You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-09-01] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:30 pm

VfB Stuttgart will win
17%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
83%

Total votes : 6

Re: [2018-09-01] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:23 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Bundesliga ours. Can play second team. Just focus on CL.

And on Santa!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:25 pm

Ribery had a game to forget. Credit to Boateng, he was good today. Goretzka should’ve had a brace that dummy was unnecessary.

Dominant performance, Neuer didn’t have to make a single save.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:34 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Some of you are so blind with your hate for Robbery and Muller that you are not seeing us dominating these bastards in white
Not thanks to them.
Oh come on habibi, let us support the Jungs... the new coach and the (few)new faces that we have...

Long post..

Oh, man.. I'm probably one of the most passionate fans in the world, generally I haven't said anything bad about our team in front of other people and fans, I think I've got an overall realistic view for the things, and I haven't missed a Bayern game - starting from the preseason since 2011.. But let me be honest with you, this is maybe the year that I could pass on some game, mainly because our playing style this season has nothing to do with our roots.

Also, it hurts me to watch James and Gnabry on the bench every game. Really. The first is the most brilliant creative mind not only in our team, but in the whole league, and the other is our only option for the next few months that can actually make difference on the wing.

We see the Kimmich /Alaba overlaps and crossing all over again and again, at least 80 % of our attacks from the wings are done in this way and this is showing that our wingers are good for holding the ball for few second and waiting for the back to come in and cross the ball.

And that's being said, this is the first time in a long time that I'm not looking forward for the upcoming games. You saw yourself tonight - our best goal chances came from our midfield.

All that I want this season is to see my long time favorite player playing some good games, Leon integration in the team, Gnabry and Coman starting when they are available and the, and maybe the most important thing - to play our key player (James) every possible moment.

Don't blame me for my lack of patience. It's all over again. Kovac was talking about how he is going to work with the young guys more, and I believed him because it was looking really like he is going to make the transition from the underperforming squad in the Champions League. You can say - yes, but we win with 3 goals today, this is the the most important thing, but this has nothing to do with the Robben and Ribéry performance. I mean, Ribéry lost the ball 7 times.. It's not going to hurt us against Stuttgart, but against Barca, Real, Chelsea, Pool, etc..?

And back to Kovac - almost 3 months later he is not playing even some of the best players in the squad, and what to say about the young boys out there? If I was in Renato's place, after getting DNF's from the GAME SQUAD in almost every official game - I'm leaving this bitch not in the summer, no, no.. I'm not waiting for it, I'm leaving in the winter, because let me be honest - Kovac shit himself after his first talks with Robbery. There is not other explanation - there should be some pressure from Brazzo, Uli or KHR to play them more. Can someone tell me that I'm wrong about that? The only times that we're going to see at least one of the Gnabry /Coman starting is when we have to play every 3 or 4 days. And then I'm going to read - "I was angry because I was left on the bench.".

This is my view, and I understand that not many people are going to share my thoughts.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby elnano98 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:48 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
Long post..

About James, didn't he just return from his injury ? I agree that he's one of our best players, but I don't see we need starting him that early and risking him being injured again
Look at the end of the game, he seemed hurt again.
And about Sanches, we had Ulreich, Rafinha, Süle, Martínez, Tolisso, James, Gnabry from our bench last game, which one from that would you exclude for him to be included in Match squad ?
elnano98
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:02 pm

elnano98 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:
Long post..

About James, didn't he just return from his injury ? I agree that he's one of our best players, but I don't see we need starting him that early and risking him being injured again
Look at the end of the game, he seemed hurt again.
And about Sanches, we had Ulreich, Rafinha, Süle, Martínez, Tolisso, James, Gnabry from our bench last game, which one from that would you exclude for him to be included in Match squad ?

James was fit i believe, 12-14 days ago. At the end of the game, there was hard knock on his ankle, but seconds after that he was running again (after the Tolisso or Goretzka steal and the fast pass to Lewy).
You said it yourself - if James was really not ready - why then he did not put Renato in the squad ? If he was fit, i'm dropping Martinez since he was the last player picking up an injury in training.

And if Kovac was coach with balls, he at least would not start Robben after his latest comments "I was angry..", etc.. But this is Bayern, and the coaches are bargaining chip.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Coman » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:45 am

I like what I saw once again.

The defense was perfect. Even Alaba was great again.

The midfield was nice. Thiago as #6 > Martinez as #6 every day.

The attack was good bar Ribéry who had a poor game. Lewandowski and Robben were really good.
Coman
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:05 am

WhoScored ratings:

Thiago 8.3
Lewandowski, Mueller, Goretzka, Alaba 8.1
Kimmich 7.7
Hummels 7.6
Robben, Boateng 7.3
Neuer 6.6
Ribery, James* 6.3
Tolisso* 6.2
Gnabry* 6.1

* subbed in
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:07 am

Coman wrote:I like what I saw once again.

The attack was good bar Ribéry who had a poor game. Lewandowski and Robben were really good.

Indeed, the most correct recollection for this game I've seen so far.

With Thiago as regista, we can control any game. Only problem is being clinical at the front.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:11 am

Ribery had a bad match yesterday but I still trust him over Robben who very often keeps trying to make the one trick he's known for his whole career, and failing because he doesn't have the speed this move requires anymore.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:25 am

Coman

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby MoFattal » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:37 am

I'm liking the way we are playing, especially when our midfielders are going up the pitch. Fluid football is alive again. I just hope we don't keep sticking to the same starting 11 with Robbery always on the team sheet. Some players need to play more.

Alaba seems to be the most-benefited player from Kovac' appointment. He's enjoying football again. Our second best player so far this season, I'd say, after Thiago.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:04 am

Coman wrote:I like what I saw once again.

Agreed, at least as far as the second half goes since that's all I watched. I thought it was a very good performance.

Shoutout to Müller too. Him and Lewandowski are in great form. The thing is of course Lewandowski has always been great in these matches, what irritates me is him disappearing in big games so I'll wait until the end of the season before I take back my harsh criticism. Müller, however, I expect to continue to be great and improve. I'm glad he's finally playing regularly in the middle behind Lewandowski again and I think both will benefit greatly from this.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:07 am

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:08 am

MoFattal wrote:I'm liking the way we are playing, especially when our midfielders are going up the pitch. Fluid football is alive again. I just hope we don't keep sticking to the same starting 11 with Robbery always on the team sheet. Some players need to play more.

Alaba seems to be the most-benefited player from Kovac' appointment. He's enjoying football again. Our second best player so far this season, I'd say, after Thiago.

Again: and Müller. And the main reason for that is that Kovac is the first since Pep to play him in the middle.

Müller and Alaba have been great in the past though while Thiago, although I think he's always been a crucial player for us, always seemed to be a bit inconsistent. So I'd say he looks like he's benefited most. With the other two it's more rediscovering old form.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:09 am

Fines mean nothing to them. They need to be taught a lesson by being put on the bench.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga