You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[10-11-2007] VFB Stuttgart -vs- Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

The result of the Stuttgart & Bayern Munich game will be a

A) Bayern victory
42%
B) draw
17%
C) Stuttgart victory
42%

Total votes : 12

Postby tracylynn » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:39 am

FCBinNYC wrote:That being said, as soon as I saw the starting lineup I knew we were going to be in for a rough day. Playing defensive midfield is the reason why Altintop left Schalke in the first place, so I knew that wasn't going to work out. As for Kroos, I have to wonder why he got a start instead of Sosa. In a big game like this, I personally would've gone with the former Argentinian league champion over the teenager, based solely on experience. But what do I know?

You know, I wonder about starting Kroos myself. It does appear that there are a lot of fans who've been wanting him to start and they got their wish. Unfortunately, it did not work out as well as they had hoped.

I would like to know when Sosa or Jan S. are going to start a game. Are they supposed to warm the bench?
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:20 am

I'm willing to give Kroos the benefit of the doubt due to his age. I'm sure other teams have taken notice of him, especially after the Red Star match, and therefore know that a little extra pressure on him can knock him out of his stride since he's not ready for it.
Sosa's predicament is a little different, I'm wondering if Ottmar even cares that he's on the team. Remember, he was signed way back when it looked like we could still win the title LAST season, if I'm not mistaken while Magath was still manager. This could be hurting him in his bid for first team football, even though every time I saw him play for Estudiantes he seemed like he could be a pretty explosive player. Schlaudraff is in the same boat, wasn't signed by Hitzfeld so he's in the dark. We'll see what happens, but I feel like he's definately a benchwarmer, with Sosa not so far behind. I'd like to see them get their chance, but I'm sure they won't until after the new year when the schedule gets REALLY busy. (Assuming that we continue to advance in the UEFA and Pokal.) And even that's not definite, especially if the Toni-Klose express gets back on track.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernglasgowfan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:08 pm

Who said it was going to be a stroll!!

Definately not a good result aftyer the Bolton draw but it was going to happen eventually (pity it had to be v Stuttgart though).

I'm sure with the next match two weeks away there will be time to get things sorted and , although I don't mind Lell I'll be happier once Sagnol is ready to return.

Also, just my opinion, but Lahm hasn't dont a lot recently (and I have watched every game except the BMG cup match via Internet).

The Lucio - Van Buyten pairing doesn't work either so the staff have a lot of things to work on.

Makes it more interesting now but I have little doubt it is only a minor drop in standards.
Bayernglasgowfan
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to Bundesliga