You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-10-18] Karlsruher SC vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:34 am

Karlsruher SC will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
14%
Bayern Munich will win
86%

Total votes : 14

Re: [2008-10-18] Karlsruher SC vs Bayern Munich

Postby MrLinky » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:04 pm

FCBinNYC wrote: I do have to say that I liked most of what I saw..

Yea cause you only saw the last ten minutes , the previous 80 minutes (min. 5-15 displaying an exception when they showed a bit of what you can
call creativity) were terrible , the continuing of the Hannover match , but with a bit of luck (Freis hit the post) we managed to get the 3 points and get a bit closer to the top of the table , I'm hoping for a draw between HSV and Schalke tomorrow. :)
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:50 pm

Yeah, from all your comments I figured that was the case, but my point was more that I'm glad they're going for it rather than just looking helpless. There just seemed to be more dedication at the end there, and I was happy to see that. I hope Klose goes on a tear now, it's about that time!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:31 pm

Hoeness: A Really Important Win

Bayern Munich director Uli Hoeneß is convinced that the last gasp 1-0 win over Karlsruher will serve as the turning point for the defending champion's season. Miroslav Klose’s goal four minutes from time has finally saw Bayern secure all three points and taken a little pressure off of them going into the midweek Champions League fixture with Fiorentina, while ensuring that they maintain touch with the early frontrunners.

“It was a really important win. It was a battle out there. We had some great chances in the first half but didn’t put them away, and it was hard work after that," said Hoeneß after the game.

"At the end of the day we were a little bit lucky, but what we need at the moment is a little bit of luck. The team scrapped away like madmen until the very last minute.

"Don’t forget we had ten players away on international duty, whereas KSC had maybe two or three.

"It’s always a difficult situation for Bayern. Our morale is 100 percent good, it’s just a question of belief at the moment. We were short of confidence after some less than perfect results, but it’ll come back now. I think the tide has turned.“
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:01 am

Today, Rensing was very good! He kept out all balls. Luckily, Freis hit the crossbar. We were better team on the field. I`m so happy, that we scored and won. Oddo`s pass was great.

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Hawkeye » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:01 am

A pretty bad performance, but a good result. This was one of those games where 3 points were essential, and the way the 3 points came about was of secondary importance. Lets hope we see some better football against Fiorentina, and another 3 points!
Hawkeye
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:00 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:Today, Rensing was very good!

Not really , I'm guessing you only saw the highlights ?
He kept out Ishavilli's shot very well but I thought he looked very insecure in various situations again , espacially the one when he wasnt
able to get hold of the ball after a lame deflected cross from the right and instead presented a huge chance to Kennedy.
So his performance isnt optimal right now , but I dont only blame him as the whole squad isnt at its best , and he will need
to improve just like the rest of the team.
What I am missing about Rensing at the moment is that little something in his appearance and aura that makes the strikers think I really gotta do
something special to beat him , something that you have or you dont , something you cant train , that little something Kahn was a perfectionist of
still maybe I'm mistaken and he has it but isnt able to show it for whatever reason.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:48 pm

I totally agree! I think it may just be his age, though. You hear about young goalkeeping talents all the time and then you look at them and they seem to always look like they need their mommy, even when they're having a good game. Compare that to the greats like Kahn, Buffon, Cech, etc...they are just totally stoneface all the time, except for when they need to yell at their teammates. I think it comes with age and experience, and so far Rensing has had a pretty steep learning curve so let's hope he can keep up and become the stonefaced badass he needs to be in order to stay between the posts for Bayern!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby walter » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:58 pm

Manuel Neuer is a great goalie and I've never seen someone with more of a baby face than him...
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:42 pm

walter wrote:Manuel Neuer is a great goalie and I've never seen someone with more of a baby face than him...

He is a big talent no doubt , but he still has a long way to go to a great goalkeeper.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Previous

Return to Bundesliga