You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-02-20] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:30 pm

Eintracht Frankfurt will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
No votes

Total votes : 0

Re: [2021-02-20] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Postby T4L10N » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:17 am

ramsej84 wrote:Also Coman was a ghost yest he never came into the match!
I hope that it was just an off day cause we need him back to his old form.

@YXabi.
Re Roca. If he plays fractions of minutes he will never improve let alone build the chemistry needed with his mates.

Re formation. I don't hold any coaching license as you do, but I just expressed an opinion in a moment of the match when we needed some drastic measures...
And pls note that I was not aware that Leon was "ready" to step in.

Re Kahn. AT LEAST he was man enough to accept his role and even offered his support to Lehmann when Mad Klinsmann decided what he decided in 2006...
Neuer was not man enough to admit that he did not even deserve to be in Russia.
Anyway that is in the past now...
I don't hate Neuer God Forbids... but am not fan of his attitude , tbh even on the pitch as he rarely acts as a Kapitan and doesn't even shouts to this def. But obviously he is one of the best if not the best.

I really dont understand that Neuer vs Kahn comparison. Yeah Kahn's action was one of a kind and deserves great respect itself, but putting GK in a starting lineup is coach's decision to be made, not of a GK himself. If Low decided to put MATS in starting XI then we could talk whether Neuer offered support or not, but now we never know this.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:01 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Many things happened today.

I'm happy that no player got a serious injury especially with those pitch conditions.

Our first 30 min were very poor as usual. I'm under the impression that our players give only 50-60% effort in BL games because whenever we play Champions League or even the Club World Cup, their attitude is radically different. In fact that's what makes me confident for the CL draw vs Lazio.

I was happy that we signed Roca but I don't like what I've seen so far this season. And we were 3x better once he was replaced by Goretzka. One thing that I don't like though is that Flick gets called out for not playing Roca more often and then when Roca plays like garbage it's Flick's fault too.

Our second half was great and hopefully that's what we'll get to see in the Champions League and from now on in BL. We were like 7 points clear on top of the table and our players were relaxed and waiting for the Club World Cup and Champions League fixtures. Now that RB Leipzig is back on the title race I'm expecting them to focus and start winning again.

The player selection wasn't bad IMO. This was our bench:

Hoffmann, Goretzka, Musiala, Lucas, Javi Martinez, Dantas, Sarr, Sieb

Goretzka had recovered from COVID so that's why he didn't start.

I like that Musiala is getting playing time progressively. He is still too young and you can't just throw him there in a difficult match like this and expect him to deliver. In fact not that long ago he had a discrete performance vs some mediocre BL team and some users here already started to criticise him :?

I would have liked to see more of the Alaba - Lucas partnership because Boateng is playing too casual, but Flick seems to prioritize build up over defending. And apart from that there aren't many things that I would have changed from this team considering the players available

#12 wrote:We won’t win anything this year...

The last time that you said that, we won the SEXTUPLE which is the total opposite :coffee:

ramsej84 wrote:Flick ...has to remove Sule and Chupo and bring in Musiala and Lucas

Neuer

Boa Alaba Hernandez

Kimmich Roca Musiala Davies

Sane Lewa Coman

Yeah, Flick definitely needs to stop winning Sextuples and start reading your nonsense formations on BayernForum =D>

And I find it funny that you constantly hate on Neuer and call him arrogant but at the same time you admire Oliver Kahn who was WAY MORE arrogant than Manuel Neuer.

I didn’t say that last year...
If anything, I might’ve said it when we still had Kovac, I think we can all agree nothing like that will happen...

You fecking sextuple shit is blinding you... CWC is a joke and -spoiler alert- no we did not play with another "radically different" attitude there, we played garbage teams in a glorified tournament that Hoffenheim would‘ve won comfortably!

For all the Bullshit you guys always give and MUTU‘s "but we didn’t lose", it’s funny no one has realized it‘s only mediocre teams... We‘ve lost every encounter with a top 8 team in 2021... And if we hadn’t gotten away with a narrow and somewhat lucky win against Freiburg, we‘d be talking about losing points to everyone in the top12... Tell this to your "sextuple"...

