You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-04-21] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Who's going to win the match between Stuttgart & Bayern?

A) Bayern will win
90%
B) It'll end in a draw
10%
C) Stuttgart will win
No votes

Total votes : 10

[2007-04-21] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Postby tracylynn » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:38 pm

I know it's early but I just want to get this thread started because this is a very important game for Bayern. They have to win this game in order to get at least thrid place. If they don't win it then they'll have to rely on outside help in getting third place, which I don't think it's going to happen. So, what are your thoughts on this crucial game?
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Romana » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:52 pm

i wish Bayern :D
Romario & Thomas Brolin

Romana
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby soccerkyle » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:19 am

This is probually the most important game of the season and even afetr this game we have to win all the rest
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Walls » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:27 am

we HAVE to win...no excuses..
WALLS™ CEO OF METAL - F$CK with the bull,you get the horn.
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:59 am

Must win. We control our own destiny from here on out.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:51 pm

This game will decide if we are going to appear in next year's CL..
If we win this, then I am confident that we can achieve 1st or 2nd place this season.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Schweini_rules » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:27 pm

a MUST and HAVE to WIN this game. if not ..au revoir CL.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:54 pm

Finally a Bundesliga match where our team will be well fired up. The management know the importance, the players know it, and the fans too. It will be like a cup final in Gottlieb-Daimler-Stadion.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mirage » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:38 am

And hopefully Bayern will have the edge, seeing as Stuttgart have a match against Wolfsburg some time this week. Can't imagine not making the CL.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:33 pm

Well you all say that it´s a must win for Bayern but umm...it´s aa must win for Stuttgart too...they know if they win they are in CL...I think we´ll lose.....We don´t do great under pressure ( Milan) and our away form is poor.

Maybe we could do better in Uefa cup...
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:08 pm

I am of the opinion that next season we will be stronger than this season, and I believe that we can play better in the CL than Stuttgart would be able to. The Bundesliga needs Bayern to play in the CL, for its own good.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:12 pm

Paddy wrote:it´s a must win for Bayern but umm...it´s aa must win for Stuttgart too...they know if they win they are in CL...

Every team in Germany is highly motivated when playing Bayern Munich. I don't think their motivation would be much higher than if this match wasn't so critical, whereas our motivation will be much higher than it usually is for Bundesliga matches.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paddy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:10 pm

MUTU wrote:I am of the opinion that next season we will be stronger than this season, and I believe that we can play better in the CL than Stuttgart would be able to. The Bundesliga needs Bayern to play in the CL, for its own good.

Yeah well I agree...but if we fail to qualify for the CL it would be deserved.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:30 pm

If Bayern loses, it will drop five points behind Stuttgart.

"This has been one of the most difficult seasons I've had at Bayern," goalkeeper Oliver Kahn said. "Our focus is naturally on third place, but if you belong to Bayern you have to believe that more is possible."

With five games left, Schalke leads the league with 59 points, followed by Werder Bremen with 57, Stuttgart with 55 and Bayern with 53.

"Right now, the teams above us keep winning, but that could change any time and a lot could still happen in the championship," Kahn said. "This game is a great chance for us to get into third place."

Bayern won the domestic league and cup competitions the last two years. This year, it is out of the German Cup and the Champions League, where it lost to AC Milan in the quarterfinals.

Bremen could take the lead at least provisionally if it beats visiting Alemannia Aachen on Friday. Schalke hosts the resurgent Energie Cottbus on Saturday.

Bayern is hoping that Stuttgart's extra duty Wednesday in the German Cup may have sapped some of Stuttgart's energy.

But Armin Veh's young team may have instead received an adrenaline shot. It won at Wolfsburg 1-0 to reach the final of the German Cup for the first time in 10 years.

That was also the last time Stuttgart won a title.

The team could be on course for an unlikely double if it beats Bayern on Saturday and the leaders stumble.

"We have a lot of confidence now going into Saturday's match," said Antonio da Silva, who scored Stuttgart's winning goal in Wolfsburg.

While Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge believes that one point could be good enough to take home, coach Ottmar Hitzfeld thinks a win is "a must."

"Otherwise, we won't be able to claim third place at the end on our own,"
Hitzfeld said.

Both teams will be missing some key players through injury. Bayern will be without midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger, while Stuttgart is still without striker Mario Gomez, who is recovering from damaged knee ligaments.

Bayern at least has history on its side: it was has won 21 of 39 games in Stuttgart, losing only 10.

Also Saturday, it's: Hertha Berlin vs. Borussia Dortmund; Bayer Leverkusen vs. Nuremberg; Wolfsburg vs. Arminia Bielefeld; and Eintracht Frankfurt vs. Bochum.

On Sunday, Hannover 96 hosts Borussia Moenchengladbach and Hamburger SV plays Mainz.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:35 pm

Kicker sports magazine on Thursday named the game "the Champions League final," with just four league rounds left after the weekend.

For Munich, a place in the UEFA Cup would be a disaster, true to the famous statement from the president Franz Beckenbauer who long ago named that event "the cup of losers."

Its not just missing out on attractive games against the likes of Manchester United, Real Madrid or AC Milan, it will also make it very hard for Munich to bolster their squad with the desired one or more European star players.

Munich's shopping list includes Italy striker Luca Toni
, Dutch winger Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery of France, but players of such calibre are unlikely to join if the Bavarians don't make the Champions League.

Robben's father and advisor Hans Robben said that "Bayern Munich is a possibility" but added that his son would only be tempted to leave English champions Chelsea for a club which can win the Champions League.

The Bild daily on Thursday predicted that "once again only the Bundesliga is left as a hunting ground" for Munich, naming Dutch playmaker Rafael van der Vaart (SV Hamburg) and Germany striker Miroslav Klose (Bremen) their objects of desire.

Everyone in Munich is aware of the situation in a season which has been below par for the Bavarians after successive league and cup doubles in 2005 and 2006.

"We have to win if we want to finish third without the help of others. Third place will be very difficult to salvage if we lose," said coach Ottmar Hitzfeld.

"We should not be afraid. We can secure third place with a victory, that is our aim," said their young Germany forward Mario Gomez.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to Bundesliga