You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-08-18] Werder Bremen vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What will be the result of this big clash?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:34 am

Bayern will walk away with 3 points
90%
Draw
10%
Bremen will ruin it for Bayern and win
No votes

Total votes : 10

[2007-08-18] Werder Bremen vs Bayern Munich

Postby FC Bajern » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:34 am

After the solid 3-0 against new comers Rostock, Bayern next apponents will be Werder Bremen. The game will be played away on Saturday, at 15:30 local time. Hopefully there is no injuries after the Barcelona game, and I believe that everything will be just fine. What do you think about the game?

Image vs Image
FC Bajern

Postby diegis » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:22 am

we are definitely gonna win this :P
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Paddy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:48 am

Provided Klose plays we will win. They are without Borowski and Frings. But shoild Toni train without injuries he will be a big threat for Werder too.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:18 pm

Miroslav Klose faces a test of courage when he returns to Werder Bremen with his new club Bayern Munich for an explosive Bundesliga duel on Saturday. The Germany striker Klose fell out of favour with Bremen fans towards the end of the past season and the summer move to rivals Munich has not pleased the Bremen camp either.

"I am not more nervous than ahead of other games. I want to score in Bremen," said Klose.

The rivalry between Schalke and Dortmund is even bigger, and Saturday's meeting gets added spice from the fact that Dortmund spoilt Schalke's title dreams last season when they beat them in the penultimate round.

Champions VfB Stuttgart are at Hertha Berlin, with Turkey playmaker Yildiray Basturk returning from injury to make a Stuttgart league debut against his former club.

Munich, meanwhile, opened the season in style last Saturday with a 3-0 win over promoted Hansa Rostock to top the table. Klose scored twice and fed Italy forward Luca Toni for the other.

The Bremen game is a first big test for big-spending Munich, with Franck Ribery facing Bremen's Diego for midfield supremacy. Munich beat Bremen in the pre-season league cup, but the Bavarians are aware that another win can not be taken for granted.

"Werder have a strong team, matches there are always difficult. If we are as dominant as against Rostock you could speak of a certain trend. (But) I don't think that we are a world class team yet," said captain Oliver Kahn.

Club officials said that they would be satisfied with a draw but general manager Uli Hoeness also insisted that "we must win the title."

Bremen, coming off a meagre 2-1 win over Dinamo Zagreb in Champions League qualifying, have plenty of injury woes with Germany midfielders Torsten Frings and Tim Borowski the most notable absentees.

"Of course we would have preferred a different situation," said coach Thomas Schaaf.

Schalke are not only out for revenge against Dortmund after the painful defeat last May, they are also infuriated that some Dortmund players expressed their delight about spoiling Schalke's title ambitions after that match.

"You can't ignore this aspect. We remember well what happened after the game. You should not lose the respect for the opponent," said Schalke midfielder Fabian Ernst.

Schalke opened the season with a classy 2-2 draw in Stuttgart, while Dortmund's season debut went terribly wrong in form of a 3-1 home crushing by MSV Duisburg.

"We will field a team that will present itself in a different way than against Duisburg," vowed coach Thomas Doll.

The other weekend games are SC Karlsruhe vs. Hanover (Friday), Arminia Bielefeld vs. Eintracht Frankfurt, Rostock vs. Nuremberg, Duisburg vs. VfL Wolfsburg (Saturday), SV Hamburg vs. Bayer Leverkusen and Energie Cottbus vs. VfL Bochum (Sunday).
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:30 pm

Klose switched between the two rivals for €10 million in June at the end of a messy transfer saga.

The top scorer at the 2006 World Cup showed Bayern's persistence had been worth it when he struck twice and set up a third for Luca Toni in the opening day 3-0 win over Hansa Rostock.

Those goals took his tally to 99 in 210 Bundesliga games and his return to the Weserstadion on Saturday could be the platform for a celebration.

Bayern's win over Rostock last weekend had fans and pundits purring approval at the club's new determination to play attacking football.

But the first real test of the theory comes at Werder, who finished last season a place above Bayern in third.

'We got the start we wanted against Rostock but we won't assume we've won the title after one match,' Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge told the club's website.

'We know we have a good team but I'm warning everyone not to get big-headed or arrogant.'

Werder drew 2-2 with Bochum on the opening weekend and followed that up with a 2-1 win over Dinamo Zagreb in a tough Champions League qualifier on Wednesday.

Tiredness is likely to be a factor, especially considering the club's injured list, which includes senior midfielders Tim Borowski and Torsten Frings.

VfB Stuttgart kicked off the defence of their title last weekend with a decent 2-2 draw at home to Schalke 04, the team they pipped to the championship last season.

Next up is an away game against Hertha Berlin on Saturday and that should be a good opportunity for the champions to record their first win.

Hertha were far from impressive in last weekend's 1-0 defeat at Eintracht Frankfurt, although Stuttgart hopes could be hit by the absence of Mario Gomez, last season's Bundesliga Player of the Year, who is doubtful with a thigh strain.

Schalke will be seeking revenge as well as a first win of the season when they host local rivals Borussia Dortmund on Saturday.

Schalke's surprise 2-0 defeat by their great rivals on the penultimate day of last season saw them overtaken by Stuttgart, effectively costing them a first league title in almost 50 years.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:54 am

Probable line-ups:

Werder Bremen: Wiese - Pasanen, Mertesacker, Naldo, Schulz - Andreasen, Baumann - Diego, Carlos Alberto - Sanogo, Rosenberg

Bayern Munich: Kahn - Altintop, Lucio, Demichelis, Lahm - Schweinsteiger, Van Bommel, Zé Roberto, Ribéry - Toni, Klose
Also in matchday squad: Rensing, Lell, Van Buyten, Ottl, Sosa, Wagner

Referee: Dr. Markus Merk (Otterbach)

p.s. why this thread is not sticky yet? and the game between Bayern and Mainz is still sticky from last season?
FC Bajern

Postby diegis » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:03 pm

oleee goal Ribery from penalty
0-1 :D :D
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby diegis » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:40 pm

nice goal Toni
0-2
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:42 pm

What a game!! This is payback time baby
FC Bajern

Postby diegis » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:09 pm

oh my
0-3 altintop
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby diegis » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:16 pm

amazing goal ottl! 0-4
Bayern is playing really great
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby fanOfBayern » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:21 pm

we got one better..hehe
4-0 drubbing..Amazing Bayern!!!! :lol:
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:28 pm

FT Result: Werder Bremen 0-4 Bayern Munchen

Scorers: 31' Ribery(p), 51' Toni, 79' Altintop, 87' Ottl

I think taht Altintop deserves a place in the first eleven but I don't know whom he would replace :?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:44 pm

That goal from Ottl at the end was a Killer, Ribery and Altintop were once again amazing
FC Bajern

Postby soccerkyle » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:15 pm

We layed great and what a move Ribery did to start of the third goal i think it was when he held the ball on his foot
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Next

Return to Bundesliga