You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-09-11] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:30 pm

RasenBallsport Leipzig will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
14%
Bayern Munich will win
86%

Total votes : 7

Re: [2021-09-11] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:59 pm

America USA wrote:Still too early to label this team unstoppable.

Of course it is, and no team will ever be. :D

It was my hyperbolic way of saying we are looking better than in a long time. Yes, I think better even than under Flick. At the moment we look excellent in almost every department. The only thing that's still lacking is frequent clean sheets but still we look much better defensively.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby CiriacoS » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:01 pm

Sabitzer did exactly what had to be done at that stage of the game - make ugly but necessary tackles, disrupt the opponents rhythm, provide support to our defence. You could see he is an experienced mature player.

He almost even scored.
CiriacoS
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:02 pm

Achilles wrote:Naggelsman football is interesting. I'm very satisfied from what I'm seeing even if it's way too early but the football we are playing and the players are already in order therefore my expectations are very high for the rest of the season.

Also, he just isn't afraid to change things up. What you said about moving Sane to the left is precisely an example of that, but he does it with subs too. I like that a lot.

Flick was fantastic and I was really mad we let him go, but he was also stubborn. If something doesn't work 10 times, you don't do it again an 11th time believing naively it might work this time. That seemed to be a big issue last season whereas Nagelsmann seems happy to come up with something new if need be.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby CiriacoS » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:02 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
America USA wrote:Still too early to label this team unstoppable.

Of course it is, and no team will ever be. :D

It was my hyperbolic way of saying we are looking better than in a long time. Yes, I think better even than under Flick. At the moment we look excellent in almost every department. The only thing that's still lacking is frequent clean sheets but still we look much better defensively.
We may have been better offensively but I feel much much more comfortable with our current defensive game than under Flick.

Still, its very early to say anything.
CiriacoS
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby CiriacoS » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:06 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Achilles wrote:Naggelsman football is interesting. I'm very satisfied from what I'm seeing even if it's way too early but the football we are playing and the players are already in order therefore my expectations are very high for the rest of the season.

Also, he just isn't afraid to change things up. What you said about moving Sane to the left is precisely an example of that, but he does it with subs too. I like that a lot.

Flick was fantastic and I was really mad we let him go, but he was also stubborn. If something doesn't work 10 times, you don't do it again an 11th time believing naively it might work this time. That seemed to be a big issue last season whereas Nagelsmann seems happy to come up with something new if need be.
Flick was very bad at making necessary subs on time. He almost never got them right. He was just so inclined to stick with his chosen 11 at times it seemed like he is afraid to change anything. And that is something which could cost you a lot.

Also, giving chance to youngsters and rotating was not something he liked to do.

Nagelsmann on the other hand looks much more flexible and much less stubborn.
CiriacoS
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Alexander » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:07 pm

Well done boys! Sané is doing what I have been waiting for. Upa-Lucas probably our starting central defense. So far it is looking good :) .
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:15 pm

Yeah, good luck seeing Stanisic in MIDFIELD under Flick.
Probably it would have been Stanisic to RB, Sule to CD and Alaba to MF.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:01 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:13 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:I still think he needs to be more influential in the game itself… Sounds weird cause his stats DO influence it, but you know what I mean…
Give him some time, the boy doesn't even hold a driving licence yet
I AM, I was just pointing it out
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:16 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:[quote="FCBayernMunchen"][quote="PunkCapitalist"]That's just not true. Chelski, Shitty, and QSG would be immediate competition (60-40 chances at best). Manure and Madrid (70-30) would be far more of a competition than BVB or RBL. Atlético? Juve?

You choose to include (imo overrate) Chelsea. Fair enough. I am convinced we'd win the vast majority of games against them. I mentioned City and PSG too.

I meant to include Man United in my second list but left them out. They are among the teams who will beat us every now and then but we will win the majority of games against them. Out of those teams, maybe the ones I am underrating are Real Madrid and Liverpool who maybe might be up there with City and PSG... but I don't think so.

No way we would struggle vs the current Juve and Atletico. I expect to win just as many times against them as we do vs Dortmund. In fact, I'd fully expect Dortmund to beat both if they were to play against them this season. Juve in particular are really bad right now.

As for comparing them to the second best competitors in the BL: not at all. That may be your view but going off just last season's table is inadequate imo. Earlier this week I posted on this thread exactly what I think of Leipzig: they're not good anymore. I don't expect they will even finish in the top 4 in the Bundesliga this season. In fact, I'm kind of disappointed we're leading only by one goal/penalty right now.
You're missing my point, which is that Dortmund may beat us maybe 1 in each 10 games, while the ESL would have a good 5 teams that would have chances better than 4/10.

And that's BVB. Leipzig has an even worse chance of winning against us.
Tbh, Dortmund really underperform against us. They’re better than constant losses (and big ones) show, imo. Maybe you disagree.

But you’re also ignoring that other teams DO beat us too. I think in a league format we’d win most seasons too; it’s not like that with the CL because KOs are much harder to win for the best teams and much easier to fluke for worse teams.[/quote]We lost a grand total of 4 games last season.[/quote]Which is bang average in the history of BuLi and probably most other leagues as well…
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:19 pm

vtotheinay wrote:what an upset. leipzig has a better squad than us, but we were able to persevere and defeat goliath today
Funny, why don’t you argue with Loddar?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:24 am

The talk about our lack of depth and Leipzig having more quality on the bench seems strange to me. Looking at the substitutions yesterday tell me another story. Haidara, Forsberg,Poulsen, Gavrdiol and Klostermann are worse than Sule, Musiala,EMCM,Sabitzer and Stanizic. Atleast in my opinion.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:42 am

EMCM proved again how valuable he can be as a Lewy sub. He got a lot of hate here initially but I think after putting 2 past PSG with Lewy out, and consistently allowing our momentum to carry in matches when Lewy gets subbed, he should at least get some credit.

We don’t lose steam up front after the sub, he manages to be involved and continue the goal threat after Lewy leaves the pitch.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:11 am

zozon wrote:But we dont have Boateng TO SPREAD WIDE BALLS!!!

Or to win World Cups, Quintuples and Sextuples :D

But I guess he sucks and has just been in the right place at the right time. Lucky guy he is !!!
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby zozon » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:40 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
zozon wrote:But we dont have Boateng TO SPREAD WIDE BALLS!!!

Or to win World Cups, Quintuples and Sextuples :D

But I guess he sucks and has just been in the right place at the right time. Lucky guy he is !!!

Whats your point? Upamecano still not won those trophies make him a worse player currently?

Boateng has been reliable for seasons now, he had to go. Almost all for what he was praised on this forum recently was that - long balls. Thus my post.

Stop sleeping on old trophies. He BARELY found a new club, so dont tell me how old trophies can merit anything in 2021. Clubs are not stupid. They want players that can actually better the squad, not looking what they have won.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga