You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-09-27] Hannover 96 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:02 pm

Hannover 96 will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
92%

Total votes : 12

[2008-09-27] Hannover 96 vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:02 pm

Schlaudraff is expected to shrug off an injury and play against Bayern in this match. So far, Guerrero, Pizarro and Trochowski have all taken revenge on Bayern. Will Schlaudraff be next? I have to say he's playing really well for them since he joined them.

The big question here is ... will Klinsmann continue with 4-4-2 or will he revert to 3-5-2? With 3-5-2 we are essentially losing a midfielder and gaining a central defender, since the full backs are playing more advanced in midfield, leaving 3 true midfielders instead of 4. With Ribery back in the frame, it will be a bit difficult.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2008-09-27] Hannover 96 vs Bayern Munich

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:22 pm

Okay, I think it'll go this way:

---------------------------------------Rensing------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------Lucio-----------------------Demichelis-----------------------------
Oddo---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Lahm---
---------------------------------------- MVB---------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------Ze Roberto ---------------------------------- Borowski-------------------
-------------------(Shweini)------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------Ribery----------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------- Klose----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------Toni----------------------------------------------------
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:35 pm

I liked the pairing of Ottl and Borowski against Nuremberg, I think it deserves another try! I thought they had pretty good teamwork, and in fact the 2nd goal was an assist from Ottl to Borowski. So, I'd switch Van Bommel with Ottl in your formation
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:40 pm

MUTU wrote:I liked the pairing of Ottl and Borowski against Nuremberg, I think it deserves another try! I thought they had pretty good teamwork, and in fact the 2nd goal was an assist from Ottl to Borowski. So, I'd switch Van Bommel with Ottl in your formation

Agree 100%. Field Ottl and bench MVB. Borowski has won a place in the starting line-up but it is a hard decision to bench ZE. Maybe we can burn Shweini, Borowski or Ribery in the first half and bring Ze as a sub between half time and the 60th.

IMO, we need to start relying more in Ottl to see if he can deliver what it takes. I do not see future for MVB in the team and we need to figure out where we stand before January. I also wonder if Micho can start playing DM under Klinsmann, he refused to play that position under Hitzfeld but that is where he started his career. The only problem is that Van Buyten is not reliable on the back but we can let Breno taste a little bit of the game too and Lucio speaking the same language can be a good influence.

Hannover is struggling with consistency right now (same as we are :oops: ). We should be able to beat them [-o< .
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:28 pm

Definitely Ottl and Borowski. Rest Ze for Lyon, or maybe have him play one half and Ribery the other. I didn't get to see how Franck did yesterday, did he look good to go? He needs playing time, for sure, but is he ready for 90? I hope so. Klinsmann said today he plans to rotate a bunch from now on in certain positions, I'm assuming he means attackers. Which leads me to ask, where's Toni Kroos?
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:48 am

According to Klinsmann Ribery is gonna be playing one half against Hannover and the first 60 minutes against Lyon ,
then he's gonna be substituted , which is a good thing , they shouldnt rush him back too quickly and
risk another injury . :wink:
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:31 am

MrLinky wrote:According to Klinsmann Ribery is gonna be playing one half against Hannover and the first 60 minutes against Lyon ,
then he's gonna be substituted , which is a good thing , they shouldnt rush him back too quickly and

Where did you hear/read this?
I don't think Klinsmann should be talking about how he's going to manage his substitutions, although what you said makes sense. It seemed pretty clear when he played against Nuremberg that he was missing match practice, though you could sense that our opponents were really scared of him.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:33 am

FCBinNYC wrote:Which leads me to ask, where's Toni Kroos?

If Klinsmann keeps him on the bench (against Nuremberg, he did not even make the bench!), then I think it would be better if he's loaned out in January. The same thing applies to Breno.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shwas55 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:11 pm

I will be happy as long as VB is on the bench, our midfield really plays much better when he isnt around, i think Borowski earned his spot in the first 11.
I think VB should be given one more chance(just cuz he is the captain) if he doesnt take it well then he should be striped of the captaincy.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:56 pm

I wish we'd sell MVB and get a better #6. Though it would seem pretty funny! One minute you're captain, the next minute you get kicked out, LOL! :lol: :lol:
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby ballackfcb » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:51 pm

Hopefully Franck will start the game against Hannover, my prediction is 1-2 bayern, goals from super Franck and grande Luca! =P~
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Jorge » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:47 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBinNYC wrote:Which leads me to ask, where's Toni Kroos?

If Klinsmann keeps him on the bench (against Nuremberg, he did not even make the bench!), then I think it would be better if he's loaned out in January. The same thing applies to Breno.

The key is not benching Kroos or Breno permanently, I am against labelling players, like having 11 starters, 3 or 4 secured subs and the rest wandering around, we have plenty of competition (BL, CL and Pokal) to keep everyone playing and nobody should be skeptical about fielding young inexperienced players, Bremen did against us and they spanked us.

They were without Frings, Jensen, Fritz and Almeida and they play better than us. Instead they fielded players like Ozil who is only 19 and it is not even in Bremen's first team. Wouldn't be the same if we bench one of our "labelled midfield starters" to give Kroos a chance. This is what I am talking about when I say bench MVB and field Ottl, we can do the same in 3-5-2 system with Breno playing instead of Van Buyten> Micho and Lucio should compensate for Breno's lack of experience.

It is the saem that I have been saying about the strikers when some talk about buying new ones: why we don't use enough what we have? It is Toni-Klose always: we need to rotate them. That theory of bring in the 3rd striker at the 80th minute to do in 10 min what the other two did not do in 80 does not hold waters. We need to rotate them, we need to do more at least one substitution at half time, one between the 60 and the 70 and if it is safe the 3rd in the 80th.

Only one of our strikers can provide 80th minute impact: Klose and he is too good to have him limited to that. Podolski will never be an 80th min sub, he is not that guy who will make array runs through spaces getting unmarked and tapping the ball in, the guy who can drive the tired defenders crazy with pace without the ball; Toni by far will never be, he needs to build into the game, get the rhythm to do his work.

One thing I want to mention because it was discussed here before is changing to a 4-4-2 system. Call me crazy but if we change to that I prefer Lell than Oddo to start the game, then depending on the score Oddo as a sub.

Although Oddo proved to be way ahead of Lell going forward (his runs are more unpredictable-effective and his crosses are world class) he showed signs of lack of speed going back to cover defense in almost every game (age?), and this is not the case for Lell. In a 3-5-2 system it is almost a no brainer at this point that I will grant starts in the most important matches to Oddo while I keep Lell in form with occasional starts and more time as sub.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MrLinky » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:10 pm

MUTU wrote:
MrLinky wrote:According to Klinsmann Ribery is gonna be playing one half against Hannover and the first 60 minutes against Lyon ,

Where did you hear/read this?

It was an interview on ARD right after the Cup-win against Nurnberg .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:53 pm

Schalke lost to Koln today. =D> La la la lalala FC Bayern Munchen! =D>
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby vxg7826 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:24 am

The thing is that Bayern should structure a team that brings 3 points to Munich. The best would be by benching this game Toni. I am eager to see him in the banch sometimes because he is not that much in form. It should be a win-win situation there because he would rest against Lyon, and Podolski would be paired with Klose, which is another good action to experience. With regard to midfield, I would play a classic midfield this time by lining up: Ribery-Borowski-Ze-Shweini, plus Podolski would be an additional help to the middfielding part.
vxg7826
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Next

Return to Bundesliga