelsea outplayed Barcelona but an amateur defensive mistake by Christiansen gifted Barça the equalizer.

1-1
Didn't see the hl yet but apparently Willian scored a good one.
From the stats I saw Barca played the sterile way they play against aggressive teams and this was their downfall.
Still I believe that in Catalonia Barca will win the game... my bet 2-1

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:22 am

Current bookmaker odds ranges from multiple bookmakers (lower is better):

1. Man City (3.75 to 4.5)
  2. Barcelona (5 to 6)
  3. Bayern Munich (5.5 to 6.5)
  4. Real Madrid (6 to 7)
  5. Liverpool (9 to 12)
  6. PSG (9 to 12)
  7. Tottenham (15 to 17)
  8. Man Utd (17 to 24)
  9. Juventus (23 to 34)
  10. Chelsea (34 to 51)
  11. Roma (51)
  12. Sevilla (101 to 151)
  13. Shakhtar (101 to 201)
  14. Basel (501 to 10001)
  15. Besiktas (251 to 10001)
  16. Porto (501 to 10001)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

[2018-03-16] Bayern Munich vs ??? — CL draw

Postby MatchBot » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:20 am

2017-18 Champions League quarterfinals draw
2017-18 Champions League quarterfinals draw
Competition: UEFA Champions League
Venue: UEFA Headquarters, Nyon

After winning the first leg 5-0, FC Bayern are well-poised to play in the quarter-finals, so it's time to get cocky and start discussing the potential opponents.
MatchBot
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Roonzil » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:09 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Apparently Chelsea outplayed Barcelona but an amateur defensive mistake by Christiansen gifted Barça the equalizer.

1-1

Dutch TV aired the Chelsea game so I watched that on the side. Chelsea should've won 3-0, if it hadn't been for a brain fart from Chelsea's defense, and the post on two glorious shots from Willian...Chelsea had the better scoring chances, and were the better team. Messi was kept quiet for a long stretch and was literally gifted the equalizer...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:50 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League