You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Hoeness: Bayern are not unbeatable

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Hoeness: Bayern are not unbeatable

Postby tracylynn » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:01 pm

Bundesliga - Hoeness: Bayern aren't unbeatable

Eurosport - Thu, 30 Aug 16:12:00 2007

Bayern Munich general manager Uli Hoeness has attempted to quell fans' euphoria at his teams start to the season by insisting they are far from unbeatable.

Following their worst season for ten years last campaign, the club spent over 70 million euros on new players over the summer, recruiting the likes of Luca Toni, Miroslav Klose and Franck Ribery, prompting Hoeness to remark: "our rivals will looking at us through binoculars."

The prophecy, so far has held true. Three games, three wins, ten goals and none conceded is their impressive return from August, though the outspoken Hoeness is, for once, now trying to play down expectations.

"What we're experiencing now is wonderful, a dream" he told the Munich Tageszeitung.

"But there will also be setbacks along the way, it won't be plain sailing. Suggestions we are unbeatable are nonsense. Of course we can be beaten."

Hamburg, who face the Bavarians at the weekend, must be wondering how. Not only are Ribery and Klose now likely to be fit for the clash, Lukas Podolski and Valerien Ismael could also figure after coming through a friendly with Grasshopper Zürich following long-term injuries.

"I am ready for Hamburg," Podolski insisted, adding that he was in prime condition, and now just "needs match practice."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting to see Hoeness talking with some sense and not just shooting his mouth off. Good to know that Podolski is back and I do hope that he starts showing some brillance this season. LOL!!
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SNAKE » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:54 am

No club or nation is unbeatable. Hope we do well again, just like against Werder.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ballattack » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:51 am

I'm only concerned with over-confidence and beside that Injuries.
Without these Bayern will be almost impossible to lose.
Ballattack
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Bundesliga