You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-12-12] Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:30 pm

1. FC Union Berlin will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 2

Re: [2020-12-12] Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich

Postby nm462272 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:47 am

#12 wrote:
Fénix wrote:Come on guys, even I have been exhausted for the last 6-7 days and have no will for anything, not those guys who have no real break at all and train almost every single day and take care of many things, diet regime, sleep, rest, etc.

Even if we lose, so what? Have we become permanent Bundesliga champions or what? :D :-k
I mean, look at our success in German competitions. Historically, no other team in any other league has achieved such greats results in both domestic league and cup except Juventus that can be compared with us in top 8 leagues.

I can even understand some criticism after the last 40-50 days of our weak display on the pitch and being unable to keep the clean sheet. But then again... we know how our season roster was covered up after Thiago, Perišić and Coutinho and honestly, I would take every single day all 3 rather than Sarr, Costa and Chupo-Moting even though the latter is definitely decent and he's doing his job just fine when we see how many minutes he has played so far, but that's just not it.

You win national championships in late spring, not early winter. Therefore, we still have 22-23 matchdays left to see how this all is going to finish.
All true, but no, he is not doing fine... He’s pretty bad...

he's really not THAT bad.... 3 goals in 9 games, while always playing with the B/C squad.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:29 am

no one mentioned that we had a penalty... I mentioned it during the game and referred to the Ref as a spaghetti man ...
unbelievable...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:33 am

ramsej84 wrote:no one mentioned that we had a penalty... I mentioned it during the game and referred to the Ref as a spaghetti man ...
unbelievable...

The two handballs in quick succession? The first one would have been way too harsh. The second one would also have been harsh, though we have seen those given. Thing is, the defender was trying to move his arm away from the ball, not towards it.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:34 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:no one mentioned that we had a penalty... I mentioned it during the game and referred to the Ref as a spaghetti man ...
unbelievable...

The two handballs in quick succession? The first one would have been way too harsh. The second one would also have been harsh, though we have seen those given. Thing is, the defender was trying to move his arm away from the ball, not towards it.

or cause we are Bayern ... and not Juve...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby barronjohn » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:47 pm

I feel there are several reasons we faltered

1) Flick might have gotten the tactics wrong with 4-1-4-1 with Goretzka as the pivot. Goretzka is more attack-minded than defence. This lead to reduced possession, poor transition from defence to offence, and union breaking through much more often.

2) Add to this the fact that Boateng and Alaba are not exactly the most elite of defenders. And Alaba darts forward whenever he has a chance. They work better in the system with two strong DMs in front of them.

3) Our intensity seemed to have been cut in half in this game.

4) We created some good chances, but Lewa and Gnabry missed goals they would otherwise score 9/10 times.

I just hope we absolutely dominate Wolfsburg and Leverkusen!
barronjohn
Getting the hang of it

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:41 pm

nm462272 wrote:
#12 wrote:
Fénix wrote:Come on guys, even I have been exhausted for the last 6-7 days and have no will for anything, not those guys who have no real break at all and train almost every single day and take care of many things, diet regime, sleep, rest, etc.

Even if we lose, so what? Have we become permanent Bundesliga champions or what? :D :-k
I mean, look at our success in German competitions. Historically, no other team in any other league has achieved such greats results in both domestic league and cup except Juventus that can be compared with us in top 8 leagues.

I can even understand some criticism after the last 40-50 days of our weak display on the pitch and being unable to keep the clean sheet. But then again... we know how our season roster was covered up after Thiago, Perišić and Coutinho and honestly, I would take every single day all 3 rather than Sarr, Costa and Chupo-Moting even though the latter is definitely decent and he's doing his job just fine when we see how many minutes he has played so far, but that's just not it.

You win national championships in late spring, not early winter. Therefore, we still have 22-23 matchdays left to see how this all is going to finish.
All true, but no, he is not doing fine... He’s pretty bad...

he's really not THAT bad.... 3 goals in 9 games, while always playing with the B/C squad.
2 against a side that is 4 leagues below us... Wasting what would have been YOUR first Bundesliga goal against Bremen...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Previous

Return to Bundesliga