You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

MAGATH TO CHASE DOWN BAYERN

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

MAGATH TO CHASE DOWN BAYERN

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:14 pm

New Wolfsburg coach Felix Magath is determined to take his new employers to a position where they can challenge his former club Bayern Munich.

Although the Wolves have spent the last two seasons struggling in the lower reaches of the Bundesliga, the 53-year-old is certain he can turn their fortunes around.

And he is not just setting his sights on consolidation either.

"I am certain this club can get right to the very top, and we cannot be aiming at mid-table," said Magath, who led Bayern to consecutive league and cup doubles before being sacked in February.

"For me, the only things which count are titles."

Wolfsburg do not have the financial resources of Bayern but they are set to spend 15 million euros this summer on team strengthening.

"I am not saying we will challenge Bayern Munich for the title next season, but our mid-term aims have got to be to do that," added Magath.

"It will take a few years to get up there, but I have the intention of sticking with this club more than just three years.

"Not many clubs can offer the structural possibilities which there are at Wolfsburg.

"I was delighted when the call came from Wolfsburg at the end of May because I see here a great opportunity of putting my thoughts on football into practice."

With the majority of his squad on holiday Magath is taking stock of his requirements before moving into the transfer market.

"We will certainly be fetching in one or two new players," he revealed.

Top of his wish list are believed to be Bayern pair Roque Santa Cruz and Roy Makaay, whereas Italy international Antonio Di Natale has already snubbed a move to the Bundesliga side.

And Magath is also on the lookout for an assistant having agreed to assume all responsibilities for the operation of the club, and the selection and training of the team.

He said: "I will have a good look around to find the right man who can fit into the (management) team."

source: Football365
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:24 am

He can have Santa Cruz if he wants to :) And maybe Dos Santos on loan as well?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: MAGATH TO CHASE DOWN BAYERN

Postby diegis » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:20 am

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:Top of his wish list are believed to be Bayern pair Roque Santa Cruz and Roy Makaay, whereas Italy international Antonio Di Natale has already snubbed a move to the Bundesliga side.

yeesss
Please buy them [-o<
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Miss Dangerous » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:07 pm

Yes, Di Natale is a good player 8)
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Return to Bundesliga