You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-09-27] Hannover 96 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:02 pm

Hannover 96 will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
92%

Total votes : 12

Re: [2008-09-27] Hannover 96 vs Bayern Munich

Postby Hawkeye » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:08 am

OK, here's my opinion on the 3-5-2 vs 4-4-2 debate. Last year Bayern played 4-4-2 for pretty much the whole season, with the exception of a few preseason matches against Stuttgart and Schalke. In the Bundesliga at least, Bayern did well enough with a rather conservative formation, with matches against Dortmund and Frankfurt being examples of how un-inspiring that formation can be. I think against team which dont pose much of an attacking threat, by all means, use the 3-5-2, but against teams like Bremen, Schakle etc, who wont just play for a draw, for pity's sake, 4-4-2 is much better. Last seasons form is something to go by. I think had Hitzfeld used 3-5-2 last year against defensive teams, Bayern would not have drawn as much as they did. We would however have conceded more goals, I feel.

So, against ultra conservative teams, use the 3-5-2, but against teams which will attack ( most notably bayern's main title rivals in the bundesliga, and teams in the Champions league) go with the tried, tested and proved 4-4-2. I noticed the comment in this discussion previously that with the 3-5-2 we controlled the midfield...well yes, we did against Hertha Berlin, but the match against Bremen was a different story, Bayern were totally outplayed, and Diego controlled the central corridor for the entire match. The 4-4-2 formation still allows for some good attacking football though, the 4-0 win against Bremen last season (which seems like a decade ago to me now :() is testimony to this. Also, in my opinion, Bayern are still without one of their most potent attacking players, and I'm not talking about Ribery. Hamit Altintop was absolutely magnificent for us last season before his injury, and while the return of Ribery is fantastic, I don't think Altintops influence should be underestimated. The best value for money transfer ever...such a wonderful player for FREE!! With the 4-4-2 formation, with Ribery, Schweinsteiger and Altintop all available, I think we'll be ok in terms of midfield control, in the bundesliga at least. As long as van Bommel either vastly improves or is replaced. There is a good reason why 4-4-2 is the most popular formation in football...and if the payers get themselves sorted and develop a good rhythm, well, watch out Bremen :) This is just my humble opinion.
Hawkeye
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:05 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:

Gattuso, Oddo,Toni and Pirlo is only Italians I like, so I would like to see Gattuso at Bayern, but I think, that he is too old... We need young, but strong DM. I think Diaby from Arsenal would be nice, but he gets injured very often. :(

It was the same thing with Toni last year , he was labeled as this old attacker that didnt make it in the Serie A until the age of 27 but we all know
of what importance he turned out to be for us . :wink:
If you saw the derby Milan-Inter last night you'll know of what he's capable to do for a team (even at the age of 31) , he was simply everywhere , Quaresma looked like an amateur player everytime he got into a duel with Gennaro .
This is off topic , as for the game it was the stereotype of a match in the 06/07 season , the kind of game you think to yourself what is it they earn
millions for doing ?!
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:45 pm

The funny part is: 11 votes (91%) that Bayern will win, only 1 vote (8%) that Bayern will draw, and O vote that we will lose. It came like a frisbee in the head. :lol: :lol:
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby reiniksrobis » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:27 pm

MrLinky wrote:
reiniksrobis wrote:

Gattuso, Oddo,Toni and Pirlo is only Italians I like, so I would like to see Gattuso at Bayern, but I think, that he is too old... We need young, but strong DM. I think Diaby from Arsenal would be nice, but he gets injured very often. :(

It was the same thing with Toni last year , he was labeled as this old attacker that didnt make it in the Serie A until the age of 27 but we all know
of what importance he turned out to be for us . :wink:
If you saw the derby Milan-Inter last night you'll know of what he's capable to do for a team (even at the age of 31) , he was simply everywhere , Quaresma looked like an amateur player everytime he got into a duel with Gennaro .
This is off topic , as for the game it was the stereotype of a match in the 06/07 season , the kind of game you think to yourself what is it they earn
millions for doing ?!

Yes, I saw Milan derby last night, after that again I wanted Gattuso in Bayern... He was second best player on field, just after Kaka. He was brilliant. He has loads of energy and looked like he can play 180 minutes and stay tireless...

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Previous

Return to Bundesliga