You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-12-22] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:30 pm

Eintracht Frankfurt will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 4

[2018-12-22] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Postby MatchBot » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:15 pm

Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich
Competition: 1. Bundesliga
Venue: Commerzbank-Arena, Frankfurt

Previous encounters:
  • [2018-08-12] Eintracht Frankfurt 0 - 5 Bayern Munich (DFL-Supercup (German Super Cup))
  • [2018-05-19] Bayern Munich 1 - 3 Eintracht Frankfurt (DFB-Pokal (German Cup)) — neutral venue
  • [2018-04-28] Bayern Munich 4 - 1 Eintracht Frankfurt (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2017-12-09] Eintracht Frankfurt 0 - 1 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2017-03-11] Bayern Munich 3 - 0 Eintracht Frankfurt (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2016-10-15] Eintracht Frankfurt 2 - 2 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2016-04-02] Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Eintracht Frankfurt (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2015-10-30] Eintracht Frankfurt 0 - 0 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2015-04-11] Bayern Munich 3 - 0 Eintracht Frankfurt (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2014-11-08] Eintracht Frankfurt 0 - 4 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2014-02-02] Bayern Munich 5 - 0 Eintracht Frankfurt (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2013-08-17] Eintracht Frankfurt 0 - 1 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2013-04-06] Eintracht Frankfurt 0 - 1 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2012-11-10] Bayern Munich 2 - 0 Eintracht Frankfurt (1. Bundesliga)

MatchBot
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2018-12-22] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:06 pm

Must win game for Kovac.

Hope Thiago is fine after that Leipzig player tried to break his leg. Don’t think Gnabry will play in this one.

Anything less than three points would be catastrophic for Bayern’s BL hopes.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:24 pm

Yep, for me this match is now even more important than today's.
If we lost or drew today, this one is less important IMO.

Now? Crucial for me.
Win and you're in a great spot with good momentum heading into winter.
Lose - especially if it's a bad loss - and we're right back into crisis I think.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:21 am

Please Bayern don't win, please please please [-o<
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:35 am

Dortmund is playing on sunday, that means we could temporarily be just 3 points below and then suddenly the pressure is on them :)
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:35 am

Borusse wrote:Please Bayern don't win, please please please [-o<
At first I thought that it was #12- posting this
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:55 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Dortmund is playing on sunday, that means we could temporarily be just 3 points below and then suddenly the pressure is on them :)

And on Gladbach, who they play. Right now we're level with Gladbach and -6 from BVB but if we win we will either be level with Gladbach and -3 from BVB, +1 over Gladbach and -5 from BVB or +3 over Gladbach and -6 from BVB.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:03 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Dortmund is playing on sunday, that means we could temporarily be just 3 points below and then suddenly the pressure is on them :)

We're playing tomorrow actually. :P
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:32 am

I really think this is a turning point. If Dortmund lose and Bayern win, we are suddenly favourites for the title even though we'd still be behind (and Gladbach would also be serious contenders). Bayern can handle that pressure more than anyone. If the lead goes back to 9 points it is definitely over.

My prediction is both Dortmund and Bayern will win.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:34 am

Let's hit 'em for 5 again! We'd have gone full circle. The "first 7 matches" started with a 5-0 away win against Frankfurt. We've had 6 positive matches in a row so far (yes, I'm including the 3-3 against Ajax in the stadium we've never won in because it secured us as group winners), so winning this match would be the "last 7 matches" :mrgreen:
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:56 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I really think this is a turning point. If Dortmund lose and Bayern win, we are suddenly favourites for the title even though we'd still be behind (and Gladbach would also be serious contenders). Bayern can handle that pressure more than anyone. If the lead goes back to 9 points it is definitely over.

My prediction is both Dortmund and Bayern will win.

For what it's worth, 538's simulations have us back as the favorite to ultimately win it after Dortmund's most recent loss...Even though we're still 6 points back (obviously, lol), the number of scenarios in which we make up a 6 point deficit is much more than those in which we make up 9 points. Even more so if it's 3, of course. Of course, far too early to begin getting too excited about it, but it definitely is a big turning point in the season, one way or another, I think.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Postby MUTU » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:57 pm

So, Robben out, Gnabry out, James out, Sanches suspended, Coman doubtful.

This is going to get tough. Either Rafinha is going to play as RW, or else we'll play Rafinha as RB, Kimmich in the middle and Goretzka as RW?

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:03 pm

Neuer

Kimmich Sule Hummels Alaba

Thiago. Martinez

Goretzka Mueller Ribery

Lewa

When we have all players available Kindly refrain from mentioning it.

Thanks
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:15 pm

Truthfully, provided we take care of business on our end.....I think I can live with whatever result happens in the BVB-BMG game.
a lot of Dortmund fans I've talked to have worries about their depth and how long they can maintain their form for. A lot of them think BVB simply doesn't have the depth right now to 'go the distance' and will ultimately fall-off by the end of the year (I'm not saying a total collapse and neither are they, but rather just some decline). On the other hand, I don't know if that's the case with BMG - admittedly I don't have too many Gladbach friends to talk to! :lol: But, I guess I wonder which is better for Bayern: three points dropped by BVB...OR three points gained by BMG? If we think that BVB might slow down a bit...dropped points now would be nice, but those three points could also prove very important for Gladbach trying to mount a challenge. I don't know, just kind of spitballing at the moment, but I'm interested to see how it shakes out.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Postby Borusse » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:13 pm

aterford wrote:Truthfully, provided we take care of business on our end.....I think I can live with whatever result happens in the BVB-BMG game.
a lot of Dortmund fans I've talked to have worries about their depth and how long they can maintain their form for. A lot of them think BVB simply doesn't have the depth right now to 'go the distance' and will ultimately fall-off by the end of the year (I'm not saying a total collapse and neither are they, but rather just some decline). On the other hand, I don't know if that's the case with BMG - admittedly I don't have too many Gladbach friends to talk to! :lol: But, I guess I wonder which is better for Bayern: three points dropped by BVB...OR three points gained by BMG? If we think that BVB might slow down a bit...dropped points now would be nice, but those three points could also prove very important for Gladbach trying to mount a challenge. I don't know, just kind of spitballing at the moment, but I'm interested to see how it shakes out.

You have talked to some really uninformed Dortmund fans. Please talk to me next time if you want solid info :D BVB haven't had this much depth for the last 15 years. I am definitely worried about keeping the lead but I'm really not worried about being outside of TOP2. It's going to be Dortmund and Bayern at the top, almost 100% sure of that. So trust me, you don't want BVB winning tomorrow's game.

And actually, more than a collapse or decline, I expect an improvement in the second half of the season. Because why in the world would we decline or collapse? We have a new coach who has lots of ideas and knows his job, mix of experienced and young, talented(!) players and guys hungry for success with strong support of guys like Sebastian Kehl and Matthias Sammer with strong mentalities. This team should only get better over time. And when do you get better mostly? During training and preparations for the season which will now happen in the winter break. I expect Dortmund to actually play at least as good as they did in this round and there is a good chance we will be stronger.

Maybe Gladbach or those BVB fans you know will prove me wrong, who knows. Only time can tell. But it just doesn't make sense to me that Dortmund will suddenly stop winning games.
Last edited by Borusse on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Next

Return to Bundesliga