You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-09-14] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:30 pm

RasenBallsport Leipzig will win
33%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
67%

Total votes : 6

Re: [2019-09-14] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby Effenberg777 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:31 pm

Stop speaking like we lost it with 5 0. Is the start of the season
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:35 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:why you put a 18 years old Davies in such an important game, when you have Perisic sitting on the bench ?

He rested him for the CL :lol: :lol: :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:36 pm

MoFattal wrote:Kovac’ half time talk was probably: “keep it up lads.”

Do you have microphones in the dressing room? Look, I don't like Kovac either, but this is unfair.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:37 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:OK, let's put aside the 3 minutes that he gave to Phil.

But why you put a 18 years old Davies in such an important game, when you have Perisic sitting on the bench ?

We started great and he was on point with 90% of the game in the first half, but he messed up the second.

The better question would be why buy Perisic in the first place if you don't intend to play him in a game where "experience" supposedly counts? It just makes no sense.

Also we just bought another "star player" the coach did not really want and does not really know how to use and would rather sub in an 18 year old in a position where said "star player" can also supposedly play...
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:37 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:Stop speaking like we lost it with 5 0. Is the start of the season

Result-wise, a point away to Leipzig is not bad, but that’s not the point. What’s worrying, and has been so for the past year, is the fact that Kovac has no tactical flexibility whatsoever to be able to change a game. None. He just keeps playing the same thing over and over again hoping it works out. Tactically, we saw two, or even three, different Leipzig teams tonight, but only one Bayern. That is not mentioning the continued ineffecient use of subs by Kovac.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby longeleven » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:38 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:Stop speaking like we lost it with 5 0. Is the start of the season

also, 5 is the time Kimmich use his whole body to block the running of RBL's players down to the middle, and ofc fail miserablly :mrgreen:

I'm chill anyway :wink:

Perisic and Coutinho on the bench and use that Canada boi, oh gosh kovac :D
longeleven
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:39 pm

MUTU wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:why you put a 18 years old Davies in such an important game, when you have Perisic sitting on the bench ?

He rested him for the CL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shouldn't the opposite be true? We're playing Crvena zvezda at home, which is the perfect time to give some playing time to players like Davies and Cuisance, and to play Perisic against Leipzig, because he's more used to play under pressure ?!?

Aaah, I get it. I shouldn't be asking too much. At the end of the day, I'm just a fan, and he's the coach. :roll:
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MoFattal » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:42 pm

MUTU wrote:

Do you have microphones in the dressing room? Look, I don't like Kovac either, but this is unfair.

I’ve given him deserved credit for the great first half tactics (not that he gives a f!ck, but I do). But the second half isn’t usually called the “manager’s half” for no reason. I didn’t actually notice any sort of adjustment after the break. They changed their playstyle and became a whole lot more dangerous. We sticked to our same game plan and were much less dangerous. Chances-wise, they had as much as clear-cut chances as we did, and Werner managed to screw threw of those by himself.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:43 pm

Oh good, that one was adapted from the transfer window right?
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:11 pm

theundead wrote:They were the better team in the second half. Kovac can't adapt. Also our attack is useless except for lewa
Coman had a great game, although he should play on the left.

Overall, horrendous lineup. Everyone was playing out of position.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby munchen99 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:17 pm

MoFattal wrote:This game is the perfect example of how a good coach can actually impact a game. Nagelsmann, a coach who’s “not yet ready for Bayern”, took note of his problems in the first half and sent out a completely different side in the second. Kovac’ half time talk was probably: “keep it up lads.”

After the change by Nagelsmann to 4 defenders, we should have moved to 451 but Kovac stuck to his 433 and we were overrun. 433 worked great against a 3 man backline, but was completely useless as soon as Nagelsmann made the change. This isn't a sub issue, this is a coach not adapting his tactics to the situation issue. Jesus Christ Kovac you said we are flexible and can play so many tactical formations --> then USE THEM!
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:26 pm

MoFattal wrote:
MUTU wrote:

I’ve given him deserved credit for the great first half tactics (not that he gives a f!ck, but I do). But the second half isn’t usually called the “manager’s half” for no reason. I didn’t actually notice any sort of adjustment after the break. They changed their playstyle and became a whole lot more dangerous. We sticked to our same game plan and were much less dangerous. Chances-wise, they had as much as clear-cut chances as we did, and Werner managed to screw threw of those by himself.

Eh, I always find that argument overrated.

One other way of seeing it is that Kovac had great tactics and didn't need to change much. Nagelsmann was totally schooled with the starting tactics, and then he managed to stop himself getting ridiculed. That's hardly him winning, but him saving his own ass IMO.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:31 pm

MUTU wrote:
MoFattal wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="MoFattal"]Kovac’ half time talk was probably: “keep it up lads.”

Eh, I always find that argument overrated.

One other way of seeing it is that Kovac had great tactics and didn't need to change much. Nagelsmann was totally schooled with the starting tactics, and then he managed to stop himself getting ridiculed. That's hardly him winning, but him saving his own ass IMO.[/quote]

Both are important and ideally you’d have a coach who has the upper hand at all stages but often it’s more important to have a coach capable of turning it around when things go wrong than one who manages to start off right but has no idea how to stop the opponents from turning it around.

I think a lot of the reason behind Kovac “winning” the tactical battle in the first half so well was the very early goal, btw, which would have completely disrupted Nagelsmann’s plan. If we hadn’t scored so early I suspect we’d have seen a “Bayern at Anfield” performance at best, and a second half copy at worst. But of course this is just my guess and impossible to prove.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:47 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think a lot of the reason behind Kovac “winning” the tactical battle in the first half so well was the very early goal, btw, which would have completely disrupted Nagelsmann’s plan. If we hadn’t scored so early I suspect we’d have seen a “Bayern at Anfield” performance at best, and a second half copy at worst. But of course this is just my guess and impossible to prove.

Yes that's always impossible to prove. Likewise, if Gnabry had scored at least once from the highly presentable balls he received in the first half, it could have been a very different second half.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:41 pm

So it looks like it was a very good first half and poor second one. Kind of like last season.

At least we got a good result.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga