You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[15-08-08] FC Bayern Munich vs HSV Hamburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Who will be the winner in the first match of the new season?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:19 am

Bayern begin their title defense with a win?
100%
Jol inspires Hamburg to a win with his superior tactics?
No votes
Draw?
No votes

Total votes : 7

[15-08-08] FC Bayern Munich vs HSV Hamburg

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:19 am

New Season.....New Kits.....New Coach......New Players

Finally the new Bundesliga season begins next Friday with the opening game involving last season Bundesliga champions Bayern against Hamburg. This is the first real test for Klinsmann and the pressure is on him to win this game. Hamburg also have a new coach, Martin Jol, ex manager of Tottenham but Hamburg lost playmaker Rafael Van der Vaart to Real Madrid.

Matchday 1
Kick off time: 20:30 CET
Venue: Allianz Arena, Munich
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:27 pm

The pressure is on, the crowd will be rockin, I'm ready for the season to begin already. Hamburg's given Bayern problems recently but I think we're gonna be fine this time. As long as they keep fighting on, we'll win.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ballackfcb » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:24 pm

I think Bayern will win comfortably, even without the star players Ribery and Toni. :roll:
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby walter » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 am

tough call. HSV has looked better than Bayern in preseason. Although now they don't have VDV so they are not as strong as last season.

I'm hoping Kroos is going to fulfill his place this season as a true world class player.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:12 am

ballackfcb wrote:I think Bayern will win comfortably, even without the star players Ribery and Toni. :roll:

Actually, Toni should be fit to play this match. Whether he will or not is another question, especially considering that both Podolski and Klose scored in the last match against Erfurt.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:14 am

MUTU wrote:
ballackfcb wrote:I think Bayern will win comfortably, even without the star players Ribery and Toni. :roll:

Actually, Toni should be fit to play this match. Whether he will or not is another question, especially considering that both Podolski and Klose scored in the last match against Erfurt.

I take it back.
Toni ruled out of Hamburg clash
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:37 pm

this sucks!

MVB: not good enough
Ze Roberto: old
Klose: will never be the same again
Kroos: not there yet
Schweini: overrated

Just like last season we are gonna be depending a lot (too much) on Ribery and Toni...
If these players are gonna be injured a lot, there is no chance of retaining the championship...
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:20 am

In my opinion, Ze Roberto and Schweinsteiger played well. Schweini just got tired in the second half. MVB did little to influence the game and already picked up a yellow yard. I bet in matchday 5 he will be suspended. :x We need Demichelis in as soon as possible and also Altintop who can be more dangerous on the right side and play Schweini as AM instead of Kroos as Walter said he is not their yet to take responsiblity of the midfield.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby shwas55 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:17 pm

I think poldi will be better than shwieni as an AM has more speed and better 1 on 1 skills.
MVB was the worst choice for a captain i think Lahm, Demi, lucio or even ribery deserved it more.
If MVB doesnt do better by matchday 3 he should be dropped and replaced by borowski.

I feel like klinsi didnt try players in different rolls in the off season.
When it was clear we werent getting any new players he should have tried to fix the weaknesses in the team with the players he had but instead i think he chose to ignore them.
i think Poldi should have been tried as an AM so as shwieni and borowski. Lahm should have been tried in the midfield( he is so creative when he goes forward and not as good in defence).
But the preseason games are over and trial time is over, and it looks like we will be depending on ribery to win games.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:11 am

Uli Hoeness on the match: "It was obvious we were missing some of our best players. You just can’t replace Luca Toni, Franck Ribéry and Martin Demichelis over the long haul." Well what the ****, we're Bayern! We shouldn't be relying on three players! POOR EXCUSE. We SHOULD be able to replace them when they're out, and if the current players aren't the ones to do it...well?

Now, I only saw the second half, but I was appalled with what I saw. Way too many long balls, they were standing off Hamburg by what seemed like 3 yards when defending...it's gonna be a loooong season if it continues like this. ANSWERS, PLEASE!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:57 am

FCBinNYC wrote:Uli Hoeness on the match: "It was obvious we were missing some of our best players. You just can’t replace Luca Toni, Franck Ribéry and Martin Demichelis over the long haul." Well what the ****, we're Bayern! We shouldn't be relying on three players! POOR EXCUSE. We SHOULD be able to replace them when they're out, and if the current players aren't the ones to do it...well?

Now, I only saw the second half, but I was appalled with what I saw. Way too many long balls, they were standing off Hamburg by what seemed like 3 yards when defending...it's gonna be a loooong season if it continues like this. ANSWERS, PLEASE!

The first half wasnt much better, in the first 10 mins Hamburg nearly scored twice (one saved by the post).
Our midfield was crap
Defence was slow
Strikers were isolated

The answer is obvious and it should have been fixed during the transfer window, we need creative players, we cant be expected to win playing long balls like that, thats just pathatic.
Last season our weakness was the DCM and AM positions, and this season we are having the same problems again thats just unacceptable.
The board is stubborn and i dare to say stupid by not going out and improving the squad during the summer, we could have fixed the problems with less than 30mil (10mil for DM and 20mil for AM)
I said it before and i will say it again Ribery, toni wont stick around for long if we dont challenge for the CL and on our performances, we are no where near challenging for top 4 finish let alone winning it.
I think Uli and whoever make the transfer budget decisions at Bayern is behind the times they made some very very stupid decisions since 2005 till now, last year was the only exception.
I cant wait till their term expire and hopefully we get new members who know how football works these days.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby Jorge » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:07 pm

mackoy wrote:In my opinion, Ze Roberto and Schweinsteiger played well. Schweini just got tired in the second half. MVB did little to influence the game and already picked up a yellow yard. I bet in matchday 5 he will be suspended. :x We need Demichelis in as soon as possible and also Altintop who can be more dangerous on the right side and play Schweini as AM instead of Kroos as Walter said he is not their yet to take responsiblity of the midfield.

Schweini is not 100%, remember that he just recovered from severe flu, he played well as long as he had legs.

Not many have mentioned Van Buyten here: He was horrible!, also even more than a creative attacking mid we need a defensive mid, a windshield wiper in front of our defense breaking the opponents attack structure before it reaches or final line, otherwise this team will get creamed again and again.

I am tired of Hoeness stupidity (it does not have another name), he said the same thing when we got spanked by Zenit (“our players were exhausted because they were playing 2 games per week”) I got some news Uli: you can not rely on 11 players if you want to work for Bayern, if this is your approach quit and go to work for a bottom of the table team with no Champions League and Cup, you will happy playing the same 11 from Saturday to Saturday.

What is that crap that you can not replace Ribery and Toni? Hamburg did not have Ribery and Toni either, and the payroll of the 11 that you fielded was higher than Hamburg’s.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:34 pm

You're right. Van Buyten does not fill me with confidence at all at the back. Although he is strong, he is slow. On the other hand Demichelis is strong and fast and a good tackler. For the DM situation I would replace Van Bommel with either Borowski or Ottl. Borowski is experienced while Ottl is very aggressive and works hard to win the ball. But that's not going to happen unfortunately as he is the captain now. We'll have to wait until he gets suspended for 3 games.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby Jorge » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:29 pm

mackoy wrote:We'll have to wait until he gets suspended for 3 games.

Then we won't have to wait too much! :lol:
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby bayern123 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:59 am

What a very disappointing debut for the Bayern team. To me, injuries obviously hurt them. Missing Toni, Ribery, Demichelis was the key. Klose has been so mediocre. He started well last season, but then just seems a step slower. Podolski should definitely get the nod past Klose. Klose would be an excellent sub for the last 15-20 min in a game. Forget FEELINGS!!!

The midfield is even more mediocre when Ribery is not in there. Ze Roberto is getting older, Van Bommel okay, Schweini just too inconsistent. We just do not have a REAL GENERAL! or Quarterback there. We need someone who really can take charge. The other midfielders are just okay. They are NOT world class players.

On defense......all I can say is Van Buyten. AAAWWHH!! he is a statue there.
Demichelis is so key for this team. It puts less pressure on Lucio and others when Demi is there.

I am just upset at our Bayern team for not adding anyone substantial to a very good team that worked well last season.

To be honest, I do not have very much hope for this team. The team is practically the same last year, just one year older and missing Kahn. Not a good thing in the game of soccer.
bayern123
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Next

Return to Bundesliga