You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-03-15] Energie Cottbus vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:51 am

Energie Cottbus win
No votes
Draw
50%
Bayern Munich win
50%

Total votes : 2

[2008-03-15] Energie Cottbus vs Bayern Munich

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:07 pm

Matchday 24, Bayern leading the Bundesliga by 7 points on top of Bremen while Cottbus are last in the standings fighting against relegation.

I think it will be a tough match for Bayern away since they'll going to fight for the 3 points and try to defeat Bayern in front of their fans.
Lucio and Klose are rated doubtful while Schweinsteiger and Roberto return. Kahn will replace Rensing but VBM is suspended.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:59 pm

Interesting news. Hitzfeld has suspended Demichelis for not wanting to play as defensive midfielder.

Bayern Munich have suspended defender Martin Demichelis until further notice after he refused a request to play in midfield in this Saturday's match against Energie Cottbus, the Bundesliga leaders said on Friday.

The Argentina international had "lost the plot" and the club had no alternative but to leave him behind in Munich and ban him from training, coach Ottmar Hitzfeld said on the club's Web site (www.fcbayern.de).

The 27-year-old had played in defensive midfield against Schalke 04 and Karlsruhe SC earlier this month but refused to play there again, he said.

"A player can't choose which position he wants to play in," Hitzfeld said. "This is not a musical request programme and it remains a decision exclusively for the coach."

Hitzfeld has acted firmly with his players before.

Club captain Oliver Kahn was fined 25,000 euros ($38,970) and suspended for one match after he left the Christmas party early and criticised team mates Luca Toni and Franck Ribery.

Demichelis had stormed into the Bayern press room after training on Friday to tell reporters his side of the story, sports news agency SID reported.

"My heart beats for FC Bayern and I feel like a son of the club," SID quoted him as saying.

"I want to apologise to the fans for this behaviour and don't want to criticise Ottmar Hitzfeld but I am a regular player in Argentina and also want to play in my regular position."

Midfielder Mark van Bommel is suspended for the match against bottom-placed Cottbus. Bayern are seven points clear at the top of the Bundesliga on 50 points with Werder Bremen on 43 in second and Hamburg SV on 42 in third.

Reuters
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:27 pm

Bayern will win 3-0 like last year! :D
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:07 pm

TV channels transmitting the game live:

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?match ... art=sports

Best station is GolTv using TVU player.

edit: GolTv is broadcasting the Hamburg vs Dortmund match instead. Tune in another station.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:53 pm

Cottbus 1-0 Bayern :(
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:06 pm

Bayern miss a great chance to equalise. Toni is fouled in the box and Ribery saw his subsequent penalty kick being saved.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:14 pm

2-0 :cry:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fcb 4eva » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:17 pm

this is embarrasing!!
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:27 pm

Well Bayern are playing like S**T!!!!!! Hitzfeld needs to motivate the players (i.e gets very angry, shouts at the players, kick lockers, etc) so that maybe the moral of the team increases a bit. They don't feel like playing football at all. They seem fighting with each other instead. The penalty.....hmmm. Typically Italian (debate) Toni fell easily even tough he was fouled a bit. And then Ribery taking the penalty. He didn't seem very confident and motivated to take it. The shot was weak but the keeper saved it well. Cottbus deserves to lead this game. If Bayern keep playing like this in the second half, they will concede more goals! :evil:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:33 pm

FT Score: Energie Cottbus 2-0 Bayern Munich

Scorers: Jelic 18', 38'

The match was lost from the beginning. :x
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby elcalifornio » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:36 am

This is bad. If they want to beat Getafe, Stuttgart, Wolfsburg, etc. they need to show some real physical dominance. Since November they have been shakey defencivley in most games and that can't be good if they're going to loose defenders like Sagnol and lahm next year.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:27 pm

Didn't watch this game since it was on delay here in the US and I saw the score by accident before the broadcast...and I'm glad I didn't see it! Based on Cottbus' performance at the Allianz earlier this year Bayern must've been REALLY bad for them to put two past us...disgraceful. Demichelis really screwed us on this one. I like Micho but I have to say I'm on Hitzfeld's side, you play where you're told to play no matter what, especially when the alternative is to bring Ze back for his first game from injury. Using him as the sole DM was never going to work either, he needs a partner to give him some attacking room, if you're going to use one DM it has to be Ottl or MVB or MICHO that selfish..... :x
Needless to say I'm pissed, we've let Hamburg back in the title race and if Bremen win today then they're back too. Hopefully this is just a blip that no one will remember when Olli's lifting the shield at the end of the season, but if Bayern somehow loses the Liga by 3 or less points....this game will certainly be the one that you'd say lost the title for them. Maybe the cup game this week will remind them of what PLAYING TO WIN AT ALL COSTS is all about!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:10 pm

I'm late making my post but I finally was able to watch the game. Thank goodness for DVRs. Anyway, a few comments.....

1) Bayern got cocky and underestimated their opponent. When they do that then the result is hardly ever in Bayern's favor. The team, management, and even the fans need to stop thinking that way because anything can happen on a given day and that is what happened.

2) As far as Hitzfeld not showing emotion...well, remember Magath? He never showed any emotion. At least with Hitzfeld, you can tell his ticked off by the expression on his face.

3) This team simply was not into the game at all. I would also say that I agree that part of the problem was with Micho out. But, I agree that he needed to be punished for his actions. I think his actions had an effect on the team because what had happen was sorta suddent and I think he threw the team in a whirlwind.

4) I'm gald to know that Toni is Italian. I would not have not known that if his nationality was not always brought up. :roll: If he ever gets confused about his nationality then I'm sure he can always ask the Bayern fans because they'll never let him forget it.

5) Sosa actually was pretty good in this game. Too bad the majority of the players played like crap. It's good to know that he is starting to get the hang of things.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Return to Bundesliga