You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Sun May 27, 2018 9:03 am

America USA wrote:
Ed. wrote:You cannot win the CL 3 times in a row and be 'lucky'.

If Real faced teams without their full sqauds, that is not their fault. In fact, they do not have as deep a squad themselves (as Bayern do), to cover all positions but somehow have been able to keep their firsst XI healthy and always available for the big game for 3 years, so rather than bemoaning our injured players, a sensible thought to have once in a a while is why the f$ck do they end up playing more games than us every season and have fewer injuries??

They are scumbags, yes, but it's extremely boorish to belittle this achievement of 3 in a row, something that this club will never achieve in the near future.

Respect has to be earned and In my eyes all three of their triumphs were tainted by some sort of bullshit.

In 2014 they won fair and square. Beat us and Atletico clean. Before that beat Juventus in the group stage and won against Schalke and Dortmund. I respect Real’s Decima win but the last three years they have had tremendous luck go their way.

The last three years Real Madrid’s reigns have been like how Triple H’s World title reigns were back during the early 2000s. All good wins but never a clean victory.

I hate to see the word luck written. Yes, there was some luck involved, but much of the 'luck' is a direct consequence of the blatantly obvious corruption. Do you think Ulreich and Rafinha would have f**ked up so badly had the officiating in either leg been fair? In my opinion, they succumbed to the extra pressure brought upon from knowing they had to deal with a biased referee. Had Bayern been cruising from the plenty of goals from penalties, the players would have been more relaxed and would likely not have done the mistakes.

No, this word luck is too nice to this team. The 2017/18 CL is the most corrupt tournament since the 1934 World Cup.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Sun May 27, 2018 9:07 am

Well I did compare RM’s wins with Triple H’s title reigns from the 1999-2003 Era in the WWE. :twisted:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sun May 27, 2018 9:10 am

Lukas wrote:
MUTU wrote:Shame on whoever supported Real Madrid.

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Don't care. I have my reasons more for wanting Liverpool to lose than for Madrid to win.

That Bastard Ramos is laughing with the linesman while Salah is leaving the field in tears. And still you feel no empathy for Liverpool (Salah)?

Wow!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun May 27, 2018 9:11 am

Lukas wrote:

Don't care. I have my reasons more for wanting Liverpool to lose than for Madrid to win.

Well, I understand you don't like Liverpool and/or their fans, but you've got to have a limit, everyone does. Can't fathom how much you must hate them if 2017/18 Real Madrid do not exceed this limit.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sun May 27, 2018 9:21 am

America USA wrote:
Lukas wrote:

That Bastard Ramos is laughing with the linesman while Salah is leaving the field in tears. And still you feel no empathy for Liverpool (Salah)?

Wow!

Salah yes. Liverpool? Nope. I have other things to say but I'll get into trouble.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lukas » Sun May 27, 2018 9:25 am

MUTU wrote:
Lukas wrote:

Well, I understand you don't like Liverpool and/or their fans, but you've got to have a limit, everyone does. Can't fathom how much you must hate them if 2017/18 Real Madrid do not exceed this limit.

Tbh I don't hate them (Madrid). 90% of the year they are an insignificance to me apart from our yearly meetings with them . But the big PL clubs are there all the time. You can't escape them or their fans in the UK and the hatred just builds up.

They all belittle fans of small clubs but Liverpool fans are the worst for going on and on and on about any success they have, the last few weeks have been unbearable, and I'm glad it's over at last
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ed. » Sun May 27, 2018 9:31 am

MUTU wrote:
Ed. wrote:You can talk about referees, missed penalties & players etc, but they have done what has been needed.

This is why you and I will never agree on this issue. You're happy with just having your name in the history books. That doesn't cut it for me. I'd rather be remembered as the loser in the face of injustice than the cheater. Yes, I'm pissed that Real Madrid won it and we didn't, but I really wouldn't like it if the roles were reversed, and this is not sour grapes. I have consistently been a huge advocacy of fairness in football. When I see Bayern players dive it irritates me to no end.

Well, how did you get that interpretation? I'm not an advocate of winning at any cost and like you it pisses me off every time Robben dives and Vidal playacts.
However, you take instances and episodes from games and pack them into this outlandish conspiracy theory of RM influencing officials.

Have you ever considered that given most of football fans these days are superficial and are more likely to support RM and Barca, that it probably may also apply to officials and be the reason behind these refereeing issues? They are human after all. When a decision is to be made and subjective interpretation is needed , it's possible that the closet RM fan in them has an influence. I believe this is what is happening and don't see why Real are culpable for it.

It is UEFA that is dragging their feet in implementing a seamless use of video technology throughout the game.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:31 am

Not human.... bastard cunt... may he be destroyed again during the world cup

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun May 27, 2018 9:57 am

Ed. wrote:outlandish conspiracy theory of RM influencing officials

Oh come on. Refs this season stopped just short of scoring the winner for Real Madrid themselves with an overhead kick. It's not fanboy bias as you put it, it's blatant corruption. This was the worst officiated tournament since the 1934 World Cup.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:05 am

Fénix wrote:Karius career is with this match over. He should be placed on transfer list right after the final whistle.
He may come and try his luck here
http://gozofa.com/wp-content/uploads/20 ... .19.24.png

Last edited by ramsej84 on Sun May 27, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sun May 27, 2018 10:07 am

What about Bale? Surely if I feel a tiny bit of empathy for Salah you must feel a bit happy for him. He's a nice guy and great player. Struggled to fit in there on and off the pitch but always works hard and produces magic when given a chance.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun May 27, 2018 10:11 am

Ed. wrote:Yeah, you're deluded and everyone who has thanked you is too.
This is just a manifestation of 'sour grapes'

It's not sour grapes. I wish we would have won 3 CL's in a row rather than 3 BL and 1 Pokal.

My point is that they have not dominated football. They have dominated the Champions League as they are the best team in the world for KO Rounds and big games.

But where was that dominance in the rest of the competitions? Why would a super team like that end up 3rd in the league or humilliated by Leganes in the Cup?

Real Madrid fans were calling for Zidane's head until February. That means that as a supporter, your were disappointed with your team for more than 60% of the season.

I would say it again. Yes, I'd rather win CL than the Double. But that doesn't mean they are the best team ever. What Inter, Barcelona or Bayern achieved in the past is what I call dominating the football world. That means being the best team in every competition. No luck can be involved when you win all the competitions in the same year.

I wouldn't say Real were specially lucky in other CL's, but this year it's been ridiculous.

Ref decisions, cheap goals, other team's injuries... :shock:
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Bayernbazi » Sun May 27, 2018 10:46 am

No doubt that they've got the talent, but they also know that in CL they can get away with anything and this gives them that higher edge.
This happened 2 minutes before that blunder which led to the 1st goal. Ater that thing on Salah, this is just evil not talent.

https://twitter.com/68Bor/status/100048 ... 27648?s=19

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:49 am

Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:Buddy, come on that's sour grapes.

Would these Bundesliga teams even make it out of the UCL group stage? Domestic titles are cute. UCL titles are legendary.

No you're mistaken, I've always held this opinion that you have to also win something domestic to go along with a CL. The reasoning's been explained by YlonenXabi as well. It's a sign of dominance. A solitary CL with poor domestic performance would feel "undeserved" - different if it's consecutive CL's though.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:54 am

Bayernbazi wrote:No doubt that they've got the talent, but they also know that in CL they can get away with anything and this gives them that higher edge.
This happened 2 minutes before that blunder which led to the 1st goal. Ater that thing on Salah, this is just evil not talent.

https://twitter.com/68Bor/status/100048 ... 27648?s=19

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BastardImage

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League