And again, it’s not just about silverware! You may well lose at Frankfurt, not like this... You may lose at Gladbach... But like this? Dropping points to Bielefeld? Maybe, but like this? Oh and then the mighty Kiel... Horrible in itself, but maybe excusable as well... Thing is... All of this happened within a mere 8 weeks... Funny how you realize it when it’s good and labeled "Champions League", but how you completely ignore it, when it‘s the other way around...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:01 pm

T4L10N wrote:
#12 wrote:
T4L10N wrote:Actually, it was a matter of time when the crisis would hit us. Its not a problem to have domestic competition till the very end and right now we just need to concentrate and beat Lazio. By the end of March, most of our players should be getting in their forms, at least I hope so.
This is the second crisis already, arguably a long first one... When‘s the last time we won a game convincingly that didn’t feature Schalke as opponent? Probably Frankfurt, you know, in the Hinrunde...
IF the crisis WERE, in fact, due to being tired, maybe I could understand (still weird though after 5 days of rest this week while others played 3 convincing matches in the same time... But "being tired" is another baseless excuse when you always start to resemble actually playing in the second half... There‘s always gas left... So "tired" is not it... "Stupid" however, is fitting... Cause the morons still haven’t realized it‘s half the effort when you show up for the first half, probably less energy consuming and maybe you might even end up with a point at the end instead of nothing...

If you are right and we are saving energy, then I am more hopeful about this year's campaign. Anyway, Lazio game may show this so lets wait.
We‘re not, my point is we‘re wasting it...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:02 pm

dmenace wrote:
ramsej84 wrote: even on the pitch as he rarely acts as a Kapitan and doesn't even shouts to this def.

This has been iritating me for long time now, and think Muller is much more of a Captain than he is...
He‘s the only one yesterday who didn’t jerk about the second half but said that they learned big fucking nothing from Bielefeld...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:04 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I was happy that we signed Roca but I don't like what I've seen so far this season. And we were 3x better once he was replaced by Goretzka. One thing that I don't like though is that Flick gets called out for not playing Roca more often and then when Roca plays like garbage it's Flick's fault too.

Great post in general and I agree with pretty much everything, except this l, where I don’t agree totally.

Roca has not been world class but I think has been mostly dependable when called upon. He’s definitely better than recent backup midfield transfers like Rudy and Rode. I would classify the transfer as being roughly of the same impact as Perisic, except that Perisic was called upon more.

Yesterday he wasn’t too good but even then I would have preferred Goretzka to come on instead of Süle rather than him. I believe more than Goretzka-Kimmich the midfield needs Goretzka+a good midfielder. The problem is Flick has often gone with Goretzka alone in midfield when Kimmich was unavailable or at RB. Of course Goretzka+Kimmich is on a whole other level but we need to close down the 12-lane street we have on the right.

All in all, tbh I don’t think Roca has been worse than Goretzka was 18 months ago... except that Goretzka would often score after doing nothing all game. He’s in a new club and country too and has played much less than Goretzka used to. I’m still confident he’ll develop into a good player.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:22 pm

Maybe I was expecting too much from Roca when we signed him or maybe he needs more time to adapt and a proper pre season. But if I was expecting him to be good at one thing, that is reading the game.

And I'm quite disappointed with that.

Yes he can play long passes and has good ball skills but he doesn't strike me as one of those midfielders that can dictate the tempo of the game. At the moment he can just fit in when we play you average BL team. But I would not trust him vs any bigger opponent.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby T4L10N » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:58 pm

#12 wrote:We‘re not, my point is we‘re wasting it...

I really dont get your point then
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:01 pm

T4L10N wrote:

It’s simple... How much energy did we save in yesterday’s game and how mich points did it bring us?
Had we actually tried playing in the first half, we would‘ve needed LESS energy and probably ended up getting more points...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby T4L10N » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:46 pm

#12 wrote:
T4L10N wrote:

It’s simple... How much energy did we save in yesterday’s game and how mich points did it bring us?
Had we actually tried playing in the first half, we would‘ve needed LESS energy and probably ended up getting more points...

Let me disagree here, no way you can save more energy playing 2 90 mins at the same tempo rather then 45 mins. As for final score, maybe we could take 1 point, not to mention that sole goal was due to Sane's individual brilliance rather then team effort.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:49 pm

T4L10N wrote:
#12 wrote:
T4L10N wrote:[quote="#12"]We‘re not, my point is we‘re wasting it...

Let me disagree here, no way you can save more energy playing 2 90 mins at the same tempo rather then 45 mins. As for final score, maybe we could take 1 point, not to mention that sole goal was due to Sane's individual brilliance rather then team effort.[/quote]No... Cause you don’t need two really good halves to win in Bundesliga... Two average ones ate enough... Yet we don’t even do the basics... Fatty Süle produced what feels like his 15th misplaced pass leasing to a goal yesterday... It’s attitude!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby T4L10N » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:12 pm

#12 wrote:No... Cause you don’t need two really good halves to win in Bundesliga... Two average ones ate enough... Yet we don’t even do the basics... Fatty Süle produced what feels like his 15th misplaced pass leasing to a goal yesterday... It’s attitude!

Yeah, you cant do anything with fatty Sule and demotivated Alaba. But if you really think average game from us is enough for Bundesliga that means we are truly strong team. Average game for Bundesliga equals average for any other top league bar PL maybe. Still I hope you are not one of those who thinks that treble from Germany isnt worth as much as for that of Spain or England, since that's very pathetic. Every time we won a treble, we completely annihilated heavyweights from those top leagues, even more than team like Eintracht.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:16 pm

T4L10N wrote:
#12 wrote:No... Cause you don’t need two really good halves to win in Bundesliga... Two average ones ate enough... Yet we don’t even do the basics... Fatty Süle produced what feels like his 15th misplaced pass leasing to a goal yesterday... It’s attitude!

Yeah, you cant do anything with fatty Sule and demotivated Alaba. But if you really think average game from us is enough for Bundesliga that means we are truly strong team. Average game for Bundesliga equals average for any other top league bar PL maybe. Still I hope you are not one of those who thinks that treble from Germany isnt worth as much as for that of Spain or England, since that's very pathetic. Every time we won a treble, we completely annihilated heavyweights from those top leagues, even more than team like Eintracht.
I think that it is easier - for us - to win Bundesliga, yes... As a matter of fact, failing to win it is an embarrassment... That goes for no other top team bar PSG... Doesn’t mean a treble is an easy feat... But again, we cannot replicate this form we had not only at will, but not at all... So it must be an exception... Simple...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby T4L10N » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:20 pm

#12 wrote:
T4L10N wrote:

I think that it is easier - for us - to win Bundesliga, yes... As a matter of fact, failing to win it is an embarrassment... That goes for no other top team bar PSG... Doesn’t mean a treble is an easy feat... But again, we cannot replicate this form we had not only at will, but not at all... So it must be an exception... Simple...

If we played in La Liga this year it would have been same, just look at RM and Barca. I am not even talking about Serie A. only League we would get some competition is PL (due to CIty) and thats it.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:35 pm

T4L10N wrote:
#12 wrote:
T4L10N wrote:[quote="#12"]No... Cause you don’t need two really good halves to win in Bundesliga... Two average ones ate enough... Yet we don’t even do the basics... Fatty Süle produced what feels like his 15th misplaced pass leasing to a goal yesterday... It’s attitude!

If we played in La Liga this year it would have been same, just look at RM and Barca. I am not even talking about Serie A. only League we would get some competition is PL (due to CIty) and thats it.[/quote]We‘re getting "competition" from Leipzig buddy...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:41 pm

Oh and since they hadn't shown us proper replays...

https://imgur.com/ooBmLUA.mp4

This was a penalty for me. There is very clear contact by their #35 who is disinterested in getting to the ball but only trying to physically impede Suele from getting to the ball.

They also had a penalty at the end. Looked to me like it had little intention but he did step on the player's leg.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga