You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-05-17] Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:30 pm

1. FC Union Berlin will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2020-05-17] Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 17, 2020 8:13 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Box-to-box midfielders usually contribute on both boxes...

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

He did much better in the 25 minutes he got in the second half. It seemed to me that he was playing further up then, like a CAM almost. Not sure if he was meant to be playing there all along but it didn’t look like it in the first half.
Hahaha my point is that Goretzka never ever contributes anything away from the opposition's box.

I know. ;) Was adding on to your comment by noting he seemed to have taken on a more offensive role tactically, and did better that way.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 17, 2020 10:45 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Alexander » Mon May 18, 2020 5:56 am

We got the three points and that is the important thing. The rust was obvious. I have not been a fan of Kimmich in midfield but I think he is getting better and better, still not totally convinced though.
Alexander
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Alexander » Mon May 18, 2020 6:00 am

We kept a clean sheet and Boateng was decent but I hope to see Lucas Hernandez beside Alaba.
Alexander
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 18, 2020 7:29 am

Alexander wrote:We got the three points and that is the important thing. The rust was obvious. I have not been a fan of Kimmich in midfield but I think he is getting better and better, still not totally convinced though.
He did his job well yesterday. He’s not as noticeable as he used to be in RB but he did his job. I think he will end up becoming one of those great midfielders who are crucial to the team but are often not appreciated enough, like Busquets.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Alexander » Mon May 18, 2020 7:55 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Alexander wrote:We got the three points and that is the important thing. The rust was obvious. I have not been a fan of Kimmich in midfield but I think he is getting better and better, still not totally convinced though.
He did his job well yesterday. He’s not as noticeable as he used to be in RB but he did his job. I think he will end up becoming one of those great midfielders who are crucial to the team but are often not appreciated enough, like Busquets.

I hope you are right. Still I fear it won’t be enough against the very best.
Alexander
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 18, 2020 7:56 am

I’m not convinced yet either and I’ve often criticised the decision to play him there, but he seems to be growing into the role under Flick’s guidance and is definitely the best partner to Thiago we’ve had this season.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Mon May 18, 2020 8:02 am

The biggest Kimmich's problem is that he lost 4 years being played out of his position(14/15, 17/18, 18/19). Only under Ancelotti he was a regular midfielder and how could not his development suffer after such a long time.

Schweinsteiger had suffered for 7 years before finally someone put him in central midfield as a pro. :)
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 18, 2020 8:08 am

Fénix wrote:The biggest Kimmich's problem is that he lost 4 years being played out of his position(14/15, 17/18, 18/19). Only under Ancelotti he was a regular midfielder and how could not his development suffer after such a long time.

Schweinsteiger had suffered for 7 years before finally someone put him in central midfield as a pro. :)
I wouldn’t necessarily agree... the skills he developed as a defender are bound to help him.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Mon May 18, 2020 8:33 am

You are missing the point here from Kimmich's point of view; he played out of his position for 4 years under Guardiola, Heynckes and Kovač and has always wanted to play there where he plays this season and in 2016/2017.
That's why he has started to play last and this season once again in midfield under Kovač, now Flick and this remains permanent until Bayern doesn't lose 6-7 players due to injury and has to cover holes in the last line until they recover.
The same thing would be right now if he were played as a striker or a winger, he would have said the same thing about learning and helping him as a player.
Lewandowski said the same for Jürgen Klopp when he was used behind Barrios as no. 10 in some matches, didn't quite like that idea and decision, but the Pole actually learned a lot from that position to be what he is - a striker, not AM. :D
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:02 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Davies is not his self....
I think it is cause of too much Insta

In the 80s: "It's too much of that hard rock music!“

In the 90s: "It's too much money!"

In the 2000s: "It’s too much internet!"

In the 2010s: "It's too much Social Media!"

Basically always: "Too many women!"

Old people have always complained about these things...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby longeleven » Mon May 18, 2020 11:09 am

Fénix wrote:You are missing the point here from Kimmich's point of view; he played out of his position for 4 years under Guardiola, Heynckes and Kovač and has always wanted to play there where he plays this season and in 2016/2017.
That's why he has started to play last and this season once again in midfield under Kovač, now Flick and this remains permanent until Bayern doesn't lose 6-7 players due to injury and has to cover holes in the last line until they recover.
The same thing would be right now if he were played as a striker or a winger, he would have said the same thing about learning and helping him as a player.
Lewandowski said the same for Jürgen Klopp when he was used behind Barrios as no. 10 in some matches, didn't quite like that idea and decision, but the Pole actually learned a lot from that position to be what he is - a striker, not AM. :D

For Kimmich, I don't think he lacks of vision or something like that for playing midfield. He is clever and smart enough to play there, his passing is dope as well.
The only thing he lacks for the defensive midfield is muscle, he is a bit weak compare to another midfield within the team, not name any top tier around the world.
He is aggressive enough to fight or throwing a dirty punch if needed but he needs more muscle and power for it.
I remember the times he tried to stop Poulsen by tackling and pulling shirt but RB player just keep running. Kimmich was lying there watching opponent face to face with CBs, that was so pathetic. :cry:
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon May 18, 2020 1:01 pm

longeleven wrote:
Fénix wrote:You are missing the point here from Kimmich's point of view; he played out of his position for 4 years under Guardiola, Heynckes and Kovač and has always wanted to play there where he plays this season and in 2016/2017.

For Kimmich, I don't think he lacks of vision or something like that for playing midfield. He is clever and smart enough to play there, his passing is dope as well.
The only thing he lacks for the defensive midfield is muscle, he is a bit weak compare to another midfield within the team, not name any top tier around the world.
He is aggressive enough to fight or throwing a dirty punch if needed but he needs more muscle and power for it.
I remember the times he tried to stop Poulsen by tackling and pulling shirt but RB player just keep running. Kimmich was lying there watching opponent face to face with CBs, that was so pathetic. :cry:

I was about to question his defensive mindset, especially talking about tackling. For a defensive midfielder, he's putting just 1,6 tackles per game, which is one of his biggest weaknesses - compare this to the:
3,3 tackles per game for Casemiro,
2,1 for Fabinho,
2,4 for Jorginho,
2,5 for Thomas,
3 for Declan Rice,
2,5 for Brozovic and
4 per game for Camavinga.

Flick is playing with the defenders being in 45,4 meters (he's 1'st in that category from all of the coaches in the top 5 leagues) away from the goalkeeper, so it's super important to have a DM who's stopping the attacks via fouls or tackles, and he's not doing exactly a good job here. I don't want to put the interceptions numbers, because it's too much work for me at the moment, but I assure you that they are similar to these numbers.

The other thing that he's not good is the fast decision making - he has to stop the ball, look at his teammates, and then he's looking to pass the ball, which at all takes around 3 or 4 seconds. Now, I believe you remember Xabi Alonso and despite being in the last 2 years of his career, how great was his passing since day 1 (his problem was his lack of speed back then, which is pretty normal for a 33-year-old player) - he's just got the feeling about his teammates, and where are they on the pitch in every second of the game. As a person who played mainly as a DM/CDM back in the days, I can guarantee you that this is something that cannot be learned - you either got it or not. The problem is that often under pressure, he's making mistakes which are leading to dangerous situations in front of our goalie, and this is the last thing that you want from the player who is (or should be) your main motor of the midfield.

He's good at everything else, but he should work a lot if he wants to be one of the best in the world. :roll:
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon May 18, 2020 1:49 pm

#12 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Davies is not his self....
I think it is cause of too much Insta

In the 80s: "It's too much of that hard rock music!“

In the 90s: "It's too much money!"

In the 2000s: "It’s too much internet!"

In the 2010s: "It's too much Social Media!"

Basically always: "Too many women!"

Old people have always complained about these things...
Ramsej es not even old though

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 18, 2020 2:23 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Ramsej es not even old though

He is 36 in human years but 136 in ideology. :P
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga