You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-09-27] Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:30 pm

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 3

Re: [2020-09-27] Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich

Postby nm462272 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:00 am

ramsej84 wrote:Some interesting analysis from bavarian foot works

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2 ... bry-davies

some of the comments... yikes :lol:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

BBC censoring FC Bayern fans

Postby r10 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:22 am

There was short "Bayern Munich suffer first defeat of 2020" article on BBC site about Bayern loosing 1:4 to Hoffenheim.
In HYS (Have Your Say discussion) I've made a short posting; "Hoffenheim is bigger team than Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsey.".
BBC removed my above opinion and noticed me by mail [-X.
I'm not crying about my posting, I'm crying on where the world goes... #-o.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Ed. » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:52 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
One thing Thiago’s departure makes clear is: we can’t use the Kimmich as RB option anymore. Any midfield that is not Goretzka-Kimmich will be worse and I think between those 3 midfielders, the Goretzka-Tolisso combination is the worst.

Yup, fully agree, bolded that for you :)
If we start with Goretzka-Tolisso, we are not going to be beating good teams. They will suffocate the wings and let Goretzka and Tolliso have time and space and challenge them to come up with the quality pass. The odds will be against these 2 every time.
Then one of Sane, Gnabry will have to start playing infield more that they'd like to, then one of the full backs has to push up to make up for that and so on and on, and we end up playing musical chairs.

No other option but to play Kimmich in midfield, which is a worry, because the guy is exceptional but is also prone to big mistakes and giving away the ball in dangerous positions.

Thiago was the same when he started out in this deep lying role maybe 3-4 seasons ago.
Maybe this is the season Kimmich learns and adapts and managment and fans will have to support him when he makes mistakes or has a poor performance.

One thing that Kimmich has over Thiago though is an eye for goal from distance.
Thiago had it but like Ozil, as he grew into his role, he seemed to completely dismiss it as an option even though he has a wicked right foot in his locker.
Last edited by Ed. on Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:56 am

nm462272 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Some interesting analysis from bavarian foot works

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2 ... bry-davies

some of the comments... yikes :lol:

tbh I did not see them :lol:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: BBC censoring FC Bayern fans

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:58 am

r10 wrote:There was short "Bayern Munich suffer first defeat of 2020" article on BBC site about Bayern loosing 1:4 to Hoffenheim.
In HYS (Have Your Say discussion) I've made a short posting; "Hoffenheim is bigger team than Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsey.".
BBC removed my above opinion and noticed me by mail [-X.
I'm not crying about my posting, I'm crying on where the world goes... #-o.

my God :x
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:07 pm

Ed. wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
One thing Thiago’s departure makes clear is: we can’t use the Kimmich as RB option anymore. Any midfield that is not Goretzka-Kimmich will be worse and I think between those 3 midfielders, the Goretzka-Tolisso combination is the worst.

Yup, fully agree, bolded that for you :)
If we start with Goretzka-Tolisso, we are not going to be beating good teams. They will suffocate the wings and let Goretzka and Tolliso have time and space and challenge them to come up with the quality pass. The odds will be against these 2 every time.
Then one of Sane, Gnabry will have to start playing infield more that they'd like to, then one of the full backs has to push up to make up for that and so on and on, and we end up playing musical chairs.

No other option but to play Kimmich in midfield, which is a worry, because the guy is exceptional but is also prone to big mistakes and giving away the ball in dangerous positions.

Thiago was the same when he started out in this deep lying role maybe 3-4 seasons ago.
Maybe this is the season Kimmich learns and adapts and managment and fans will have to support him when he makes mistakes or has a poor performance.

One thing that Kimmich has over Thiago though is an eye for goal from distance.
Thiago had it but like Ozil, as he grew into his role, he seemed to completely dismiss it as an option even though he had a wicked right foot in his locker.

re: Kimmich in MF - seems like slowly he is learning to adapt. maybe he got used to having more time to pick out a pass/run as RB, but it seems like he's making quicker decisions now finally in the MF. obviously hope to see that trend continue!
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:20 pm

As I said in my controversial comment during the game, I think Kimmich belongs in midfield. It is very hard to think of anyone better than him in that role at the moment. Again, I disagree that Thiago played the same role, and we were very lucky to have both at the same time.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:26 pm

Ideally there would be a Thiago plus josh and leon...but that means the axeing of Muller
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Bundesliga