You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-11-09] Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:11 am

Schalke 04 will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
44%
Bayern Munich will win
56%

Total votes : 9

Re: [2008-11-09] Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:22 am

By the way, I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet: great 4th official :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Beckenbauer: We Had That Extra Bit Of Luck

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:29 am

Bayern Munich supremo Franz Beckenbauer was delighted with the victory over Schalke on the weekend, but acknowledged that the result was a bit harsh on their opponents.

A flurry of early goals decided the match as Bayern Munich jumped into second place, leaving Schalke back in sixth. Following a fast-paced and exciting first half that saw an opener from Luca Toni after three minutes, an equalizer from Jefferson Farfan two minutes later and then Franck Ribery restore the visitors' lead after half an hour, Schalke and Bayern slowly played out the second half with neither side seriously threatening their opponents' goal until the final minutes. The score, however, remained the same.

"A win is always deserved somehow, but there was an element of luck involved today as well," he stated. "Both goals were perfectly played out which was wonderful to observe. But after that we did too little.

"Schalke were the more energetic team throughout, but just couldn't hit the goal. If they had been more effective with their corners and freekicks, they could have got one or two more."

Club director Uli Hoeneß was decidedly more emphatic in his pronouncements when he said: "We knew we'd be right in the thck of things if we won today and that's exactly what happened.

"This victory was important for our self confidence and sense of team.

"The whole of Bavaria has to take a leadership role again, not only in terms of politics but also on the field.

"I really get the sense that we're headed in the right direction."
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:30 am

MUTU wrote:By the way, I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet: great 4th official :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Bibiana Steinhaus , not bad. :D http://br.oleole.com/media/main/images/blogs/images/group1/subgrp4/blogimg_170_662_20070618150147.jpg
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:39 am

I disagree, Schlake didnt deserved anything out of this game.
The only clear cut chances they had were couple of long distance shots and the free kick in extra time, you could have position all day long but if you dont create chances you dont score.

I dont know why people didnt like the physicality of the match, i thought it was ok, we didnt cross the limits no one got sent off, we did what we had to stop their attacks before they get close to the box and we didnt give more than 1 or 2 free kicks in dangerous position.

As for Borowski when i said he controlled the midfield (i didnt mean the way ballack controls the midfield) i meant he broke their attacks nearly every time, with good tackles he only got one yellow( which was for diving), and didnt let alot of balls into the box, just what a hard DM should do.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:24 am

I think Schalke moved the ball a lot better. If it wasn't for Ribery we would've lost the game no question. Funny how the resurgence of Bayern coincided with Ribery back to good form...Now, if we can only get Toni back to business...
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:40 am

shwas55 wrote:The only clear cut chances they had were couple of long distance shots and the free kick in extra time

Point is, Bayern had only 3 chances... on a normal day we'd have scored 1 goal.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Bundesliga