You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-09-27] Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:30 pm

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 3

Re: [2020-09-27] Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich

Postby Achilles » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:32 pm

Thoughts on the game: We were simply outplayed, I'd say that we deserved to concede more, the whole backline was super bad.

There is a good moment to suffer such a defeat, just before the transfer window closes the players looking tired, the -important- bench thin as ever and the starters exhausted, Alaba on a streak of atrocious performances and of course Flick as a winner on his debate on transfers. The guy knows EXACTLY what he wants and he showed in a very decisive and powerful way, yet, our board is looking on the other way. It's sad because there is a huge potential and we're €60m away for three quality transfers to finish the puzzle. I'm wondering, Perisic,Coutinho and Thiago three quality and the first two players coming off the bench regularly providing some important support, how the board can possibly believe that they won't be missed in a peculiar season where we gonna play 3 games a week and we'll be the team to beat in every competition. Such a shame...

Alaba's situation has to end, it's affecting him and is hurting us... Either signs or goes for free but the story needs a conclusion asap.
Tolisso was very disappointing. Signing a midfielder is a must for me just as a right-back, I prefer to gamble on Musiala(4th winger) cuz of the three quality wingers in front of him and gamble on Lewandowski that will again sustain and carry a 40-goal season with Zirkzee rather put faith on thin midfield. Right back and midfielder please should be a priority.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:34 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Our tactics are very effective when everyone is fit, but when tiredness comes into play and our players are half a second late on the high pressing then we are dead

And that's gonna be a big problem with our lack of depth and the busy schedule. Even if we are luckier than ever and don't have any more injuries our squad would still be too thin :?
Dude I LITERALLY agree with every word you just wrote - but how the fuck did you then call me out on my statement in the other thread today about us being lucky with injuries?!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:36 pm

Achilles wrote:Thoughts on the game: We were simply outplayed, I'd say that we deserved to concede more, the whole backline was super bad.

There is a good moment to suffer such a defeat, just before the transfer window closes the players looking tired, the -important- bench thin as ever and the starters exhausted, Alaba on a streak of atrocious performances and of course Flick as a winner on his debate on transfers. The guy knows EXACTLY what he wants and he showed in a very decisive and powerful way, yet, our board is looking on the other way. It's sad because there is a huge potential and we're €60m away for three quality transfers to finish the puzzle. I'm wondering, Perisic,Coutinho and Thiago three quality and the first two players coming off the bench regularly providing some important support, how the board can possibly believe that they won't be missed in a peculiar season where we gonna play 3 games a week and we'll be the team to beat in every competition. Such a shame...

Alaba's situation has to end, it's affecting him and is hurting us... Either signs or goes for free but the story needs a conclusion asap.
Tolisso was very disappointing. Signing a midfielder is a must for me just as a right-back, I prefer to gamble on Musiala(4th winger) cuz of the three quality wingers in front of him and gamble on Lewandowski that will again sustain and carry a 40-goal season with Zirkzee rather put faith on thin midfield. Right back and midfielder please should be a priority.
No, it’s a bad moment - there‘s no quality on the market and we will yet again do panic transfers... And they say history doesn’t repeat itself...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:42 pm

#12 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Our tactics are very effective when everyone is fit, but when tiredness comes into play and our players are half a second late on the high pressing then we are dead

And that's gonna be a big problem with our lack of depth and the busy schedule. Even if we are luckier than ever and don't have any more injuries our squad would still be too thin :?
Dude I LITERALLY agree with every word you just wrote - but how the fuck did you then call me out on my statement in the other thread today about us being lucky with injuries?!

Because it wasn't about being lucky with injuries. In fact I said the same thing about last season. Being lucky with injuries (or at least less unlucky than the previous years) played a big part in our success

But this year our schedule is gonna be busier. No winter break. We didn't even have any pre season whatsoever.

At some point throughout the season I feel our players might collapse.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:52 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I had a feeling that that we were not going to win...

Bullshit. Your predicted us to win 3-2.
I had this feeling yest at 19.30
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:53 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Mavs wrote:We lost major contributors in Perisic, Coutinho, and Thiago.

So far, we've only added Sane to compensate.

We need another player or two. We lack depth. It showed today. We can't expect to win many titles when giving Zirkzee and Musiala big minutes. :/
We lost the best midfielder in the world in Thiago, a superb 3rd winger in Perisic AND a decent RB in Kimmich. Coutinho was 100% meaningless. He was actually a net negative whenever he was on the pitch.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
But remember it was his decision to leave no one forced him
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby r10 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:16 pm

Alexander wrote:Kimmich is a midfielder.
No, Kimmich is a RB and what is more he was scoring a lot as a RB.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Larhm » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:19 pm

And our board tried to save some money by not bringing in Perisic permanantly. That guy played his heart out for all the games I've seen last season. Sad to see him and Thiago leave
Larhm
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby r10 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:21 pm

MUTU wrote:Your predicted us to win
I was to vote we loose but the poll was closed already.
There is long story of top European teams loosing matches just after winning their big trophies. Happened to us also.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Alexander » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:25 pm

r10 wrote:
Alexander wrote:Kimmich is a midfielder.
No, Kimmich is a RB and what is more he was scoring a lot as a RB.

I think he is better as a midfielder.
Alexander
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby r10 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:26 pm

Fénix wrote:E to volim čuti!
While I'm not very fond of Croatian beer (prefer your wine and rakija), you make the best cappuccino in the world :coffee:.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:57 pm

BigBoss wrote:All our focus on getting RB and we dont even talk about thiago's replacement which is reeeally our problem we need someine like him when we play agaisnt high press teams, that will be a major problem for us. We must be ready for any scenario, in today's match we really needed thiago and coutinho but they both gone and no replacement done not even rumours.. that sucks

Replying here as it’s more on topic:

While Thiago is a big loss, I don’t think missing him was the problem. It was a mistake to bench Goretzka against a team that tends to challenge for the European places rather than a lower table team. It was made worse by the fact that Tolisso wasn’t playing well and then by Flick replacing Pavard with Goretzka instead of Tolisso.

One thing Thiago’s departure makes clear is: we can’t use the Kimmich as RB option anymore. Any midfield that is not Goretzka-Kimmich will be worse and I think between those 3 midfielders, the Goretzka-Tolisso combination is the worst.

Thiago would be a massive help and we need someone like him because otherwise we won’t be able to rest Kimmich and Leon except against weak teams, but I don’t think we need someone like to help create chances, as some have suggested. The problem, in my opinion, was Lewandowski being missing. It’s clear that Lewa and Müller aren’t half as good when they’re not playing together, and when they ARE playing, the wingers and fullbacks and even midfielders automatically have much, much more space.

We did lack good chances today but I don’t think it’s because of our midfield. It’s because by losing Lewa we also lost Müller and the focus became solely attacking through the wings - much easier to stop especially with Gnabry looking tired. The midfield WAS a problem, but a defensive one more than anything.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like a midfielder/Thiago replacement too, but it’s a third priority for me:
1) RB. This makes our defence “ready” in every position, and then it’s up to Flick to pick the best players.
2) AM/ST (who preferably can also be a winger). We need this to ensure we CAN rest Müller and Lewandowski while still remaining a threat down the middle, and also because right now we only have whichever winger is not starting as a bench option for when things go downhill, like today. I don’t think a fourth winger is as much of a priority, I’m liking Musiala, although it becomes an issue if one of our main 3 goes down long term (again). But I suppose we can act in January then.

Happy enough with these two transfers. Then the bonus would be:

3) Thiago replacement.

I think someone like Götze could change the list a bit in that he can cover half of 2) (AM) and also 3), but we’d still need a striker then.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:24 pm

It's too late to act on the market and the season is going to be really tough even for Hans-Dieter Flick.

The team is very exhausted, jaded, they need some serious rest and cut off from the football for 6 weeks which the players and staff haven't had. Even the UEFA Nations League and international friendly break won't help us, either.

The main problem is the board who were really silly, completely complacent and indifferent to Flick's transfer wishes amd warnings about the next season and players who are missing(RB, RW, creative CM).
Now even the lack of a quality backup striker is more than obvious, but we decided to let Lewandowski alone which meant Zirkzee and the silly guy Arp are the only choices we have.

Even if Kimmich wasn't moved back to midfield and Thiago stayed, we would still suffer from the same problems of lacking quality depth in midfield, primarily for Thiago.

I knew we could expect this all in this season, but what can you do... Sané and Nianzou aren't enough when we lost 4 players and then COVID, ehhhhhh...
The budget has never been big enough and the board is never an eagle with sharp view to catch proper players.

Who could dare to chase Kramarić or Jović now as possible solutions for backup strikers, Upamecano for new CB next summer, new creative defensive/central midfielder(s) and one AM to increase our depth, one vital winger to be the 4th guy in our team?

We haven't signed Pavard's competition, yet.

Like I said, it's never easy to be Bayern fan and that stupid DFL rule not to allow our 2nd team playing in the 2. Liga is also very problematic for our ambitions to promote players from our youth academy.

There's a big Baustelle here despite the Treble season. This changes never end, you always have to modify, replace or switch when the season is over. In our case, 6-7 players out, 2-3 field players in. Not good enough.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Fénix » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:32 pm

Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:59 am

Some interesting analysis from bavarian foot works

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2 ... bry-davies
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga