You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-09-28] Hertha BSC vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Hertha BSC will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 2

Re: [2018-09-28] Hertha BSC vs Bayern Munich

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:26 pm

Neuer making fun of himself...

Maybe he thinks that a keeper goal counts as 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:26 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Maybe who knows ... ? We are doing it on purpose...to make the league interesting

Juventus have been doing this for years.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:27 pm

Mavs wrote:Bad week for us. Need to turn it around next week.

Also, Coman can't come back soon enough.

Not gonna happen...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:28 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Worth noting that in the second half the ball was in Hertha's half practically 99% of the time. Let's face it, they completely outwitted Kovac tactically. They were way better than us in the first half and when they had a comfortable lead they just let us have the ball and defended everything with relative ease.

Yup. I think so far this season Kovac has done a fine job, but he has us looking utterly lost today. Admittedly, players haven't been performing well, but for the past two days, it's just looked off. I can't tell at all what ideas he is trying to communicate tactically. What shape are we supposed to have right now? How does he want us to approach this match? Players look lost and I think I understand that.

Really: how is the team supposed to attack for the end of the game?
Lewandowski, Wagner, Müller, Gnabry, and Ribery all occupying the same exact space on the pitch. Thiago being asked to play the 6, the 8, and the 10. Playing at the edge of the box in attack and dropping all the way behind the CBs when defending. Alaba basically pinned in the opposing corner. Kimmich not sure if he's playing midfield or fullback. Boateng having a horror show. Just no idea what they're supposed to be doing.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Paphlagonian wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:When Pep wins: thanks to Jupp.
When Pep loses: thanks to Pep.
When Carlo/Jupp/Kovac win: thanks to getting rid of Pep.
When Carlo/Jupp/Kovac lose: thanks to Pep, even almost 3 years later.

You might love him and you might hate him but I'm sorry, it's really ridiculous to blame this on him.

I don't hate him a bit as character in fact I can even say I like him and his jokes. I just hate his game style and that is a style I can recognize wherever I see it. I still see that abomination when Bayern plays so... Unless we didn't import it from space "an alien" club I know who to blame.

And that's fair enough but blaming Pep would practically mean you think we brought in 3 coaches for nothing. If they want to persist with the same style (which I don't think is the same at all anymore, tbh) that's on them. We have had 3 other coaches since then (4, if you count Sagnol) doing their own thing, we can't keep saying Pep this and Pep that.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:30 pm

aterford wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Worth noting that in the second half the ball was in Hertha's half practically 99% of the time. Let's face it, they completely outwitted Kovac tactically. They were way better than us in the first half and when they had a comfortable lead they just let us have the ball and defended everything with relative ease.

Yup. I think so far this season Kovac has done a fine job, but he has us looking utterly lost today. Admittedly, players haven't been performing well, but for the past two days, it's just looked off. I can't tell at all what ideas he is trying to communicate tactically. What shape are we supposed to have right now? How does he want us to approach this match? Players look lost and I think I understand that.

Lewandowski, Wagner, Müller, Gnabry, and Ribery all occupying the same exact space on the pitch. Thiago being asked to play the 6, the 8, and the 10. Playing at the edge of the box in attack and dropping all the way behind the CBs when defending. Alaba basically pinned in the opposing corner. Kimmich not sure if he's playing midfield or fullback. Boateng having a horror show. Just no idea what they're supposed to be doing.

Remember Dortmund last year?

Also again, we basically played only spectators so far...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:32 pm

aterford wrote:

Fully agreed. I missed the past two games so I don't know if this shit started with Augsburg already, but today looked different from what we've seen earlier this season.

Not turning against Kovac or anything and as I said in summer the cards are stacked against him thanks to the board, but he needs to reevaluate everything after these two games. Still have confidence in him.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:38 pm

Long post..

First of all, credit where credit is due - Herta played almost perfect defensive game for 90 minutes. Excellent scouting on our style, strengths and weaknesses. Lazaro & Duda are the most interesting and impressive Herta players IMHO. I hope that every team in the Bundesliga is going to watch this game and will try to play in the same way against us.

Why ? Because some real competition is only going to help the Bundesliga.. and it's going to help FINALLY (if the Lord decides) to realise (not the fans, obviously) that we.need.to.get.rid.of.Robbery.Period. I really tried to like Ribery in the first half, to be honest - in my eyes he was our sharpest player in the first 15 minutes. Robben was a really wasteful in front of the goal.

I think the biggest mistakes were:

- to start with Robbery in the same time.
- Isolated Lewandowski & James in the first half (because of the scattered game in the midfield and de facto no supply from the wings).
- Personally i wasn't expecting the bad game from Kimmich.
- When you are playing against a team with good defense and you can not break them from the wings - you should try shooting from distance. 0 long shots in the first 45.
- 72 minutes - 0 shouts on target.
- Just when Sanches started to play better in the second half - Kovac sub him off for Gnabry - WHEN RIBERY WAS A 0 in the first 17 minutes in the second half.
- Just like our lovely user #12 was saying some weeks ago - "You cannot do the same things over and over and to expect different outcome." Our style is counting too much on the wing play, but now even the kids know why this is not working for us.
- 12 goals for 6 games - with Ancelotti we scored 2 more in the first 6 last year. Everyone was riding the #Carloraus tag, while now no one is questioning Kovac. Why ? I don't know. Someone should tell me why. Overall, the players are looking lost.
- At the end of the game, Thiago was screaming to the players on the pitch to applaud the fans and to not go straight to the dressing room. What the fuck is up with their minds ?

I heard Kovac screaming "Tempo, Tempo" around the 55th minute. I think that the players were waiting *something to happen* and suddenly to score a goal. All the payers - angry - Kimmich screaming to Robben; Ribery screaming to Sanches; everyone shouting at the ref on every foul; We should put our feet on the ground.

Average Lewandowski, James, Thiago, Süle, Alaba - Robbery were bad, Müller didn't change anything on the field for almost 45 minutes (except one good pass for Lewandowski), Sanches was bad in the first 45, Kimmich was very angry on something, wasn't really focused on the game. Boa made the stupid foul for the penalty, but i'm not going to blame him for the loss. Süle got away with far worse playing in some games.

The positive(s):

- Gnabry was the only player that i liked tonight (though he did nothing memorable - only one good shot). I can't fucking understand WHY he is not playing every single possible minute right now ? He should gain some confidence, but this cannot happen while he is sitting on the bench. First of all, Gnabry is the archetypal Kovac player: young, pacey, crafty and raw. Most importantly, however, the winger is positionally flexible and quick to adapt. Kovac LIED to him, because in August he said that Serge is going to appear in many formations, but he is mostly appearing on the bench. I can understand why he was sitting on the bench if the starting wings were Hazard,Mbappe,Neymar,Salah,Bale,Sane, etc.. - i would humbly accept the decision, but the 2018 versions of Ribery and Robben - comeone man, this is a joke.

I feel like the strong people in the team (Rummenigge, Uli, Brazzo, Kovac) should sit on the table and talk about the current objectives & the further development, because we're not going anywhere with our current actions. The bad thing is that this is at least the 20th time that we're talking almost the same way, but nothing has changed.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Paphlagonian » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:43 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:And that's fair enough but blaming Pep would practically mean you think we brought in 3 coaches for nothing. If they want to persist with the same style (which I don't think is the same at all anymore, tbh) that's on them. We have had 3 other coaches since then (4, if you count Sagnol) doing their own thing, we can't keep saying Pep this and Pep that.

That's the thing. I don't believe coaches after Pep managed to do well to change the mentality of players. That's the way I see it. Formation and tactics may change but mentality is one of the biggest part of this game. We are dead after 2013's win that's obvious. Look at Boateng,Müller,Javi and others. Alaba for an example, see how he was at 11-12-13 and now. He's afraid to take long shots which I believe was one of his perfect aspects as a FB and this came right after Pep's introduction. Jupp tried to fix that last year in case you remember especially the last few matches. Maybe you are right and it's not fully Pep's fault. Maybe because of the lack of spirits after 2013. The one thing I'm 100% sure is it all started after 2013 with Pep's ultra conservative changes so... By the way I don't say it's the same style. It has part of it. The thing we have right now is so mixed up that's why I call it abomination.
Last edited by Paphlagonian on Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby banter23 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:44 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Long post..

First of all, credit where credit is due - Herta played almost perfect defensive game for 90 minutes. Excellent scouting on our style, strengths and weaknesses. Lazaro & Duda are the most interesting and impressive Herta players IMHO. I hope that every team in the Bundesliga is going to watch this game and will try to play in the same way against us.

Why ? Because some real competition is only going to help the Bundesliga.. and it's going to help FINALLY (if the Lord decides) to realise (not the fans, obviously) that we.need.to.get.rid.of.Robbery.Period. I really tried to like Ribery in the first half, to be honest - in my eyes he was our sharpest player in the first 15 minutes. Robben was a really wasteful in front of the goal.

- Isolated Lewandowski & James in the first half (because of the scattered game in the midfield and de facto no supply from the wings).
- When you are playing against a team with good defense and you can not break them from the wings - you should try shooting from distance. 0 long shots in the first 45.
- Just when Sanches started to play better in the second half - Kovac sub him off for Gnabry - WHEN RIBERY WAS A 0 in the first 17 minutes in the second half.
- Just like our lovely user #12 was saying some weeks ago - "You cannot do the same things over and over and to expect different outcome." Our style is counting too much on the wing play, but now even the kids know why this is not working for us.
- 12 goals for 6 games - with Ancelotti we scored 2 more in the first 6 last year. Everyone was riding the #Carloraus tag, while now no one is questioning Kovac. Why ? I don't know. Someone should tell me why. Overall, the players are looking lost.
- At the end of the game, Thiago was screaming to the players on the pitch to applaud the fans and to not go straight to the dressing room. What the **** is up with their minds ?

I heard Kovac screaming "Tempo, Tempo" around the 55th minute. I think that the players were waiting *something to happen* and suddenly to score a goal. All the payers - angry - Kimmich screaming to Robben; Ribery screaming to Sanches; everyone shouting at the ref on every foul; We should put our feet on the ground.

Average Lewandowski, James, Thiago, Süle, Alaba - Robbery were bad, Müller didn't change anything on the field for almost 45 minutes (except one good pass for Lewandowski), Sanches was bad in the first 45, Kimmich was very angry on something, wasn't really focused on the game. Boa made the stupid foul for the penalty, but i'm not going to blame him for the loss. Süle got away with far worse playing in some games.

The positive(s):

- Gnabry was the only player that i liked tonight (though he did nothing memorable - only one good shot). I can't **** understand WHY he is not playing every single possible minute right now ? He should gain some confidence, but this cannot happen while he is sitting on the bench. First of all, Gnabry is the archetypal Kovac player: young, pacey, crafty and raw. Most importantly, however, the winger is positionally flexible and quick to adapt. Kovac LIED to him, because in August he said that Serge is going to appear in many formations, but he is mostly appearing on the bench. I can understand why he was sitting on the bench if the starting wings were Hazard,Mbappe,Neymar,Salah,Bale,Sane, etc.. - i would humbly accept the decision, but the 2018 versions of Ribery and Robben - comeone man, this is a joke.

I feel like the strong people in the team (Rummenigge, Uli, Brazzo, Kovac) should sit on the table and talk about the current objectives & the further development, because we're not going anywhere with our current actions. The bad thing is that this is at least the 20th time that we're talking almost the same way, but nothing has changed.

boring and wrong analysis
banter23
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:55 pm

banter23 wrote:
boring and wrong analysis

Appreciate that brilliant insight. Forum wouldn't be the same without users like this.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Pips » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:02 pm

Pep played Kimmich on DMC, DC, AMC, ST, and when he is finally settled on RB, Low switched him back on DMC and guess what - he is losing it, Alaba never really recovered and so on...

This is looking a lot like start of last season under Carlo.
Pips
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby BayernSupporter » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:50 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Long post..

- At the end of the game, Thiago was screaming to the players on the pitch to applaud the fans and to not go straight to the dressing room. What the **** is up with their minds ?

The positive(s):

- Gnabry was the only player that i liked tonight (though he did nothing memorable - only one good shot). I can't **** understand WHY he is not playing every single possible minute right now ? He should gain some confidence, but this cannot happen while he is sitting on the bench. First of all, Gnabry is the archetypal Kovac player: young, pacey, crafty and raw. Most importantly, however, the winger is positionally flexible and quick to adapt. Kovac LIED to him, because in August he said that Serge is going to appear in many formations, but he is mostly appearing on the bench. I can understand why he was sitting on the bench if the starting wings were Hazard,Mbappe,Neymar,Salah,Bale,Sane, etc.. - i would humbly accept the decision, but the 2018 versions of Ribery and Robben - comeone man, this is a joke.

Because Kovacs has a worse squad than Carlo had, that is why.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
BayernSupporter
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:07 pm

The team gets more and more unbalanced the older Robbery grow. Can't wait for the window to open again. At least we'll get Davies.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:09 pm

"Renato can play there"
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga