You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2009-03-01] Werder Bremen VS Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Who will be the winner of Werder Bremen VS Bayern Munich?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:22 am

Werder Bremen
No votes
Bayern Munich
90%
A Draw
10%

Total votes : 10

[2009-03-01] Werder Bremen VS Bayern Munich

Postby shwas55 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:21 am

This is the time to get serious, no more stupid loses,or draws. We are very lucky to be only 4 points behind the leaders.

I think the C.L match was the break we needed from the Bundesliga, and the way we won that match should really get us back on track.

Bremen who are struggling themselves in the league, they are 11th at the moment with 7 wins to their name collected only 1 point from the last 4 matches, however knocking Milan Out of the Uefa Cup ( Milan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) should give them a huge boost to turn their season around.

Oddo (bruised ankle), and Lucio (Collision with lell left him with badly bruised eye) are yet to be confirmed to play.

Time for REVENGE
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2009-03-01] Werder Bremen VS Bayern Munich

Postby shwas55 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:05 am

Found this on the Bild

Tactic against Sporting
http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/bayern/2009/02/27/lissabon-taktik/aufstellung-5-0-taktik/5-0-taktik.html

Tactic used in the Bundesliga
http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/bayern/2009/02/27/lissabon-taktik/aufstellung-krise/info-krisen-taktik.html

I think that shows exactly what was wrong with our tactics in the Bundesliga, that huge gap between (Ze, VB) and the defense really left us exposed to one pass counter attacks. I also like the position, and role changes for Ribery and Schweini it makes the midfield more crowded for the opposition.
Lets hope Klinsi use the tactic we used against Sporting as the main tactic, and then we can change it to more attacking during the match if we have too.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:35 am

Here's the nice ESPN tool which show some features of the game like the average position of the players , the attack chart and the heat map:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast?id=260517&page=features&league=UEFA.CHAMPIONS&cc=3888

The significant things is that 49% of the Sporting attacks came from their right side - our left side , which shows how vulnerable we are on that flank , because of the little work Ribery does defensively.Even someone like Ronaldo at ManU has to do his job defensively , we can't afford to let Lahm always defend against 2 upcoming players on his own on the left.

As for the match on Sunday , I think anything can happen.I've been so wrong predicting Bayern games so far this season , I'm just gonna stop doing it.The style of play should be similar to the one in Portugal , calm down the play in the first 30 minutes and then try to use the weakness of the Werder defence with counter attacks in the first half.Fritz isn't the best RB out there , Ribery should be able to beat him a couple of times and create dangerous situations.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby reiniksrobis » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:28 pm

MUST WIN MATCH!!!!!! We should play just like we played in Lisbon. 4-5 players going up is enough, we don`t need 10 players to attack, so we can attack with Ribery, Toni, Klose, Ze, Basti/Altintop, but others can stay at back ;)

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:40 pm

Well, the players know what they have to do. It's about time we start winning again if we want to win the Bundesliga. Also, I think the win in Lisbon raised the players morale quite a lot.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Tomas » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Bayern 4-2 Bremen... thats all I have to say.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:48 pm

Yeah, defending is the way to go. Tomas, I think you said about Lisbon that 0-5 is what I get for voting against Bayern in that match...well if that's what I get should I vote against them for the rest of the season? :lol:

Bremen will be out to attack us, so we may not have to stick to our new-found defense-first mentality. There will be space to exploit. Although then I think back to that 2-5...maybe we should "park the bus!" It's tough to say what will work against Bremen, anything can happen especially given how both ours and their season has been going. We should probably start with the defensive, counterattack plan that worked so well in the first half in Lisbon and then see what happens from there....in fact we should approach every game like that, especially the ones against other ultra-defensive teams. (Draw them out, then hit 'em hard!) It may not be pretty to start with, but I feel like if we can have that solid platform to build on, then we'll end up scoring more just by not having to chase the game with nervousness. And that's how I hope we'll beat Bremen and get back up that table, fast!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:06 am

Oddo has been ruled out for that match, but Lucio was given the green light to play.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:20 pm

That probably means Lell back in the starting XI ... :( :roll:

His performances this season have been nowhere near what he showed last season.He has only won 48% of the duels he's gotten in against opposing players , which is the worst percentage of all the defenders in the BL so far.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby thulkazal » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:58 pm

No toni and lahm is under question

Quess we gotta have kinda luck again all our enemys for top playing draw or lose

Win would give us a lot but hard
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:31 pm

thulkazal wrote:No toni and lahm is under question

Luca will definitely be missing tomorrow cause he hasn't recovered completely from the injury he suffered against Hertha (seems like he played under pain against Sporting) , while Lahm is questionable due to a flu.Oddo on the other hand will probably be fit in time for the match against Werder.

Since none of the strikers on the bench is able to convince with good performances at the moment I'd like to see us playing a formation with only one striker up front:

--------van Bommel-----Ze----------
--Hamit-----Schweini------Ribery--
---------------Klose-------------------

..or:

------van Bommel------Ze----------
----Hamit--------------Schweini---
-------------------Ribery------------
--------------Klose------------------
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:52 am

MrLinky wrote:
thulkazal wrote:No toni and lahm is under question

Luca will definitely be missing tomorrow cause he hasn't recovered completely from the injury he suffered against Hertha (seems like he played under pain against Sporting) , while Lahm is questionable due to a flu.Oddo on the other hand will probably be fit in time for the match against Werder.

Since none of the strikers on the bench is able to convince with good performances at the moment I'd like to see us playing a formation with only one striker up front:

--------van Bommel-----Ze----------
--Hamit-----Schweini------Ribery--
---------------Klose-------------------

..or:

------van Bommel------Ze----------
----Hamit--------------Schweini---
-------------------Ribery------------
--------------Klose------------------

I hope we play 4-5-1 for at least the first half, then we put Poldi in the second and change to 4-4-2 if needed, however since our 4-5-1 experience wasnt that great (we played a half back in round 7 or somthing like that) i doubt that will happen, i think Poldi will start the match but he might play behind Klose.

Schweini is definitely out of form but i still prefer to play him back into form than putting him on the bench, I would play him for the first half and if he is poor i change in the second.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:24 am

I prefer 4-4-2, but with some changes- If Oddo is not fit- Lahm as RB and Ze as LB and Borowski as CM[in Ze's role], Poldi in attack and try Donovan as a sub! If Oddo is fit, I prefer Oddo as RB, Lahm as LB, Van Buyten in centre defence[I think Micho is not in great form now], Schweini as sub for Hamit[he should start], Poldi-Klose up-front!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:08 am

I think if we lose this match and HSV win theirs it will become harder for us to win the Bundesliga this season, as things stand we are 5 points behind Hertha, and if we lose and HSV win we will be 7 points behind the them.
I really hope the team play smart football .
Thanks to our stupid lose to Köln last week tonight's match looks like its gonna be the one that defines our 2008/09 Bundesliga season
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:17 pm

Updated injury list.

I'm hoping Lahm recovers in time. He is not exactly replaceable. If Toni's out then perhaps we could try Klose as a lone striker. We need to bolster up our midfield to hold the strong Bremen midfield and man-mark Diego out of the match.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Next

Return to Bundesliga