You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2009-01-30] Hamburg SV vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Who will be the winner of the first match after the winter break ?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:38 pm

Hamburg
No votes
Bayern
90%
A Point each
10%

Total votes : 10

Re: [2009-01-30] Hamburg SV vs Bayern Munich

Postby shwas55 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:14 am

Tomas wrote: this is why I love Bundesliga compared to other leagues. Almost a consistent excitement to matches within the top 4 to 6 placed teams in the table when they play each other. I have seen so many of the big 4 clubs in other leagues, especially the EPL... and they are complete bores. Im so glad winter break is over with!

We can agree on that :D
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernRtheBest » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:24 am

Hey what about Jansen guys, he was pretty impressive out there. Consistent with his tackles, and precise with his pin point tackling. Man why did we let him go????
BayernRtheBest

Postby walter » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

BayernRtheBest wrote:Hey what about Jansen guys, he was pretty impressive out there. Consistent with his tackles, and precise with his pin point tackling. Man why did we let him go????

I agree he is a great player and he had a great game but I was fine with him leaving because Lahm is simply better and Lahm plays better as a LB than a RB. Jansen regrettably can only play on the left and he is too good to be a LB substitute.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby reiniksrobis » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:18 am

One of best match I`ve seen. Best match since 10.04.2008[in Getafe] :o Many chances, beautyful football, scoring opportunities, GREAT FOOTBALL! This is why I love Bundesliga. The bad thing was our SUPERbad finishing :( Toni could have scored 3-5 goals himself, Klose AT LEAST 1 goal! Great football, bad result!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:46 pm

In the second half we missed enough chances to decide not one , but four matches in our advantage.The attackers should have been more concentrated in finishing.Ribery was a total breakdown in the first half , same as Klose.I think after that second half at least a point for us was completely deserved , but thats how it goes in football if you dont use your 100000% chances.

Lets hope this was the final warning for our players to take things seriously , cause sometimes I have the impression they go into matches with an arrogant attitude thinking "we'll beat the opponent easily , no need to give 120%".You see the result of that attitude in the BL table , Hamburg is now a point ahead of us , and Hoffenheim are probably gonna be 3 points ahead of us after today's game against Cottbus.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:03 pm

MrLinky wrote:
You see the result of that attitude in the BL table , Hamburg is now a point ahead of us , and Hoffenheim are probably gonna be 3 points ahead of us after today's game against Cottbus.

Even Hertha and Leverkusen might end up ahead of us after today's games, if they win we will drop to 5th place.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:56 pm

shwas55 wrote:
walter wrote:
IMO Trochowski was man of the match, and yes, why did we let this guy go? he has really been impressive since VDV left Hamburg.

See i think its what happens when we leave talented young players on the bench, and not give them enough playing time, We lose them. Im sure if we gave them some regular playing time, and ease them slowly into first team action they wont leave. We had Trochowski sine he was a junior till 2005 he was (19-20) when he left for lack of first team action, same goes for Hummels, we are really gonna come back to regret his sale in 2 years time.
I hope we dont do the same thing with Kroos, cuz if you look closely the signs are very similar. Lets hope we arnt gonna lose him.

I could not agree more! I have been saying that all along, but keep in mind that when one mentions here benching Ribery or Toni or whoever for only one match to give a chance to one of those young prospects everyone starts screaming. You can not imagine our team without the marquee players but one day they get injured or suspended and the sub does not deliver because you can not expect anyone to come from warming the bench for 6 months and deliver results, on the other hand the same XI formation does not work in the long run as the opposite team can figure out a strategy to neutralize us, IMO what Zenit did last year.
Not only Trochowski, look at this example: Podolski is not a better player today than two years ago when he joined us. Roque Santa Cruz was full of potential and very young when he joined us but because long periods of hibernation on the bench failed to deliver everytime he was given a chance, for some reason Blackburn was able to get the best out of him in only one season. Can somebody help me with my football economics? He could not score for us and we sold him for £3.5 million, then he becomes a nightmare for EPL defenders netting 23 goals in his first season and now he is worth at least £25 millions after Blackburn rejected an £18.5M bid from Man City. Why we can not do for a player’s development what Blackburn Rovers can do?
Last edited by Jorge on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:22 pm

Just to drop my two cents:

1. Rensing will have to work on ball retention if wants to make it, he again and again "spanks" - I wouldn't even call it parrying- the ball in any direction" and does not even try for retention on the simplest shot.
2. Altintop as a RB scared the heck out of me he does not understand the timing and transitions and was caught out of position again and again
3. Ribery was sluggish the whole match and somehow I saw Ze lacking space for his runs as a consequence of Ribery’s neutralization, too good we have Ribery as he is that kind of world football crack who can change the course of a game with a simple touch but we have to be careful about dependency, when he is off we need other players to step up and deliver, Schweini did but ran out of gas
4. Klose was nowhere to be seen throughout the first half, luckily he moved up to a higher gear on the second.
5. Van Bommel was good putting pressure on midfield (I see improvements) but he needed more help from the rest of the midfield (I saw Ribery several times just standing and watching how the opponents were dribbling thru only a couple of feet from him)
6. Bayern abused of aerial balls, this will always be a good component of our game as we have excellent headers and excellent crossers but we need to mix it up more with ground triangulations to use some of player's skills in that area (some flashes here and there but not well balanced) and also we need some vertical long pass counter-attacks (almost non-existent for this match), that is what will keep our opponents guessing so we can tear them apart with the quality of our team.

In general a well contested game, very entertaining but Hamburg edged us so they deserved the win. We need some tactical adjustments.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby shwas55 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:48 pm

Jorge wrote:
but keep in mind that when one mentions here benching Ribery or Toni or whoever for only one match to give a chance to one of those young prospects everyone starts screaming. You can not imagine our team without the marquee players but one day they get injured or suspended and the sub does not deliver because you can not expect anyone to come from warming the bench for 6 months and deliver results, on the other hand the same XI formation does not work in the long run as the opposite team can figure out a strategy to neutralize us, IMO what Zenit did last year.

Great point, these type of players dont have to be 90 mins player at least if we can make them regular subs (20-25 mins every match). Take Kroos for example we all know he is one of the best young midfielders in the world, but still he doesnt see no where near enough time to continue his development and get the experience he needs to become a regular player. Now he wants to leave and you cant blame him. All im saying is a better list management from the coach and the board will do wonders for us in the present and future. If we dont want to spend lots of money like the other big clubs, then we have to find those young talented players and make sure they develop right so they can become superstars for us in the future, im not saying we become Arsenal and neglect the present, but im sure we can find a happy medium where we can get the results in the present and give young players valuable playing time .
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby elcalifornio » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:12 pm

Hamburg did what hoffenheim did. They came out fast from the 1st minute on and never let up. They trippled Ribery at times and neutralized him very well. Schweini just holds up that right side too much ( he can't make fast agressive decisions). Lell was ok but hampered by his lack of quality. Lahm was world class yet again. The man is really unbelievable. VB is just not cutting it. He could have seen three yellows maybe even a red for that Australian rules mid-air check :shock:
Luca not only missed 1000%ers but also got balls palyed to him on the wing and infront of the box (midfield) where he just can't beat anyone 1 on 1. Klose wasn't on the field the fisrt half was he :lol:

If teams are agressive and get their tactics right they can beat Bayern because there are some real weaknesses there.
Too dependent on Ribery. Too dependent on Ribery.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Previous

Return to Bundesliga