You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-11-09] Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:11 am

Schalke 04 will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
44%
Bayern Munich will win
56%

Total votes : 9

[2008-11-09] Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Postby shwas55 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:11 am

Well This is one of the big ones.
The question is are we going to continue our winning streak in the Bundesliga, or we gonna have another Bremen set back?
So far we havent beaten any of the big teams. We drew with HSV and Dortmund and we got ran over by Bremen at home.
Schalke are 4th on the table just a point behind us and being a home game you will think they will be aiming to get three points and nothing else, they have been undefeated in 8 matches so they are in a good form.

Lets hope we can bring the 3 points back home with us and get closer to the top of the table.

BTW Toni should be available for this match.
Last edited by MUTU on Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited the post to follow our standard - http://www.bayernforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1839#p21382
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Schalke v Bayern

Postby shwas55 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:13 am

I hope i got it right this time MUTU, if i didnt im sure you will take care of it after all you are the expert :D
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:33 pm

We never looked good at the Veltins-Arena , except last year's win we lost there or got a hard-fought draw every time.Luca is gonnna be back in this game for sure and maybe Lahm will be there as well , so that makes me optimistic , I predict a 2-1 win , we'll get back into the game after we trail by 0-1 with another great second half effort. 8)
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:01 pm

Schalke Confident Ahead Of Bayern Clash
Schalke trainer Fred Rutten has revealed that his side are confident of getting a positive result this weekend in their glamour clash with visitors Bayern Munich.
Following on from a creditable draw on Thursday in Spain against Racing Santander in the Uefa Cup, the Königsblauen will look to get all three points against a resurgent Bayern, who have won their last four Bundesliga matches.

“Obviously we want to win at home” the Dutch trainer explained. “The lads are up for it, I can sense that. But we shouldn't overstate the importance of the game. The title race won't be won or lost on Sunday” he added.

Schalke are currently fourth in the table just one point behind their title rivals, but Rutten believes they are in a key stage in their development and reckons they are well set-up to take on the Bavarians.

“After eight games without a defeat we are confident. The outcome of the Bayern game won't change that. Bayern didn't enjoy the best of starts, but Bayern have shown what they're capable of just recently.

“They have lots of experience, they're a good footballing side and they're in good form" Rutten continued. “But the same can be said of us, so it's bound to be a good game” he concluded.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:41 pm

shwas55 wrote:I hope i got it right this time MUTU, if i didnt im sure you will take care of it after all you are the expert :D

Thanks for opening up the topic!

You were almost right :P Subject changed from "Schalke v Bayern" to "[2008-11-09] Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich" and poll changed to allow re-voting. And I set it to sticky, which you can't do yourself.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:56 pm

MrLinky wrote:We never looked good at the Veltins-Arena , except last year's win we lost there or got a hard-fought draw every time.

Well said!
It won't be an easy match. They also won their last 2 Bundesliga matches.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shwas55 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:56 pm

MUTU wrote:
Thanks for opening up the topic!

You were almost right :P Subject changed from "Schalke v Bayern" to "[2008-11-09] Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich" and poll changed to allow re-voting. And I set it to sticky, which you can't do yourself.

Ah well i tried, im sure i will get it right next time [-o<

i doubt Lahm will be playing but Toni will be there.
I hope Oddo wont be playing though, he has been very poor, especially going forward
shwas55
I post all the time

Re: [2008-11-09] Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:00 pm

Maybe Lahm will come on in the last 15 mins to get some match fitness back.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:28 pm

Lahm wasnt on the flight to Gelsenkirchen , according to Klinsmann its too early for him , he just returned from injury.
Podolski and Schweini are also gonna be missing this match , lets hope Kroos gets a chance from the beginning on. =D>
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:52 pm

MrLinky wrote:Lahm wasnt on the flight to Gelsenkirchen , according to Klinsmann its too early for him , he just returned from injury.
Podolski and Schweini are also gonna be missing this match , lets hope Kroos gets a chance from the beginning on. =D>

Why are schweini and poldi out? are they injured?
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:23 pm

shwas55 wrote:Why are schweini and poldi out? are they injured?

Yea , both are carrying minor injuries out of the Fiorentina match which will make them unable to play tomorrow.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby walter » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:30 pm

That means Kroos will play!!!
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:32 am

My prediction- totally surprising demolition, Scheisse 0:5 Bayern. I don`t know why, but I have feelings that tells me that! If not 5, than 3+. Toni, Ribery, Kroos, Micho and Ze to score. :)

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:35 am

My dream line up- Rensing- ZE, Micho, Lucio, Lell- MvB- Ribery, Kroos, Boro- Toni, Klose.. It is just like www.goal.com prediction.

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:21 am

walter wrote:That means Kroos will play!!!

Who knows , Klinsi is full of surprises , maybe its gonna be Sosa appearing in the starting XI in tomorrow's match.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Next

Return to Bundesliga