You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-08-24] FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:30 pm

FC Schalke 04 will win
20%
It will end in a draw
40%
Bayern Munich will win
40%

Total votes : 5

Re: [2019-08-24] FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Postby bastos80 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:07 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
bastos80 wrote:
sherpthederp wrote:Good thing we decided Roca wasn’t good enough... really dodged a bullet there, smfh

1) Wouldn't have played today anyways

Why not?

He could have been signed 1 month ago. Brazzo met his agent in July

Because a transfer wasn't really a topic again until Renato Sanches left.
----------- Lewandowski ---------
Gnabry ----- Havertz ------ Sané
--------- Thiago --- Tolisso -------
Alaba --- Lucas -- Süle --- Kimmich
---------------- Neuer -----------------

Coach: Erik ten Hag
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:08 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
bastos80 wrote:
sherpthederp wrote:Good thing we decided Roca wasn’t good enough... really dodged a bullet there, smfh

2) We're still looking for someone else. Roca is not the only decent DM in the world. 90% of this forum didn't even know him before.

So yeah, smfh. Tone the polemics down a little.

It’s already matchday 2 and we apparently just decided the DM we’ve been linked to all summer long isn’t worth it. We still don’t have a decent alternative to Thiago and now we get to enjoy what happens when he isn’t available because of a complete lack of squad planning. But it’s ok, Kimmich can play there is the new Müller can play there.

You're way too fixated on a direct replacement. What's missing with Thiago is the creativity. For that we signed Coutinho and Cuisance also. There's ways to compensate for Thiago's injury without a pure #6. It's just unfortunate that Cuisance and Coutinho aren't ready yet.

bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lahmies » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:10 pm

Again, squad planning. It’s not unreasonable to complain when we don’t have a finished squad by matchday two. This is a **** mess.
Lahmies
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Machiavellico » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:12 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

2) We're still looking for someone else. Roca is not the only decent DM in the world. 90% of this forum didn't even know him before.

So yeah, smfh. Tone the polemics down a little.

It’s already matchday 2 and we apparently just decided the DM we’ve been linked to all summer long isn’t worth it. We still don’t have a decent alternative to Thiago and now we get to enjoy what happens when he isn’t available because of a complete lack of squad planning. But it’s ok, Kimmich can play there is the new Müller can play there.

Just because we were linked it doesn't mean that there was clear intention. Remember, no tier 1 journalists reported it. It was always Marca/Sky. Besides, perhaps Cuisance was meant as an alternative to Thiago, but there was no way he'd start so soon.

And already matchday 2? It's not march, man. It's the second game, after which there will anyway be an international break. There's still time for a deal and for introduction. Remember, any player that comes will have already undergone preseason preparation and it's not like he needs months to adapt to the tactics. There aren't any.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby Lahmies » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:14 pm

And btw, it’s not “unfortunate”, it’s amateurish.
Lahmies
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:14 pm

bastos80 wrote:
You're way too fixated on a direct replacement. What's missing with Thiago is the creativity. For that we signed Coutinho and Cuisance also. There's ways to compensate for Thiago's injury without a pure #6. It's just unfortunate that Cuisance and Coutinho aren't ready yet.

What we lack without Thiago is control, creativity is great but it doesn’t mean shit if you can’t control a game. Neither Coutinho nor Cuisance can sit back in front of the CBs and survive a heavy press, while still contributing forward passes.

We desperately need a ball playing 6 to pair with or replace Thiago when he’s not available. None of our current players besides maybe Tolisso, and that’s a big maybe, can play in that role.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:15 pm

Lahmies wrote:Again, squad planning. It’s not unreasonable to complain when we don’t have a finished squad by matchday two. This is a **** mess.

No clear squad planning? The fact that we're not willing to spend 40 Million on a player that doesn't 100% fit the profile actually speaks for a clear plan to me.
Just look at the midfield options for god's sake. Just because you're not able to imagine other options besides a 433 with a deep-lying playmaker, doesn't mean the squad is ****. Kovac is talking about being flexible all summer long.

bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:17 pm

Lahmies wrote:And btw, it’s not “unfortunate”, it’s amateurish.

Was also amateurish to sign Robben a week before the window closed back then, I guess.
Shit, shouldn't have done that.

You're pissing your pants because of a line-up against Schalke on the 2nd matchday. Get a grip man.
Last edited by bastos80 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lahmies » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:18 pm

First it was “the window isn’t open yet”, then “it’s only july, we’ll have a good team by the supercup”, then “we didn’t, but we will when the bundesliga starts!” and now, what, “it’s only matchday two”? do we have to wait for deadline day to realize this was a shit planned window? come on.
Last edited by Lahmies on Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lahmies
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:22 pm

bastos80 wrote:
Lahmies wrote:Again, squad planning. It’s not unreasonable to complain when we don’t have a finished squad by matchday two. This is a **** mess.

No clear squad planning? The fact that we're not willing to spend 40 Million on a player that doesn't 100% fit the profile actually speaks for a clear plan to me.
Just look at the midfield options for god's sake. Just because you're not able to imagine other options besides a 433 with a deep-lying playmaker, doesn't mean the squad is ****. Kovac is talking about being flexible all summer long.

I’m not even thinking about that failure of a 433, we won’t be playing it past October anyway. Kovac will either be sacked or revert back to 4231 like last season.

The fact is teams win by pressing hard against us, so yeah we need some sort of player who can sit deep break that press and play through it. Regardless of the formation, we don’t have a single player besides Thiago that fits that mold.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Lahmies » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:22 pm

bastos80 wrote:

When we change our minds many times during a transfer window, YES, IT DOES SHOW POOR **** SQUAD PLANNING. this whole window was “We want A”, then go for B. then realize we have to let C go, so we go after D, except we changed our minds, so who knows, maybe we’ll go for XYZ!
We don’t even have enough players to fill a bench. Sh!t. Squad.
Last edited by Lahmies on Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lahmies
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Lahmies » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:23 pm

bastos80 wrote:

Was also amateurish to sign Robben a week before the window closed back then, I guess.

You're pissing your pants because of a line-up against Schalke on the 2nd matchday. Get a grip man.

Are you blind? You think this is an isolated incident? **** off, this has been written on the walls and will probably happen again.
Lahmies
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bastos80 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:29 pm

Lahmies wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

When we change our minds many times during a transfer window, YES, IT DOES SHOW POOR **** SQUAD PLANNING. this whole window was “We want A”, then go for B. then realize we have to let C go, so we go after D, except we changed our minds, so who knows, maybe we’ll go for XYZ!

It's not like you can't be flexible and act when opportunities arise.
Plan A was Rodrigo, who's both defensively solid and good on the ball. Didn't happen, no adequate alternative that would be worth to stack the midfield anymore, so we let it be. There were talks about Roca but he was considered too expensive to be a simple nice addition for the team.
Now Sanches is gone and there is a free spot in midfield that could be filled with a similar type of player to Rodrigo if we find one.
Believe it or not, the transfer market isn't a Make your Wish Event. If there's nobody that 100% fits the profile, it's better to trust on the flexibility of the already available options than spending millions of euros on an option that nobody is 100% happy with.
Just because you're not fixated completely on one single type of player for 3 months, doesn't mean there is no "plan".
I'm not saying our plan was 100% perfect, but you're just way to dramatic. "Come on".
Last edited by bastos80 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JJJ » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:30 pm

Anyone saw Kimmich entering the field? Legend, make him captain, now.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Kraft
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Schöpf, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can, Contento
Müller, Wagner

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby bastos80 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:31 pm

Lahmies wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

Are you blind? You think this is an isolated incident? **** off, this has been written on the walls and will probably happen again.

Calm down, dickhead. Brazzo is an amateur, yes. Wow, who'd have thought?
Saying that last minute signings are "amateurish" is just dumb and history has proven it.
The "plan" was Sane. What would have been amateurish is not having an alternative at all.

bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga