You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-09-15] FC Bayern München vs FC Schalke 04

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What do you think will happen in this big match?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:04 am

Bayern will win
82%
Draw
18%
Schalke will win
No votes

Total votes : 11

[2007-09-15] FC Bayern München vs FC Schalke 04

Postby FC Bajern » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:04 am

Matchday five in the Bundesliga and Bayern is facing Schalke at home. We all know tha Lahm will not be playing and hopefully Toni will be back. It's funny that Klose and Kuranyi played together yesterday and now will play against each other. I really believe that Bayern can win this one. What do you think?

Stadium: Allianz Arena, München
Kick-off: Saturday, Sep 15th 2007, 15.30h

Image vs Image

*cough* sticky
FC Bajern

Postby Miss Dangerous » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:28 pm

I hope that we`ll get back our great performance. O:) and not play the way we did against Hamburg. hopefully that Jansen will return!!

------------------------------Kahn-------------------------------------
----Lell-------------Lucio----------Demichelis---------Jansen-----
----Ribéry----van Bommel------Zé Roberto-----Schweinsteiger------
----------------Klose-----------------Podolski---------------
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2007-09-15] FC Bayern München vs FC Schalke 04

Postby Ballattack » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:46 pm

I believe Bayern will win this match, but too bad I won't be able to watch it because I had an exam at the same day, that happened with Werder Bremen match too, my teachers seem to be Anti-Bayern :evil:

FC Bajern wrote:It's funny that Klose and Kuranyi played together yesterday and now will play against each other.

That reminds me of what happened last season when Germany played against Czech Republic, Podolski & Kuranyi played on the first team, and in the next week they played against each other :wink:
Ballattack
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:21 pm

Ballattack wrote:I believe Bayern will win this match, but too bad I won't be able to watch it because I had an exam at the same day, that happened with Werder Bremen match too, my teachers seem to be Anti-Bayern :evil:

Don`t you have a day-off on Saturday?! 8-[
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:45 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about this game. There are just too many injuries. Toni is supposed to be out, Hamit, I heard, injured his knee against Malta but I don't know any more about the severity of it and Lahm is out. I think I'll wait to see what happens tomorrow before I make my decision.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:34 pm

Haha the Maltese kicked the ass out of the Turkish players. Their number 25 kept getting fouled all the time. But I only saw Altintop being fouled once to be honest, and it wasn't a bad foul.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ballattack » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:10 pm

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:

Not in Emirates :( our School days from Saturday 'till Wednesday.
Ballattack
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:46 pm

Ballattack wrote:
Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:

Not in Emirates :( our School days from Saturday 'till Wednesday.

That`s wierd!! `cause I have members of my family over there in Emirates, and they told me that thier weekend is on Friday and Saturday. so, thier school starts from Sunday to Thursday! :|
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ballattack » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:18 pm

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:That`s wierd!! `cause I have members of my family over there in Emirates, and they told me that thier weekend is on Friday and Saturday. so, thier school starts from Sunday to Thursday! :|

Never heard of that, all of schools I've been to "Thursday and Friday" were the weekend, maybe that doesn't include all the cities in UAE, but I should've known :shock:
Ballattack
Getting the hang of it

Postby FC Bajern » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:35 am

Both Bayern and Schalke are unbeaten this season. Hopefully Bayern will be the first team to destroy them.
FC Bajern

Postby FC Bajern » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:41 am

As Bayern Munich prepare to welcome back their international stars in time for Saturday’s clash with Schalke, coach Ottmar Hitzfeld is worried about the condition of Brazilian centre-back Lucio.

The Brazilian is not due to return in Munich from two internationals in the USA until Friday, and Hitzfeld is concerned about his fitness.

“I’ll have to give it some thought,” admitted Hitzfeld, keen to maintain the defensive pairing of Demichelis - Lucio which has served the club so well this term.
FC Bajern

Twins go head to head

Postby tracylynn » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:45 pm

09-14-2007
Altintop twins go head-to-head in German soccer clash

There will be no love lost between twin brothers, and best friends, Halil and Hamit Altintop when the Turkish internationals go head-to-head as Bayern Munich face Schalke 04 on Saturday.

The Altintop boys talk each day and were room-mates in Istanbul before Turkey beat Hungary 3-0 on Wednesday night in a Euro 2008 qualifier, but their relationship will be on ice for the 90 minutes of Saturday's Bundesliga battle.

The twins, 24, have spent a total of 15 years playing together at German minnows SG Wattenscheid, TuS Rotthausen and Schwarz-Weiß Gelsenkirchen-Sued, before they were re-united at Schalke last season.

But Hamit switched to league-leaders Bayern in the summer which saw the Altintop's lock horns in the German giant's 1-0 League Cup final win in August.

This will be the eighth time the brothers have played against each other and striker Halil has some ground to make up having lost six of the seven meetings.

'We talk on the phone everyday about football and our private lives, but although we are brothers, we are also total professionals,' said Hamit.

'Our families aren't really Schalke or Bayern fans, they just support us, although I think most of them are tipping Bayern for this one,' said Halil.

Bayern are waiting on the fitness of Italian World Cup striker Luca Toni who has a thigh injury while German defender Philipp Lahm is definitely out until early October after damaging knee ligaments training with the national side.

And for Schalke, German defender Christian Pander faces a race against time to be ready for kick-off after shaking off a thigh injury.

'The problems is not yet completey healed and we will have to see how he is,' said Schalke coach Mirko Slomka.

Saturday's duel will pit Germany's first-choice strikers Schalke's Kevin Kuranyi and Miroslav Klose against each other in what promises to be a fascinating contest
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:39 am

Ten reasons why we will beat Schalke

FC Bayern face off against Schalke 04 on Saturday. bundesliga.de lists ten reasons the Record German Champions look good.

The Bundesliga’s top two teams have met 74 times in league games. The 75th duel comes on Saturday, and is hotly anticipated. The title favorites finally have to play one of their most ambitious opponents.

Here — with a wink — are the ten reasons Bayern look good to keep their streak alive:

1) Statistics: Bayern and Schalke have played each other 74 times in the Bundesliga. Bayern have won more than double as many games (35) as Schalke (16).

2) The Allianz Arena: Schalke 04 have been guests in FC Bayern’s new home twice — and the “Royal Blues” have lost both, 0:3 and 0:2.

3) Hamit Altintop: The FC Bayern newcomer used to play for Schalke 04, and will be motivated against his former team. The Turk has as many goals to his name now (2) as in the entire last season with his former club.

4) Halil Altintop: Schalke’s striker doesn’t like to embarass his brother in public. The Brothers Altintop have been on opposing sides in five Bundesliga games. Hamit was with Schalke, Halil with 1. FC Kaiserslautern. Hamit and Schalke won four of the five matches.

5) Home Field Advantage:
Two home games, two home wins, no goals against: FC Bayern have already proven their strength at home.

6) Away Weakness: The trip to Munich is no walk in the park for the “Royal Blues”. On Saturday Bayern could score their 100th Bundesliga goal in Munich against Schalke, who have let in a total of 155 goals against FCB.

7) FCB Strike Force: Luca Toni and Miroslav Klose have been sensational. Both Toni and Klose have scored three times.

8 ) Mirko Slomka: The Schalke coach has never beaten the Record German Champions (one draw and two losses).

9) Defence: Bayern have let in just one goal this season. And that has kept them on top of the league.

10) Premiere League Cup: In the final of the season’s first indicator, FC Bayern came away with the victory on July 28, 2007 thanks to Miroslav Klose’s 1:0 goal.

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:45 am

Probable line-ups:

Bayern Munich: Kahn - Lell, Lucio, Demichelis, Jansen - Van Bommel, Zé Roberto - Altintop, Schweinsteiger, Ribéry - Klose
Also in matchday squad: Rensing, Van Buyten, Ottl, Podolski, Wagner, Toni

Schalke 04: Neuer - Rafinha, Westermann, Bordon, Pander - Ernst - Jones, Bajramovic - Rakitic - Asamoah, Kuranyi

Referee: Herbert Fandel (Kyllburg)

Bayern’s record in the fixture: P35 W27 D5 L5 F99 A32

fcbayern.de

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:40 pm

GOOOOOOOAAAAALLLL Klose 1-1,
FC Bajern

Next

Return to Bundesliga