You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[17-02-2008] Hannover 96 -vs- Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

The result of the Hannover 96 & Bayern Munich game will be a ....

A) Hannover will get lucky and win
No votes
B) Another freaking draw
40%
C) Bayern magically wins the game
60%

Total votes : 5

[17-02-2008] Hannover 96 -vs- Bayern Munich

Postby tracylynn » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:11 am

Sorry for not putting this up earlier but I had forgotten all about it. I'm surprised that no one else created this thread. Oh well. Now we have a thread that will allow us to discuss the game.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:20 pm

Click on this link to find out on what channels you can watch the match live:

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?match ... art=sports
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Hawkeye » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Bayern HAS to win, Bremen drew level on points today....
Hawkeye
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:52 pm

The chances Bayern are missing are incredible. Van Bommel had two chances and one a piece for Altintop and Toni. Van Buyten is playing very well while Roberto is very quite. Let's hope for a better second half display and some goals.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:18 pm

Toni is back with his trademark goal celebrations!!..
1-0 to Bayern
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:23 pm

Toni with another goal!!..A very good assist by Schweini..

2-0 to Bayern
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:02 pm

FT Score: Hannover 0-3 Bayern Munich

Scorers: Toni 58', 64', 82

Good second half for Bayern. I wished that Klose had scored though and that Hitzfeld could have brought Podolski on earlier. In 7 minutes he can't show what he is capable of! Good cover up by Buyten for the spilled ball of Kahn.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby FCBinNYC » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:25 pm

I was worried at the beginning, but somewhere near the end of the first half the team got it's ish together and I correctly predicted the final score, to some ridicule. Got a beer out of it though, so optimistic predictions do pay off, kids!
Gotta love the hat-trick, he even got right foot, left foot, header to make it extra classy. Even Schweini was doing pretty good in the second half, with an assist to boot. No complaints from me on this game, if we pick up from there on Thursday Aberdeen hasn't got a chance!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBinNYC » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Aberdeen also lost 3-1 today. Whether that's good or bad for us, I'm not sure.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby walter » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:48 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:Aberdeen also lost 3-1 today. Whether that's good or bad for us, I'm not sure.

It's good for us, they loose momentum. I think that result would've only been bad if Aberdeen was a big club (e.g Man U) and they needed to prove a point against Bayern after slipping a game they should have won...

I only watched the second half of the game today, impressive stuff by Toni, and two great passes by Schweini... the back four also looked solid rock...The disappointing thing for me is that I'm still waiting to see more of Kroos, Schlaudraff, and Sosa...and also Podolski should be given more time and not wait until past the 80 min mark to send him in.
Last edited by walter on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:43 am

Its official fellas,

Luca Toni is the "Player of the season" in Germany..hands down.

He scored what is callled a "German Hattrick" - All goals in the same half with no other player scoring in between. :)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby walter » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:56 am

If he ends up being top goalscorer in both Bundesliga an Uefa Cup there is indeed a good chance that Toni will get the best Bundesliga player award. He faces stiff competition from Diego, Van der Vaart, and Ribery though.

Also, Petric and Gomes are on fire now and they will offer a close competition for the top goalscorer.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby tracylynn » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:35 am

Interesting game. Bayern did not well in the first half but they did play much better in the second half. Luckily, Hannover did not score in the first half when Lahm made that huge error. Yikes!!

Toni is the man. His goals were just awesome, especially the header. I was impressed with the fact that he stayed in position to get that rebound to score that goal. I hope he can keep it up.

Too bad Bayern only has one striker at the moment. Klose is in La La Land and who knows when he's going to return. I just wish he can get things together so that he and Toni can become the powerful strike force that they were at the start of the season. If not, he needs to be bench and Podolski needs to start.

Schweinstieger was much better in the second half.

Sagnol is not ready. He is not playing good.

Altintop needs to sit out. His form has dropped.

I also wish to see Sosa, Kroos, and Schlaudraff in the starting line-up.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:10 am

Sagnol is not ready. He is not playing good.

I don't agree. In my opinion he played well. He provides those good precise crosses to the forward. Maybe he is not entirely match fit yet.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:15 pm

Willy is lacking in some areas right now compared to his usual self, but what do you expect? 9 months is a long time out. He still did more than Lell's been doing in his absence, both in attack and defending. I didn't think Altintop was that bad either, it seemed like he was always leading on the counterattack. The only problem is he's trying to fill in for Ribery, but he's just not fast enough to be a straight replacement. Or maybe he was just tired from the Aberdeen trip? Whatever, the point is he's a fighter and he did what he does fairly well, probably just needs to work on his passing a bit. At least the players are starting to put themselves forward as options as opposed to back-ups, it's about time. Let's hope they keep it up.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to Bundesliga