You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-08-18] Werder Bremen vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What will be the result of this big clash?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:34 am

Bayern will walk away with 3 points
90%
Draw
10%
Bremen will ruin it for Bayern and win
No votes

Total votes : 10

Werder Bremen 0-4 FC Bayern (Match report)

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:47 pm

Bayern Munich have hit the ground running in the new Bundesliga season with a 4-0 demolition of Werder Bremen sending a warning shot to their rivals.
Franck Ribery opened the scoring from the penalty spot for the Bavarians in the first half before strikes from Luca Toni and substitutes Hamit Altintop and Andreas Ottl after the break ensured a comfortable win for Ottmar Hitzfeld’s men.

The only consolation for Bremen was that at least they were spared the indignity of a goal from Miroslav Klose, the former club talisman who controversially joined Bayern in the summer.

After two games played, Bayern are top of the Bundesliga with seven goals scored and none conceded while Thomas Schaaf’s Bremen only have one point in the bank.

Ribery has made a fine start to his Bayern career and the Frenchman, given a standing ovation as he left the field in last week’s 3-0 win over Hansa Rostock, was again in the thick of the action.

After five minutes his shot from 20 yards was saved by Tim Wiese at the expense of a corner.

Bremen then came close when Jurica Vranjes exposed Bayern defender Lucio with a perfect pass for Boubacar Sanogo but the striker was foiled by a well-positioned Oliver Kahn.

Bayern got ahead just after half an hour when Petri Pasanen brought down Toni, and Ribery dispatched the penalty.

Pasanen tried but failed to redeem himself with a long-range shot that whistled past Kahn’s left-hand post.

Altintop replaced injuried Klose at the break and soon set up Toni, with the Italian hitman beating Wiese easily to make it 2-0.

Wiese kept out a shot from Mark van Bommel but Bremen were starting to cave in.

Ribery then created the third with a pass that released Altintop on the right and the midfielder fired into the left corner from 12 yards.

Ottl completed the rout with a fine solo goal three minutes from time.

Picking up the ball outside the penalty area, he took a couple of steps to set himself up and unleashed a powerful shot with his left foot which flew into the right-hand corner of the goal to make it 4-0 to Bayern.

There may be a long way to go but Bayern are setting a blistering early pace and have already pulled ahead of expected title rivals Schalke, Bremen and champions Stuttgart.

Werder Bremen - Bayern Munich 0-4 (H-T: 0-1)

Werder Bremen: Wiese - Pasanen, Mertesacker, Naldo, Schulz - Jensen, Baumann, Diego, Vranjes (Carlos Alberto 61) - Sanogo, Almeida (Schindler 61)

Bayern Munich: Kahn - Lell, Lucio, Demichelis, Lahm - Schweinsteiger, Van Bommel (Ottl 82), Zé Roberto, Ribéry - Toni (Wagner 89), Klose (Altintop 46)

Substitutes: Rensing, Van Buyten, Sosa

Referee: Dr. Markus Merk (Otterbach)

Spectators: 42,100 (capacity)

Goals: 0-1 Ribéry (31, pen), 0-2 Toni (51), 0-3 Altintop (79), 0-4 Ottl (87)

Yellow Cards: Naldo / Demichelis
FC Bajern

Postby fcb 4eva » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:54 pm

that control from Ribery that led to the third goal was just amazing, have never seen a bayern player do that kind of skill in a very long time. BRILLIANT \:D/ \:D/

------------------------
FCB 4EVA :D
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:18 am

Mutu...Toni was great...you must be sad.... :lol:
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:36 pm

haha that was fun.

But a disgusting challenge on Klose by Naldo. I'd have sent him off.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:10 pm

It wasnt for red considering the circumstances...I understand it...he kinda betrayed them...

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:49 pm

so is Klose's injury serious?
FC Bajern

Postby Mirage » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:41 pm

Paddy wrote:It wasnt for red considering the circumstances...I understand it...he kinda betrayed them...

you think Naldo did it on purpose? If so that is very unprofessional, I don't give a damn if he 'betrayed' them, you don't tackle someone like that. it was gross!
I don't think Klose's injury is serious but he is out of the Germany squad and doubtful for the Hannover game.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fcb 4eva » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:46 pm

well he's out of the England game on wednesday

-----------------------
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Mirage » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:50 pm

fcb 4eva wrote:well he's out of the England game on wednesday

-----------------------

who do you support when England play Germany?
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fcb 4eva » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:47 pm

Germany

----------------------
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fcb 4eva » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:53 pm

just cant stand englands arrogance around every game they play

--------------------
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby podolski4life » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 am

Wow, what a great match, even from only the highlights from Youtube (stupid 9 time zone differential). Altintop is really making his case for a starting job.

I hope Klose's okay. That first knee-on-knee collision was nasty.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FC Bajern » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:40 am

podolski4life wrote:Wow, what a great match, even from only the highlights from Youtube (stupid 9 time zone differential). Altintop is really making his case for a starting job.

haha 9 hours? that sucks for you, over here where I live is only 7 hours, so the game starts at 8:30 am, not bad at all.
FC Bajern

Postby Paddy » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:16 am

Mirage wrote:
Paddy wrote:It wasnt for red considering the circumstances...I understand it...he kinda betrayed them...

you think Naldo did it on purpose? If so that is very unprofessional, I don't give a damn if he 'betrayed' them, you don't tackle someone like that. it was gross!
I don't think Klose's injury is serious but he is out of the Germany squad and doubtful for the Hannover game.

I´ve seen worse before.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:43 pm

Paddy wrote:Mutu...Toni was great...you must be sad.... :lol:

Unfortunately I couldn't watch the match, but I thought he was very bad with that penalty action. He didn't control the ball well, and then won a penalty in a non-gentlemanly way, fuelling the critics who call Italians cheaters. It was a penalty indeed, but it was clear that Toni tried to put his foot in to get fouled... his aim was not to try to score but to try to win a penalty. This kind of cheekiness is destroying football, and I hate to see it even from Bayern players.

If there's purpose and intention to it, then it's all the more red. It's a good thing Frings was injured himself though, otherwise Klose might have come out much worse.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to Bundesliga