You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-09-28] Hertha BSC vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Hertha BSC will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 2

Re: [2018-09-28] Hertha BSC vs Bayern Munich

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:50 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:08 am

ramsej84 wrote:https://twitter.com/JB17Official/status/1045791063061991425?s=19
With you on the bench

Not like he was the only one playing shit...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:40 am

It should be easy to blame or solve things from one's sofa but seriously, did these subs make any sense from Kovac. Far from pretending to know what he was thinking, but leaving Ribery on the pitch for the entire game? He sure as hell creates one or two clear cut chances per half; right after helping the competition create 4 by losing the ball. . . It's just getting annoying.

I can understand Robben being subbed off so that someone with two legs can actually try and cross from the end line but how long are we going to play Renato on the six where he doesn't belong?

How poor is the build up where you have to rely on CBs to spot a target man on the box and misplacing long balls in the process. Isn't there another way to find one of the three strikers that ended up on the pitch?

Started the game with two attacking playmakers and ended up with none.

Does it really make sense to play like this?
tflags

Postby Roonzil » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:31 am

To be fair, before the game most people (at least on twitter) were excited with the line-up. We have all come to expect Robbery to start, no matter how bad they play, so I'm not even going to waste breath attacking that (because girl, I've done enough of that last night). But starting Thiago, James and Sanches in midfield was seen as an exciting prospect. A midfield that could defend (Thiago), foul and bulldozer (Sanches) and come up with some good link-up play and freekicks/corners (James)....

Now I'm not entirely sure of this, but it looked like we played a 4141 formation, with Thiago being the defensive midfielder in front of the defense. With Robbery also occupying the center often, it was fairly easy for Hertha to defend: we literally had no way through at the center of the pitch, which coincidentally was the place where most of our players tried to get through with a 4141 line-up.

I'm not going to mention the crosses, bc....well, that would mean I'd have a full on rant about Robbery, and I'm done with that. Either they're favourites of Kovac, or he's scared of them (and the power they have with the higher ups). :coffee:

The subs made no sense....Especially Wagner...

We've been stuck with the same stale attack for THREE YEARS now, and it's only gone backwards. I can barely remember when we had terrifying wings, or options to change our play off the bench. Coman has been very unlucky, and underplayed in those three years, and Gnabry is suffering the same fate.

Just for the love of everything, beat Ajax next week. I CANNOT have a home loss or draw against them....
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Coman » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:46 am

Easy to make fault on Ribéry and Robben (Ribéry was awful and Robben was meh) while all the players were at the same level than them.

Not a system problem or a player problem. Just it was a poor day.

They'll wake up in the next two games.
Coman
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
France

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:21 am

Coman wrote:Easy to make fault on Ribéry and Robben (Ribéry was awful and Robben was meh) while all the players were at the same level than them.

To make up for this mess - even if what you say WERE true, which I'm pretty sure is not - they need at least 5 games, not two...

Everyone was celebrating already but we didn’t even have a real test yet, even after Hertha... That’s a grade B team and they absolutely outplayed us... Their victory wasn’t lucky or coincidental, it was WELL deserved!
We‘re in for a disappointing season... But let’s just extend Robbery so our future is safe!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Coman » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:31 am

#12 wrote:
Coman wrote:Easy to make fault on Ribéry and Robben (Ribéry was awful and Robben was meh) while all the players were at the same level than them.

To make up for this mess - even if what you say WERE true, which I'm pretty sure is not - they need at least 5 games, not two...

Everyone was celebrating already but we didn’t even have a real test yet, even after Hertha... That’s a grade B team and they absolutely outplayed us... Their victory wasn’t lucky or coincidental, it was WELL deserved!
We‘re in for a disappointing season... But let’s just extend Robbery so our future is safe!

You're right. They need to show big performance on 5 games. I just said two as our next 2 opponents are not easy at all.

Then we'll see if it's a global problem or a one day problem.
Coman
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
France

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:43 am

Coman wrote:
#12 wrote:

You're right. They need to show big performance on 5 games. I just said two as our next 2 opponents are not easy at all.

Then we'll see if it's a global problem or a one day problem.

IIRC we had this with Ancelotti and no other coach in the last 7 years...
If you fuck up against Augsburg, you need to show a reaction... We played even worse... This team is done on a major competition level
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:55 am

I disagree with all. I think Ribéry was one of the best players yesterday. I thought my opinion was strange given that everyone was against him so I checked WhoScored where he was rated the 2nd best Bayern player, after Thiago.

He was constantly trying, and failing. Many of the others weren't even trying though. I question the team's attitude and whether they really wanted to win.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:57 am

MUTU wrote:I disagree with all. I think Ribéry was one of the best players yesterday. I thought my opinion was strange given that everyone was against him so I checked WhoScored where he was rated the 2nd best Bayern player, after Thiago.

Check a statistic about misplaced passes or on surrendered possession... He was very active, yes, but he sucked...

And being the best in a pile of shit still makes you part of the pile...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Roonzil » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:59 am

MUTU wrote:I disagree with all. I think Ribéry was one of the best players yesterday. I thought my opinion was strange given that everyone was against him so I checked WhoScored where he was rated the 2nd best Bayern player, after Thiago.

I think he might've had good runs, some good passing, but most fans were annoyed/infuriated with the lack of finishing and accurate crossing. Not to mention some loss of possession in dangerous areas (which Thiago was also guilty of). Ribery also might've gotten a lot of criticism bc most of our attacks seem to come from that side...and none actually worked.

Yesterday's pass map btw:

Can't see tweet? Click here!
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:59 am

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:00 pm

#12 wrote:

Check a statistic about misplaced passes or on surrendered possession... He was very active, yes, but he sucked...

And being the best in a pile of shit still makes you part of the pile...

Misplaced passes was not necessarily his fault. His teammates were tightly marked either because the build-up was slow or because they were unable to move into space and unmark themselves. Too static. Not saying he couldn't have done better, but the circumstances didn't favour him for sure.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:06 pm

He was constantly trying, and failing. Many of the others weren't even trying though. I question the team's attitude and whether they really wanted to win.
Same here...

He was at least trying...

Where was Lewa James and all?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:10 pm

Roonzil wrote:

I think he might've had good runs, some good passing, but most fans were annoyed/infuriated with the lack of finishing and accurate crossing. Not to mention some loss of possession in dangerous areas (which Thiago was also guilty of). Ribery also might've gotten a lot of criticism bc most of our attacks seem to come from that side...and none actually worked.

Yesterday's pass map btw:

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Yes but that's not all on him as I said earlier in my reply to Ribéry. His teammates were constantly tightly marked and none were truly trying to unmark themselves.

Congratulations to Hertha Berlin and their coach. They really kept it tight at the back while not exactly parking the bus.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga