You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2009-03-01] Werder Bremen VS Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Who will be the winner of Werder Bremen VS Bayern Munich?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:22 am

Werder Bremen
No votes
Bayern Munich
90%
A Draw
10%

Total votes : 10

Re: [2009-03-01] Werder Bremen VS Bayern Munich

Postby shwas55 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:17 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:Yeah, but for now we have many games with outsiders, only last 3 season games will be super-hard, others till end of the season looks to be easy, but I don't think it will be easy!!!

The problem is teams in the Bundesliga have figured out how to beat or at least get a point out of us, and that was shown against Hertha, Köln, and in the second half against 10 men Bremen, Klinsi's 4-4-2 used in the Bundesliga is just not working anymore, we look poor going forward and we look shaky in defense.

I still believe that we are the superior team in the Bundesliga, but the tactics have to be tweaked and quickly before more damage is done.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:19 pm

Did we still look shaky in defense on Sunday? Bremen put us under some pressure but for the most part I don't think they really bothered us too much. That doesn't excuse our inability to score a goal, but that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes. As reiniksrobis said, the hard part of the ruckrunde is behind us now, we should be able to pick it up and start putting some serious points on the board. We've already seen that the teams ahead of us lack the consistency to dominate, not to mention that they still have to play eachother as well. There have been/will be opportunities to catch up to them, we just have to take them, and I'm confident we will. We're not going to make mistakes on offense like we did in Bremen every week, and hopefully our defensive troubles are behind us, which would make a huge difference. I think we'll be ok. We might not win the league, but we will challenge, and we SHOULD make CL again. If not....well I guess the league got better?
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:57 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:Yeah, but for now we have many games with outsiders,

That's I think the attitude the squad has a well , and that's why we're only 5th at the moment.The underestimation of the opponent has been a frequent problem for Bayern this season in the BL but not in the CL ... a surprise ?! :wink:

Koln was "only an outsider" as well when they came to the Allianz-Arena.We all know how the game against them ended.Those teams obviously look easier on paper , but nobody can guarantee you that we're still gonna win all of them just like that with 70 % of our potential.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tomas » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:08 pm

Our defense is good... I think Köln was one of those games where everyone had their heads up their @ss. Against Sporting and especially against Werder our defense was pretty solid. The only reason we didnt win was because of our offense... obviously. The 2 or 3 shots that would have went in was because of Werder's GKs great saves... the others that would have went in were shot directly at the GK and were saved like they should have been.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:16 pm

Tomas wrote:I think Köln was one of those games where everyone had their heads up their @ss.

Can you guarantee that something like that isn't gonna happen again ? :wink:
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby thulkazal » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:33 pm

I just hope we make place for next year CL spot I dont expect anymore to win BL
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Tomas » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:19 pm

MrLinky wrote:
Tomas wrote:I think Köln was one of those games where everyone had their heads up their @ss.

Can you guarantee that something like that isn't gonna happen again ? :wink:

Ummm.... sure. This I will guarantee!!!! :^o :^o :^o
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Werder Bremen's Naldo Gets Three Match Ban For Red Card

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:37 pm

Werder Bremen's centre back Naldo has been hit with a three-match ban from the DFB following his sending off in the match against Bayern Munich at the weekend.

Werder Bremen’s Brazilian defender Naldo was shown a straight red card by referee Manuel Graefe following a professional foul in the 15th minute of the weekend clash with Bayern Munich.

He took down Bastian Schweinsteiger just outside the penalty area with a cynical block after a slip from Per Mertesacker had let in the Bayern midfielder.

The DFB disciplinary committee has given him a three-match ban meaning he will miss Werder’s forthcoming matches with Hoffenheim, VfB Stuttgart and Borussia Dortmund.

He will however be eligible to play for Werder in the DFB Pokal tie with Wolfsburg this Wednesday.

It had been believed that he may have escaped with just a two-match ban, but the committee took into account his previous history and opted for the full three-game suspension.

"I had hoped to get only a two-game ban, but I still accept this three-game punishment, even if it does seem too long for me" Naldo said.

Fellow centre-back per Mertesacker meanwhile has apologised to Naldo for his part in the lead up to the foul.

"You can't really explain it. I have never slipped in this stadium" he told the club’s website.

"I wear the longest studs allowed and have excellent shoes. That wasn't the problem. The soapy ground must have had something to do with it and then it was an unfortunate movement.

"The card can be shown, but not a lot of referees would do so. I am so sorry for him. We had finally developed some harmony to our game. Hopefully he still likes me."
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Tomas » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:01 am

The refs were horrible for that match. AND to be fair, that was no red card offense and just barely a yellow. It was a professional foul plain and simple.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:57 am

lol...if he didnt made that foul on schweini it would be goal...and it is straight red card for that kind of offense
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kist160 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:02 am

kist160
Getting the hang of it

Postby Tomas » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:59 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:lol...if he didnt made that foul on schweini it would be goal...and it is straight red card for that kind of offense

There was another defender that came in so it wasnt a clear shot to the goal... so no it wouldnt have been a red card for that.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Previous

Return to Bundesliga