You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-02-17] VfL Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:30 pm

VfL Wolfsburg will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2018-02-17] VfL Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:52 pm

Punk, I don’t disagree at all. It’s time to play Coman James Müller behind Lewy until we figure out the long term solution.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby prasun77 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:43 pm

MOTM Robben..that penalty was a good save by the keeper else he only created the 2 chances..
That's why we should never field a team without robben in it if it's a must win..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Awax » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:47 pm

Scrappy game but I thought it was great display from Jupp, to be able to field a second team, rest a lot of players in a crucial point in time in February and still manage a win.

These rotations will prove extremely important in march and april. Jupp can allow himself to do it in a bundesliga match where even if he dropped points, it wouldn't be the end of the world. But he won, and it gives confidence to the second team players.

Those are the methods of champions.
Last edited by Awax on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I write 'Karma' on my money to make sure it comes back.
Awax
Getting the hang of it

Postby Pips » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:47 pm

That kid shut down Robben until 1:1, after that he could not stop him at all and second penalty was result of that.
Pips
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Manchu » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:44 pm

1. Sandro Wagner is world class. Excellent game from him. Honestly, I think he was better than Lewandowski(who did nothing other than scoring the penalty) today.

2. Muller is so important to our team. We played so much better after he came on, and Robben actually started to look dangerous.

3. Sule is one of the best center back talents in the world, and he's receiving 0 hype. He was incredible at everything. He should be the third choice center back for Russia.

4. This was just about the most Man. City performance we've had this season. An incredible amount of possession, the other team completely parking the bus, little creatively in the first half, playing better in the second half, and winning with a late goal. Of course, this game also serves as a reminder of why Jupp doesn't like to play like this usually.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby wholagun » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Manchu wrote:1. Sandro Wagner is world class. Excellent game from him. Honestly, I think he was better than Lewandowski(who did nothing other than scoring the penalty) today.

2. Muller is so important to our team. We played so much better after he came on, and Robben actually started to look dangerous.

3. Sule is one of the best center back talents in the world, and he's receiving 0 hype. He was incredible at everything. He should be the third choice center back for Russia.

4. This was just about the most Man. City performance we've had this season. An incredible amount of possession, the other team completely parking the bus, little creatively in the first half, playing better in the second half, and winning with a late goal. Of course, this game also serves as a reminder of why Jupp doesn't like to play like this usually.

Wagner along with the rest of the starting 11 I though didn't have a good game at all. World class is a strech. There are at least a dozen #9s ahead of Wagner. Lewy was for on the pitch for 12 minutes, in all reality what decisive play were you expecting from him when Wolfsburg parked the bus and were punting the ball forward away from goal in hopes of keeping it at a draw? :-s
wholagun
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:45 pm

I can't understand so much drama after a meaningless game and considering our lineup. Sandro Wagner is useless, Sandro Wagner is world class, Robben sucks at penalties ... :shock:

It was a decent performance and we ended up getting the 3 points. Some players performed below average, but it was a meaningless game.

Can't see the logic between Robben sucks at penalties when he has pretty good stats taking them. Of course Lewy is and should always be number 1

3 points, no injuries and deserved rest for most of our key players. Can't get any better than that :)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Manchu » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:05 pm

wholagun wrote:Wagner along with the rest of the starting 11 I though didn't have a good game at all. World class is a strech. There are at least a dozen #9s ahead of Wagner. Lewy was for on the pitch for 12 minutes, in all reality what decisive play were you expecting from him when Wolfsburg parked the bus and were punting the ball forward away from goal in hopes of keeping it at a draw? :-s

Wagner didn't show very much during the first half, probably because our midfield was weak(of all the starters in midfield and attacking midfield today, I would say that only Thiago is world class nowadays) and terrible at progressing the ball(to the extent we basically didn't play any crosses into our 1.95m striker), but he had a great second half. He's actually a very unusual striker, and he has three main strengths:

1. He always works hard in defense, pressing and tracking back like a maniac. That wasn't very important today because Wolfsburg parked the bus very deep.

2. His passing and holdup play is excellent. His technical ability in those areas isn't unusual, but the intelligence he uses there is. This leads him to make exceptional passing plays more often than just about any striker other than Benzema. If you give him the ball often enough close to the penalty area, eventually he will pull off something that creates a really good chance. It happened against Leverkusen with the buildup to James' free kick goal, and it happened today with the build up to Robben's missed penalty.

3. On top of all of that, he's a decent goal scorer. Not as good as Lewandowski, but good enough for our purposes, and he posses an aerial threat that Lewandowski lacks. That was also shown today.

That is why I consider him a world class player, even if Lewandowksi is better.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Roonzil » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:01 am

How has no one mentioned Süle's Boatengesque long balls?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby tflags » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:29 am

Boateng's balls have no match.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:31 am

I f*cking wrote that, didn't I? :oops:
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Achilles » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:56 am

Roonzil wrote:How has no one mentioned Süle's Boatengesque long balls?

Good point, he is in the right path but still way to go about the accuracy and delivery. Boateng has that midfield touch on the long ball, soft and light kick so the teammate can have an easier first touch. Kudos to Sule though it's hard for a guy of his height and weight playing those passes.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:32 pm

tflags wrote:I f*cking wrote that, didn't I? :oops:
Reminds me of the time I toured the Allianz Arena and reached out and opened Boateng's locker in the dressing room. Needless to say, the tour girl was not at all impressed and told me off.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:57 pm

tflags wrote:Boateng's balls have no match.

Then again, they don't compare to these. . .

Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby prasun77 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:08 pm

Say what you want but when it comes to long passes Xabi Alonso was in a class of his own..and one level above the rest..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga