You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-10-31] FC Köln vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:30 pm

1. FC Köln will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 5

Re: [2020-10-31] FC Köln vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:16 am

Don't get the hate on Sarr. He was playing out of position and I think apart from a few very obvious glitches (including that chest corner concession) he wasn't as miserable as guys here are making him out to be. Yes he did screw up some attacks but he also showed decent pace and skill from time to time.

Meanwhile Pavard was constantly getting caught out of position and that Jacobs guy was doing a number on him.

Yes he's still new and adjusting to our players and tactics. Also please remember that Sarr is only here as a depth/rotation player so if he does a decent job and we end up with three points that's all Bayern needs.

Pavard is one who is worrying me a bit. He's been absolutely mediocre since his Pre Chelsea UCL injury back in August.

Come March/April/May when the BL title will be at stake and when we're up against the big clubs in the UCL, unless there's a plague of injuries (which is always a sad possiblity at Bayern) Sarr won't be a starter but Pavard will be one so IMO there other French fullback is a greater issue than Sarr.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:32 am

I don't know if Marc Roca will succeed or not, but I totally understand why he's not getting much playing time yet

In Flick's system everyone needs to communicate and understand our tactics and the midfield is probably the most crucial position. Marc Roca will need time to adapt and I don't expect him to play more than 15-30 min for a long time.

Something similar happened to Costa. At the moment Flick would rather play Tolisso than Douglas Costa, even if that means Müller needs to play wide

The reason is that Costa will also need time to learn our system and how to effectively press high whereas Müller and Tolisso can already master it

As I said on Flick's thread, we cannot afford too many individual errors in our high pressing because that would lead to clear goal chances for the opposition

I think Marc Roca will eventually get there

Regarding Sarr... I think he just sucks. But let's give him time
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:58 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I don't know if Marc Roca will succeed or not, but I totally understand why he's not getting much playing time yet

In Flick's system everyone needs to communicate and understand our tactics and the midfield is probably the most crucial position. Marc Roca will need time to adapt and I don't expect him to play more than 15-30 min for a long time.

Something similar happened to Costa. At the moment Flick would rather play Tolisso than Douglas Costa, even if that means Müller needs to play wide

The reason is that Costa will also need time to learn our system and how to effectively press high whereas Müller and Tolisso can already master it

As I said on Flick's thread, we cannot afford too many individual errors in our high pressing because that would lead to clear goal chances for the opposition

I think Marc Roca will eventually get there

Regarding Sarr... I think he just sucks. But let's give him time
What you are saying also means that both Roca and Costa where not desired by Flick
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bmguy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:59 am

Zirkzee only deserves to be in League 3 where he's barely scored a goal in 2 years.

I understand Bayern want to seed a real CF that has potential to play in Bundesliga, or further, to replace Lewy. We traded Wintzheimer for Arp with a high hope but it turns out not as good as we might have expected because Arp shares the same pair of glass legs with Robben. He's doing ok this season, and I hope one day he can take back the spot from Zirkzee to play as backup striker for the first team :roll:
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby bmguy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:02 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Regarding Sarr... I think he just sucks. But let's give him time

yes, I think his best position is RB, not LB. so dont' rush to judgement :roll:
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby ProfessorMuller » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:09 am

Effenberg777 wrote:
Fénix wrote:Gove some time to Sarr, don't judge him too quickly, after just how many... 3 games?
The guy needs to adapt to a new environment, level of football, expectations, language, teammates, etc.
After 7-8 months we will know what he is made of and how much does he contribute to Bayern, but not now.

Then he can go 7 8 months to Bayern academy not first team

How would that do anything positive for team and player?
ProfessorMuller
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:36 am

ramsej84 wrote:What you are saying also means that both Roca and Costa where not desired by Flick

No, that's not what I'm saying.

Javi Martinez also needed time to adapt to our team as he came in on the final days of August. And by that time he was already a very good player and we paid 40M for him.

Marc Roca is an unexperienced player who just arrived in Germany from the Spanish 2nd division, didn't have any pre season whatsoever and for sure he will need time to adapt to the system.

Regarding Costa, he can do his thing on the pitch. But needs to learn how to press high and work on his positioning off the ball. That's why I think Flick has opted for Tolisso in two crucial games like vs Atletico and Lokomotiv.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:41 am

bmguy wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Regarding Sarr... I think he just sucks. But let's give him time

yes, I think his best position is RB, not LB. so dont' rush to judgement :roll:

I know but he was extremely poor in his 15-20 minutes vs Atletico too. He barely had anything to do yet managed to screw up a few times.

But yeah, he definitely needs time to adapt as well. But my expectations are not too high with him and I think he will be worse than Odriozola.
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:56 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:What you are saying also means that both Roca and Costa where not desired by Flick

No, that's not what I'm saying.

Javi Martinez also needed time to adapt to our team as he came in on the final days of August. And by that time he was already a very good player and we paid 40M for him.

Marc Roca is an unexperienced player who just arrived in Germany from the Spanish 2nd division, didn't have any pre season whatsoever and for sure he will need time to adapt to the system.

Regarding Costa, he can do his thing on the pitch. But needs to learn how to press high and work on his positioning off the ball. That's why I think Flick has opted for Tolisso in two crucial games like vs Atletico and Lokomotiv.
Espanyol were playing Primera Div last season.

Hopefully he makes it ... tbh I only watched him in the U21s and liked him a lot

We have to wait and see
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:56 pm

Guys, enjoy in Bayern and be aware of one giant thing at the moment - none of our players is complaining about anything, lack of playing time, the coach's methods, authority, etc. No reason to imagine troubles where there aren't any. :wink: :)

The season is so long, extremely difficult and dynamic and everyone is going to get their chance under Flick, especially Marc Roca. It's not just join Bayern and you can work in the pressing machine so easily and immediately.
It's actually very demanding at FC Bayern, not because you are a bad player, but because you still don't know how to play it.

This is physical football what we play, with elements of beauty, creativity and technique, but in it's core it's still very physical and aggressive, no slow tempo here and passing 1000000000 times. These days are gone, hopefully forever. [-o<
Flick has stated that Roca's problem won't be individual quality and skills to adapt, but the pressing machine, something that he didn't say but you can read between the lines. The same goes Costa and other players.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Fénix » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:26 pm

Bayern and Müller just in WWWWWWWWWWWW mode. Thank God, things you wait for so long are the sweetest. O:)
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Previous

Return to Bundesliga