You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-12-12] Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:30 pm

1. FC Union Berlin will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 2

Re: [2020-12-12] Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:37 pm

America USA wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
rthebest wrote:[quote="PunkCapitalist"]Can't believe we let Thiago go for peanuts. We would have been much better letting him run out his contract. All because Kimmich wanted to play midfield.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Let him go is not the problem, not buying a proper replacement is.
We did. Roca. But apparently he isn't good enough. No one would have been good enough, tbf. In Thiago we had a top class midfielder capable of keeping the game tight by himself.

Look even I would’ve preferred Thiago to stay and leave for a free but you need to let it go man!

Accept the reality that Thiago wanted to actively leave Bayern and had his mind set on jointing Klopp/Liverpool. Bayern had no choice with only one year left on the Spaniards’ contract. Otherwise you would potentially have a disgruntled player not playing at his best in his final year at the club. (See Alaba at Bayern this season and possibly Messi at Barcelona)[/quote]Neither the board nor most of the fans valued Thiago as he deserved. Most thought and think that Kimmich is the better MF. He wanted to go, true, they should have told him "no, you can leave on a free next season" and we could have gotten another treble out of him. But nooooo Kimmich wanted to play MF and have the number 6...

If there was ever a player that we could afford to lose on a free, it was him. Alaba, OTOH, we could have gotten good cash for...

Of course, the board bend over backwards trying to extend Alaba, but once Thiago said he wanted to leave, they let him go easy and no problem.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:45 pm

Bring in Sane and Tolisso for Musiala and Serge
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:45 pm

Mavs wrote:lol what "defeats?" We've only lost to Hoffenheim. That's it.

I'm not happy with how we've been playing this season either. But a hangover after a treble season isn't shocking. Add in the injuries we've had, the grueling schedule, our style of play...and I can understand our subpar performances to a degree.

Getting Kimich back will help. Having 2 weeks off for Christmas should too.
We "saved" energy against Leipzig not wanting to win, we had two meaningless CL games to rest players... This is just a lame excuse, others play too, you know?!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:47 pm

Flick is nowhere to be seen...
Brazzo seems to have taken over...
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:47 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Can anyone explain to me why on earth Flick is still refusing to play Roca when we have no midfielders available? We're playing a winger a a CM, FFS.
This shitshow is not on flick... Bin ha saturated wannabes doing some alibi field trip... Embarrassing!
Fed up with this way of "playing"

I don't intend to pin it on Flick. And yet our unlucky injuries in midfield are being made even worse by not playing the midfielder we do have available. It surely doesn't help.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:47 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Can anyone explain to me why on earth Flick is still refusing to play Roca when we have no midfielders available? We're playing a winger a a CM, FFS.
Isn't Mussiala a CAM? I know he can play winger, but i thought his primary position is in the center.

Possibly... we've mostly played him as a winger. Still not the right player to partner Goretzka though. Maybe if it were Kimmich it might have worked.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:48 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
Isn't Mussiala a CAM? I know he can play winger, but i thought his primary position is in the center.

Possibly... we've mostly played him as a winger. Still not the right player to partner Goretzka though. Maybe if it were Kimmich it might have worked.
Agree. I also wonder wtf is wrong with Roca that makes Flick dislike him so much.

PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:57 pm

Our pressing seems to be half hearted
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Pittbay » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:57 pm

Finally. Coman just took the game over in the last minute or two.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:58 pm

Torr

Bravo' Coman
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:58 pm

Goal!!

Still, don't understand the change Mussiala -> Sané. What's wrong with Roca?!??!?!

PunkCapitalist

Postby #12 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:59 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:[quote="FCBayernMunchen"]Can anyone explain to me why on earth Flick is still refusing to play Roca when we have no midfielders available? We're playing a winger a a CM, FFS.

Agree. I also wonder wtf is wrong with Roca that makes Flick dislike him so much.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk[/quote]He got relegated last year... We all knew he was no world beater...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:59 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Goal!!

Still, don't understand the change Mussiala -> Sané. What's wrong with Roca?!??!?!

Nothing but our pathetic offense(today) needed strengthening...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:01 pm

#12 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:[quote="PunkCapitalist"][quote="FCBayernMunchen"]Can anyone explain to me why on earth Flick is still refusing to play Roca when we have no midfielders available? We're playing a winger a a CM, FFS.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk[/quote]He got relegated last year... We all knew he was no world beater...[/quote]Right, few were expecting a world class player, but the thing is Flick would rather play with no midfield than playing the guy. I expected a Perisic-like (maybe a bit worse) solid reliable guy we could field if necessary. But so far he hasn't been even that.

PunkCapitalist

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:08 pm

Goretzka inj
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga