You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-11-09] Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:11 am

Schalke 04 will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
44%
Bayern Munich will win
56%

Total votes : 9

Re: [2008-11-09] Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Postby Hawkeye » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:12 am

I think this might be one of the toughest matches of the year for Bayern, and It wouldn't surprise me at all if each team had a player sent off. It recon it will be a very, very hard fought win for Bayern, with maybe ... Toni scoring in injury time to seal the win. Unfortunately I have an anatomy and physiology exam tomorrow for Uni, so I wont be able to watch the match, but I think it will be an absolute heart pounding experience, haha.
Hawkeye
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:18 am

MrLinky wrote:Who knows , Klinsi is full of surprises , maybe its gonna be Sosa appearing in the starting XI in tomorrow's match.

I hope not, but you might be right since Maradona is in munich to watch demi and sosa play klinsi might give sosa a long stint on the pitch.
Personally though i think Kroos is ahead of sosa in the picking order, he has been very good when he came in the last two matches.

Schweinsteiger being out is a huge blow for us, he really has been one of our best players this season, lets hope he recovers quickly
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:21 pm

Unfortunately I have an anatomy and physiology exam tomorrow for Uni, so I wont be able to watch the match, but I think it will be an absolute heart pounding experience, haha.

Good Luck :!:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:03 pm

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?match ... art=sports

Streams for game. There are much streams. I`ll use TVU- GolTV!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:13 pm

I have a bad feeling about this game. Hopefully I'm wrong!
It will be interesting to see how Toni will play.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:25 pm

The formation *I* would like to see (but it's not gonna happen):

-------------Toni-----------------------
-----------------Klose------------------
---Ribery------------------------Kroos--
------------Ze--------Bommel-----------
Lell-----------------------------Breno---
------------Lucio-----Demichellis--------
----------------Rensing-----------------
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:07 pm

ISANITY!!!! 1-1 not even 5 min into the game!!!!
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby shwas55 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:01 pm

Great win, important 3 points.
we controlled the match from the start, and we deserved the 3 points.

Rensing was very good but he really has a problem with high balls he just cant judge them right he looks unsure he takes half a step and then he goes back, he really needs to work on that.

I liked how Klose was tackling and breaking up their attacks in their own half, that was important.

Borowski was great too he really controlled the midfield.

Ribery was also great his runs are just too good.

You know i wouldnt mind us buying Jones in the winter, he really is a good player he was involved in most of their attacks, and broke up alot of ours, i think he will fit perfectly in MVB place [-o<
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:18 pm

A "dirty" win , but so important , this might have been the turning point in this year's Bundesliga.Hoffenheim lost to Hertha and Leverkusen only managed to get a draw out of Karlsruhe which means we're only 1 point away from the first place.
Ribery is unstoppable , you can never judge what he's gonna do next. Kroos with a good performance as well , worked very well defensively , something we werent used seeing from him in past matches.I also liked Rensing in goal , as shwas mentioned its only the high balls that are causing problems for him , if he improves on that I dont see anything thats gonna stop him from being one of the best in his position.I feel bad for Sosa , he should have made it 3-1 but it seems like nothing's working in his favor. :|
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby thulkazal » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:19 pm

All I can say nice game

Bommel looked as nice DM xD at last =D>

For me Kroos made nice game and Rensing did well but was unsure in some situations ...
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:25 pm

shwas55 wrote:Borowski was great too he really controlled the midfield.

Only thing Borowski controlled was the feet of the Schalke players , kept fouling them in unnecassary situations , he has scored some important goals this season , but his performances are improvable , defensively he's a nightmare which makes him unsuitable for the position he's playing right now , but we're lacking other options.I have to say I liked Otll a lot after his substitution though , we did a lot better in winning balls in midfield after his substitution.
I alos have to mention van Bommel who was back to his best today , thats the way I wanna see the captain of Bayern fight !
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:32 pm

This game kind of sucked simply because there were too many fouls committed. Anyway... this was also the second worst game of Bayern after the Bremen match. Yes, imo it was the second worst game. First of all Bayern did NOT control the match and especially the midfield. Second (and this is why it was not a good match for Bayern), Bayern rarely kept possession, not even for a minute. Too many long balls, loose passes and the strikers were left alone, deserted. Toni did not help either in keeping possession of the ball. He receives the ball, he goes down, play continues. What basically Bayern did was defend from the beginning of the match, this time instead of a 'Frankfurt' playing with the whole team behind the ball at the Allianz Arena, it was Bayern. What I really liked from Bayern though is their efficiency. 3 chances, 2 goals and 1 post which finally is the most important thing; that they won. Ribery was fanstastic and this time his was the saviour. :)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:31 pm

Good first half, I liked it, I think, that neutral football fans liked it too. But I hated all dives.. Boro dive was awful. Deserved yellow. Second half was boooooring. Sosa hit the post, we should play him more. Anyway, this was game "all or nothing"..

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:04 am

mackoy wrote:This game kind of sucked simply because there were too many fouls committed. Anyway... this was also the second worst game of Bayern after the Bremen match. Yes, imo it was the second worst game. First of all Bayern did NOT control the match and especially the midfield. Second (and this is why it was not a good match for Bayern), Bayern rarely kept possession, not even for a minute. Too many long balls, loose passes and the strikers were left alone, deserted. Toni did not help either in keeping possession of the ball. He receives the ball, he goes down, play continues. What basically Bayern did was defend from the beginning of the match, this time instead of a 'Frankfurt' playing with the whole team behind the ball at the Allianz Arena, it was Bayern. What I really liked from Bayern though is their efficiency. 3 chances, 2 goals and 1 post which finally is the most important thing; that they won. Ribery was fanstastic and this time his was the saviour. :)

Agreed 100%.
I thought Schalke deserved at least a draw. They had more possession and more chances.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:07 am

MrLinky wrote:Kroos with a good performance as well , worked very well defensively , something we werent used seeing from him in past matches.

Again sorry for sounding so negative, but I was very disappointed by Kroos' performance. Against Bielefeld, he had really helped the team, giving a number of very well taken corners and crosses, which were nowhere to be seen against Schalke, even though in his defence he was fouled several times as soon as he got to the ball, and was never allowed space or time.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga