You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The crucial third spot

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

The crucial third spot

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:31 am

Stuttgart and Bayern still have an outside shot at the title, should both of the favourites implode, but more likely they'll be battling for third place and a chance to qualify for the Champions League.

Stuttgart's main problem is the absence of their main offensive weapon, striker Mario Gomez, who's out for around five weeks with injuries. As last week's loss to Schalke showed, it's impossible to win games without scoring any goals.

But Bayern have the far tougher schedule. They play three of their last eight games against current top-five teams, compared to Stuttgart's one, and have the additional burden of Champions League matches in early April against AC Milan.

The crucial date here is April 21, when the two teams lock horns in Stuttgart. If the hosts get a result, Bayern could well fail to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 1995.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Longsword » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:03 pm

It is crucial for bayern's reputatuion
Longsword
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Duncan » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:46 pm

Failing to qualify for the CL would a small "Super Gau" not financially but in terms of image, prestige and attractiveness for other players. Bayern always had a CL guarantee as one of their arguments in player talks. But with Gomez out for weeks Bayern should have the edge against Stuttgart
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 pm

To take at least the third place is the only way to save our season :?
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:44 pm

We deserve what we got so far , judging on the way we play, 4th place for us.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:56 pm

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:To take at least the third place is the only way to save our season :?

I really don't think that's possible now...
It would need a miracle.....But, I do believe in miracles...;)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Miss Dangerous » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:18 pm

So do I! :o

Midfielder Roberto Hilbert's 53rd minute goal was enough to give Stuttgart the three points which allowed them to leapfrog Werder Bremen.

"That was a thankless win," Veh said. "Playing the league's bottom side really puts you under pressure and you feel the expectation to get three points."

Stuttgart's win means Bayern Munich are now virtually sure to miss out on a Champions League place next season after they lost 2-1 at home to Hamburg.

Bayern coach Ottmar Hitzfeld said: "The disappointment is huge. We didn't work hard enough and we were not firm enough in attack, while in midfield we lost too many personal battles."
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SweetLeisha » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:13 pm

We do play worse than them. Managers have to face who we are now. IF we get the 3rd spot, they may not do things what happen now.So UEFA Cup is not so bad.
SweetLeisha
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Paddy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:33 pm

SweetLeisha wrote:We do play worse than them. Managers have to face who we are now. IF we get the 3rd spot, they may not do things what happen now.So UEFA Cup is not so bad.

UEFA cup isn´t bad its a disaster...can u imagine REAL teams like milan, barca, man utd, liverpool play in uefa cup? I sure don´t...
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby bayern1301 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:50 pm

Paddy wrote:
SweetLeisha wrote:We do play worse than them. Managers have to face who we are now. IF we get the 3rd spot, they may not do things what happen now.So UEFA Cup is not so bad.

UEFA cup isn´t bad its a disaster...can u imagine REAL teams like milan, barca, man utd, liverpool play in uefa cup? I sure don´t...

completely agree with you but that is why bayern are completely renewing our, relagating our loser players to other team or to the reserves and exchanging them with talent and players worthy of putting a bayern shirt.

we sure wont be able to defend our uefa cup title the season after the next :D... because why?.... the CL will be upon us and we will fight along side the best teams in the world once again and hopefully give them their money's worth too.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:57 pm

Paddy wrote:

Liverpool won the UEFA Cup in 2001, no?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue May 01, 2007 1:21 am

MUTU wrote:
Paddy wrote:

Liverpool won the UEFA Cup in 2001, no?

yup and Michael Owen won Ballon D'Or
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue May 01, 2007 1:21 am

to add to that...they also beat us in the European super cup final..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Tue May 01, 2007 6:46 am

fanOfBayern wrote:to add to that...they also beat us in the European super cup final..

I saw that game, 3-2 final score :x Jancker was the sh!t then. I think he scored both goals I'm not sure, but I'm sure he scored one
FC Bajern

Postby Walls » Tue May 01, 2007 7:50 am

FC Bajern wrote:
fanOfBayern wrote:to add to that...they also beat us in the European super cup final..

I saw that game, 3-2 final score :x Jancker was the sh!t then. I think he scored both goals I'm not sure, but I'm sure he scored one

ye i remember that.
WALLS™ CEO OF METAL - F$CK with the bull,you get the horn.
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Next

Return to Bundesliga