You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-01-18] Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:30 pm

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 2

Re: [2019-01-18] Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich

Postby Machiavellico » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:00 pm

America USA wrote:Seriously feel like making fun of all the users here who were getting hyped up over CHO & Lucas being Bayern players by the time this game started. This is real life and not a video game FFS!

Bayern don’t spend like Kings and therefore I mostly stay away from the Transfer section of this website (and elsewhere on the internet) because it’s mostly hogwash and speculation!

Top notch attitude there, champ! =D>

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby America USA » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:03 am

I don’t follow transfers because I got no control over who Bayern buy or not. None of us do and I don’t like getting my hopes up over something that the Bayern hierarchy have 100% control over and I (nor any other user here) don’t have any say in the decisions made. At best I have opinions regarding certain signings which I sometimes express on that subsection but that’s that really.

Some guys here were really positive that CHO and Lucas would very likely be Bayern players in January. Here we are half month gone and still it’s all speculation and nothing concrete.

Predicting lineups with players who have still not been signed is similar to daydreaming and I find that laughable.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:44 am

America USA wrote:Predicting lineups with players who have still not been signed is similar to daydreaming and I find that laughable.

What I find laughable is the logic you are using, because predicting lineups with players who are currently under contract is, likewise, similar to daydreaming, given that:

1. They could get injured
  2. They could get sick
  3. They could get leave of absence due to personal reasons
  4. They could get suspended for disciplinary reasons
  5. They could be sold (we are in a transfer window after all)
  6. They could get loaned out
  7. They could get fired
  8. They could get their contract dissolved by mutual consent
  9. They could retire from football
  10. They could die
  11. One of the clubs could cease to exist (in which case the match is never played)
  12. The world could end

... and so forth.

That's why it is a PREDICTION, because that's exactly what it is. Making predictions with players who haven't been signed is simply a bolder prediction, nothing more nothing less.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:55 am

America USA wrote:I don’t follow transfers because I got no control over who Bayern buy or not. None of us do and I don’t like getting my hopes up over something that the Bayern hierarchy have 100% control over and I (nor any other user here) don’t have any say in the decisions made. At best I have opinions regarding certain signings which I sometimes express on that subsection but that’s that really.

Some guys here were really positive that CHO and Lucas would very likely be Bayern players in January. Here we are half month gone and still it’s all speculation and nothing concrete.

Predicting lineups with players who have still not been signed is similar to daydreaming and I find that laughable.

Well, you have no control over Bayern winning or losing a match as well, shouldn't you stop watching games? Being a football fan is all about speculating, discussing and being a spectator. At the end of the day you don't have control over anything.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby bastos80 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:40 pm

@American USA
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:34 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:Predicting lineups with players who have still not been signed is similar to daydreaming and I find that laughable.

What I find laughable is the logic you are using, because predicting lineups with players who are currently under contract is, likewise, similar to daydreaming, given that:

1. They could get injured - Something in the hands of fate. Transfers are in the hands of Bayern board
  2. They could get sick - Same as above. Although said player can take precautions to not eat bad stuff or drink too much or not smoke.
  3. They could get leave of absence due to personal reasons - Well this too is a matter of luck and not related to negotiations between board CEOs
  4. They could get suspended for disciplinary reasons - Getting suspended is something that happens when the player does something very egregious. This is something that the players can control and not at all dependent on the Spending decisions of the Bayern board.
  5. They could be sold (we are in a transfer window after all) - Bayern are in no position to sell or loan anyone out right now because of our appear thin squad
  6. They could get loaned out - See above
  7. They could get fired - A very far fetched scenario so highly unlikely
  8. They could get their contract dissolved by mutual consent - A very far fetched scenario so highly unlikely
  9. They could retire from football - A very far fetched scenario so highly unlikely
  10. They could die - A very far fetched scenario so highly unlikely
  11. One of the clubs could cease to exist (in which case the match is never played) - Sounding like a broken record now with the copy pasting but once again it is a very far fetched scenario and highly unlikely to come to fruition
  12. The world could end
- Seriously ?! This too again would go to point one regarding fate

... and so forth.

That's why it is a PREDICTION, because that's exactly what it is. Making predictions with players who haven't been signed is simply a bolder prediction, nothing more nothing less.

Exactly the prediction with players not signed yet is not just too bold it is downright unrealistic and therefore futile. I could post a lineup with 50% of the players being linked to us and it would still be utopian.
Last edited by America USA on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby America USA » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:42 pm

Borusse wrote:
America USA wrote:I don’t follow transfers because I got no control over who Bayern buy or not. None of us do and I don’t like getting my hopes up over something that the Bayern hierarchy have 100% control over and I (nor any other user here) don’t have any say in the decisions made. At best I have opinions regarding certain signings which I sometimes express on that subsection but that’s that really.

Well, you have no control over Bayern winning or losing a match as well, shouldn't you stop watching games? Being a football fan is all about speculating, discussing and being a spectator. At the end of the day you don't have control over anything.

I don’t know about others but soccer is an escape for me. It’s all about escapism. I watch games to forget about stuff going on in life and vicariously live the game through my team. Once the game is over, I either rant on the internet (when we lose) or go do something to distract myself. If we win then I smile and move onto something work related because I’m in a good mood.

Therefore for me watching the game is more about the experience (and my team winning in the process) than actually being concerned over controlling results.

Again maybe it’s just me but because of the shit happening elsewhere in my life I could care less about how many millions are gonna be spent of some rich football player who may or may not represent the team I root for and I hate the disappointment after an expected transfer.

Anyway you guys can continue with what you like I was just expressing my opinion.

Back to the game: Bayern must win this match to put pressure on Dortmund because they play Leipzig away the next day.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:58 pm

America USA wrote:
MUTU wrote:

1. They could get injured - Something in the hands of fate. Transfers are in the hands of Bayern board
  2. They could get sick - Same as above. Although said player can take precautions to not eat bad stuff or drink too much or not smoke.
  3. They could get leave of absence due to personal reasons - Well this too is a matter of luck and not related to negotiations between board CEOs
  4. They could get suspended for disciplinary reasons - Getting suspended is something that happens when the player does something very egregious. This is something that the players can control and not at all dependent on the Spending decisions of the Bayern board.
  5. They could be sold (we are in a transfer window after all) - Bayern are in no position to sell or loan anyone out right now because of our appear thin squad
  6. They could get loaned out - See above
  7. They could get fired - A very far fetched scenario so highly unlikely
  8. They could get their contract dissolved by mutual consent - A very far fetched scenario so highly unlikely
  9. They could retire from football - A very far fetched scenario so highly unlikely
  10. They could die - A very far fetched scenario so highly unlikely
  11. One of the clubs could cease to exist (in which case the match is never played) - Sounding like a broken record now with the copy pasting but once again it is a very far fetched scenario and highly unlikely to come to fruition
  12. The world could end
- Seriously ?! This too again would go to point one regarding fate

... and so forth.

Exactly the prediction with players not signed yet is not just too bold it is downright unrealistic and therefore futile. I could post a lineup with 50% of the players being linked to us and it would still be utopian.

I forgot to add that players could get abducted by aliens or get kidnapped.

Making bold predictions is what makes predictions interesting. For example, I could predict Ulreich to start against Hoffenheim, and if he does ... I'd be a legend wouldn't I? Wouldn't matter if he got suspended for one match for peeing in Starke's coffee, I'd still have gotten the prediction correct.

You're basically dissing people for not predicting the plain old boring safe formation.

Try to enjoy life a little bit more mate.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:10 am

Can’t wait for Bayern to be back in action :mrgreen:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:13 am

BILD usually gets it right

If Müller has to play no matter what, then I'm fine with this lineup. Maybe swapping both James and Müller.

Anything with Lewandowski, Coman, James, Kimmich and Thiago would do.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:02 am

Oh look, I forgot we'll get to see Vogt :wink:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:18 am

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:29 am

NICE formation.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:41 am

ramsej84 wrote:NICE formation.

Müller or James on the wing? Boateng and Hummels partnership? How is that nice?
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:15 am

bastos80 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:NICE formation.

Müller or James on the wing? Boateng and Hummels partnership? How is that nice?
Mueller won't stay on the wing , he will interchange with James.

As for the cb duo, I think we should give them another chance.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga