You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-12-12] Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:30 pm

1. FC Union Berlin will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 2

Re: [2020-12-12] Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:30 pm

Lukas wrote:No Leipzig, who sold their best player and were meant to suffer because of that, also after a long season in the CL, are the ones to watch

Ah OK, guess #12 jinxed them then.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:30 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:When was the last time a club beat Bayern in the Champions League?

When was the last time a club beat Bayern in the German Cup?

How many Bundesliga losses did we suffer in 2020?

When was the last time we didn't lead the table on the last played matchday of any season?

When was the last time we didn't top the CL group?

We're just spoilt that's what.

The way I see it, this matchday we gained yet another point on BVB.
Dortmund is not the contender to watch... So the way you see it is pointless... And no, we're not spoilt, we want to see a team being able to do the basics... Currently, we could play 50 games against Düren and still concede in 49 of them...

They're not? I thought you were telling us they would win the Bundesliga for the last 4 years.

PS: we drew. Boo hoo. Get yourself together.
Against UNION Berlin... Not even Hertha, UNION...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:35 pm

Yes, Union Berlin. Higher than Hertha and higher than Stuttgart in the table. Now get your act together. Where are Liverpool, Manchester City, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus etc in their respective tables? Do you not realise that this is an especially difficult season for top teams and still we're on top in every competition?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:46 pm

MUTU wrote:Yes, Union Berlin. Higher than Hertha and higher than Stuttgart in the table. Now get your act together. Where are Manchester City, Real Madrid, Juventus etc in their respective tables? Do you not realise that this is an especially difficult season for top teams and still we're on top in every competition?
I do, but we're getting worse every week... It’s just laughably ridiculous we talk about focus on defense and concede after three minutes and our goalie already saving a 100% chance before that...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:00 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Yes, Union Berlin. Higher than Hertha and higher than Stuttgart in the table. Now get your act together. Where are Manchester City, Real Madrid, Juventus etc in their respective tables? Do you not realise that this is an especially difficult season for top teams and still we're on top in every competition?
I do, but we're getting worse every week... It’s just laughably ridiculous we talk about focus on defense and concede after three minutes and our goalie already saving a 100% chance before that...

The players are drained not just physically but also mentally. That's why Flick should have played more fringe players today. We need heavier rotation even if it means we temporarily lose the Bundesliga lead. But if we keep it up we're risking worse in the crunch phase of the season.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:10 pm

Union have a tendency of playing well against top teams. It shouldn't have come as too much of a surprise, although our performance was absolutely abysmal. Kovac-level if not worse.

And they're probably the better Berlin team these days. They lost vs Hertha last week, true, though their red card probably played a part there.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Effenberg777 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:22 pm

We need another 2 3 players in the winter and not ones of Sarr's or Roca or Richard's level is clear we are missing some solid players on the bench.
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:36 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:

The players are drained not just physically but also mentally. That's why Flick should have played more fringe players today. We need heavier rotation even if it means we temporarily lose the Bundesliga lead. But if we keep it up we're risking worse in the crunch phase of the season.
Mutu is definitely right. The team can do much better because the quality is there, but let's not get our panties in a bunch over a draw. Specially a draw under these circumstances.

We have to wait it out. Let the players rest as much as possible, wait for Phonzy, Sané and Gnabry to catch rhythm and for Kimmich to come back. Things will get better once that happens.

There are only two things that got me confused; what's up with Roca and wtf Flick is still sticking to Alaba.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Awax » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:02 am

We're playing like shite yet La Liga's top team couldn't even beat our B-Team.

The way I see it, the players don't necessarily look physically exhausted but rather mentally burned out.

A rest and some vacation will help with that. This team is still solid af, even when playing ugly.
Awax
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:13 am

Awax wrote:We're playing like shite yet La Liga's top team couldn't even beat our B-Team.

The way I see it, the players don't necessarily look physically exhausted but rather mentally burned out.

A rest and some vacation will help with that. This team is still solid af, even when playing ugly.
Eyewash...

Yes we didn’t, and blabla, but our A TEAM would have lost to Union Berlin by a huge margin if they didn’t have last minute panic... Opponents wasting chances is not a sign of our quality, it's their pack thereof!

And again, I can understand a mental down, even for highly overpaid millionaires, but I expect them to do SOME focused solid defending then at least... Defense is easier than offense, yet we constantly beg to concede...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bmguy » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:38 pm

every team playing against us become a master of counterattack :mrgreen:
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby Awax » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:45 pm

#12 wrote:Eyewash...

eyewash ? you fkn nerd

#12 wrote:Yes we didn’t

we didn't what ? none of my statements can be answered by yes we didn't

#12 wrote:I can understand a mental down, even for highly overpaid millionaires

millionaire or not, anyone can be mentally exhausted. as a matter of fact, they have more pressure on their shoulders than you ever had in your highly underpaid life.

#12 wrote:I expect them to do SOME focused solid defending then at least... Defense is easier than offense, yet we constantly beg to concede...

a decent comment.. I agree, but the only issue here is that being exhausted makes you prone to mistakes. Being exhausted affects your concentration, and lack of concentration also makes you prone to mistakes.
Truth remains, the team is badly in need of a break.
Awax
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:07 pm

Awax wrote:
#12 wrote:Eyewash...

eyewash ? you fkn nerd

#12 wrote:Yes we didn’t

we didn't what ? none of my statements can be answered by yes we didn't

#12 wrote:I can understand a mental down, even for highly overpaid millionaires

millionaire or not, anyone can be mentally exhausted. as a matter of fact, they have more pressure on their shoulders than you ever had in your highly underpaid life.

#12 wrote:I expect them to do SOME focused solid defending then at least... Defense is easier than offense, yet we constantly beg to concede...

a decent comment.. I agree, but the only issue here is that being exhausted makes you prone to mistakes. Being exhausted affects your concentration, and lack of concentration also makes you prone to mistakes.
Truth remains, the team is badly in need of a break.
Well, if you read the whole paragraph, you should get it, provided you understand the English language... Pointer: it doesn’t have to be a direct response to something you said...

And no, they do not, they play a game, stop being disrespectful without knowing me
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:08 pm

Come on guys, even I have been exhausted for the last 6-7 days and have no will for anything, not those guys who have no real break at all and train almost every single day and take care of many things, diet regime, sleep, rest, etc.

Even if we lose, so what? Have we become permanent Bundesliga champions or what? :D :-k
I mean, look at our success in German competitions. Historically, no other team in any other league has achieved such greats results in both domestic league and cup except Juventus that can be compared with us in top 8 leagues.

I can even understand some criticism after the last 40-50 days of our weak display on the pitch and being unable to keep the clean sheet. But then again... we know how our season roster was covered up after Thiago, Perišić and Coutinho and honestly, I would take every single day all 3 rather than Sarr, Costa and Chupo-Moting even though the latter is definitely decent and he's doing his job just fine when we see how many minutes he has played so far, but that's just not it.

You win national championships in late spring, not early winter. Therefore, we still have 22-23 matchdays left to see how this all is going to finish.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:24 am

Fénix wrote:Come on guys, even I have been exhausted for the last 6-7 days and have no will for anything, not those guys who have no real break at all and train almost every single day and take care of many things, diet regime, sleep, rest, etc.

Even if we lose, so what? Have we become permanent Bundesliga champions or what? :D :-k
I mean, look at our success in German competitions. Historically, no other team in any other league has achieved such greats results in both domestic league and cup except Juventus that can be compared with us in top 8 leagues.

I can even understand some criticism after the last 40-50 days of our weak display on the pitch and being unable to keep the clean sheet. But then again... we know how our season roster was covered up after Thiago, Perišić and Coutinho and honestly, I would take every single day all 3 rather than Sarr, Costa and Chupo-Moting even though the latter is definitely decent and he's doing his job just fine when we see how many minutes he has played so far, but that's just not it.

You win national championships in late spring, not early winter. Therefore, we still have 22-23 matchdays left to see how this all is going to finish.
All true, but no, he is not doing fine... He’s pretty bad...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga